2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Got a call Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 1/9/05, 10:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"It's a work of art" the salesman told me on my answering machine. That was at 1030 am. I didn't get the message until 5 pm! By the time I got down there she was gone! The new owners were signing the last of the paperwork and drove it off. They looked so happy!

I was feeling pretty stupid on Saturday and if I could have gotten the financing I would have bought it! Guess thats just God keeping me out of trouble.
Old 1/9/05, 10:25 PM
GT Member

I know how you feel, that happened to me twice. Think about it this way-that particular car wasn't meant for you. You'll eventually get the one you want and then you can be the one driving off leaving someone thinking Wow, he sure looks happy.
Old 1/9/05, 10:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

thats true
Old 1/9/05, 10:37 PM
FR500 Member

id be heart-broken......im assuming u didnt put a deposite down
Old 1/9/05, 10:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

No I am just a name on a list. This one was turned down by a guy that wanted an auto instead of the 5 speed.

I can't even afford the car now with all my problems but I have my illusions. I did tell them I'd be back in a year with a down payment and would buy an 05 off the lot. The dealer said they should have rebates on the 05's by then.
Old 1/9/05, 11:06 PM
Cobra Member

Order it or don’t complain about someone else buying it as it was never yours. Sorry maybe I’m just bitter about those who have their mustangs and didn’t order them it just feels like they didn’t earn them. They walk by and say oh hey, that looks nice, and buy it.
Old 1/9/05, 11:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

I would just like to say that I can't remember a time when I've been more excited by an "object". The news and information I get here at TMS makes everyday feel a little like Christmas. The only thing that beats my excitement for this car is that I have a son due on the 22nd (though it'll be sooner)!

I'm more excited about the 05 Mustang than I was the day i purchased my 02. What is it about this car that gets me so worked up? I've even given thought to going into car sales because I know I could sell the heck out of these things. I already know I am a more informed person than any salesman I've met at the local dealers. I find myself informing them. Just imagining seeing people driving off in their new Stangs would be a great reward!

My girlfriend has already threatened to spraypaint the words "*****" and "home wrecker" on the car because she won't get as much attention (jokingly).

I just can't wait until the day finally comes that I will get mine. I know it can't be soon but it can never be soon enough.
Old 1/9/05, 11:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Altoid: Thats not a good way to think of it. So what if I buy off the lot? My Mustang would still be my Mustang. Some guy turned it down and somebody got the good luck of picking it up.

I'm not complaing, just a little jealous. I was totally happy for the guy that bought it. You could just tell how happy he was by the leap in his steps. He nearly ran outside to jump in the car!
Old 1/10/05, 01:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by Altoid@January 9, 2005, 10:09 PM
Sorry maybe I’m just bitter about those who have their mustangs and didn’t order them it just feels like they didn’t earn them.
Geeee....I guess I'm one of those types. I ordered a Satin Silver GT, and the dealership called me when a Torch Red came in that someone turned down. It was the same options that I had ordered (except color), so of course I said 'Yes'. Well, now I have my Mustang as of 11-29-04......and I'm not sure the one I ordered a month prior (11-01-04) even has a build date as yet.
Old 1/10/05, 05:00 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Altoid@January 10, 2005, 1:09 AM
Order it or don’t complain about someone else buying it as it was never yours. Sorry maybe I’m just bitter about those who have their mustangs and didn’t order them it just feels like they didn’t earn them. They walk by and say oh hey, that looks nice, and buy it.
nope...........
I firmly believe my canary was meant for me order or not. Too many coincedences for it not have been meant to be.
Old 1/10/05, 05:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Ballz@January 10, 2005, 12:13 AM
I would just like to say that I can't remember a time when I've been more excited by an "object". The news and information I get here at TMS makes everyday feel a little like Christmas. The only thing that beats my excitement for this car is that I have a son due on the 22nd (though it'll be sooner)!

I'm more excited about the 05 Mustang than I was the day i purchased my 02. What is it about this car that gets me so worked up? I've even given thought to going into car sales because I know I could sell the heck out of these things. I already know I am a more informed person than any salesman I've met at the local dealers. I find myself informing them. Just imagining seeing people driving off in their new Stangs would be a great reward!

My girlfriend has already threatened to spraypaint the words "*****" and "home wrecker" on the car because she won't get as much attention (jokingly).

I just can't wait until the day finally comes that I will get mine. I know it can't be soon but it can never be soon enough.
This website helps me remember I indeed have not lost my mind, and it's normal to think about my new stang ALL THE TIME! Your girlfriend has a great sense of humor.....cracks me up with that comment.
Old 1/10/05, 06:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yeah, she's got a baby due in the next couple of weeks so she's a "little" moody! She's a big Mustang fan though and would love to have one. Just not as much as me!