2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Global UP/DOWN Power Window Problem and Other Prob

Search this Thread

Old 1/26/05, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
:scratch: Hiya all...

I've had my new GT since Dec 29 and it is equipped w/the Active Anti-theft System, however the global window up/down function refuses to function from either the key fob or the key directly into the door... The dealer techs thought they had it isolated to a central control module (that was ordered over 10 days ago)... However after installed and re-programmed the problem persists... They're on the line (again) with the factory tech assist people as we speak... They've had the car since 8:30 AM and it is now 5:00PM.. Looks like they put in a long frsutrating day on this... Has anyone else experianced problems of this nature?

Of note a couple of other problem I had that were fixed/addressed today:

1) Exhaust rattle at 1500RPM on start up (until warmed up) sounded like the exhaust was touching the heat-shield under the car... This would only show up when the ambient air temp was below approx 35 deg F.

2) Optional medium-parchment interior leather passenger seat upolstry<sp?> was not completly installed. It seems they forgot to tuck-in the streach down strip that is located in the front bottom of the upostry.. In other words, the leather was real loose...

Anybody else have simillar probs?... Anyone,...Anyone, Bueller... Bueller...
Old 1/26/05, 06:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by freyke@January 26, 2005, 5:19 PM

1) Exhaust rattle at 1500RPM on start up (until warmed up) sounded like the exhaust was touching the heat-shield under the car... This would only show up when the ambient air temp was below approx 35 deg F.
It's been pretty chili here in Tampa FL the past few mornings and I did experience this myself. Were they able to fix it? If so, how?
Old 1/26/05, 06:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Hrmmm. I haven't tried the global up/down thing yet, gonna hafta give that a shot now just to verify it does work on mine. My leather seats are fine tho.
Old 1/26/05, 06:55 PM
Bullitt Member

All,

Global Window Up/Down will only work for units equipped w/Active Anti-Theft... Like I stated, mine is equipped with Active Anti-Theft and all appears to work (motion sensor, etc) with the exception of the forementioned.. Car is still in the shop and looks like it will be there overnight... As for the exhaust rattle, service manager claimes (via phone) that this has been corrected along with the upolstry issue..... The real bummer here is they gave me a P.O.S. 2004 Toyota Corrola SE for a loaner... What a slug!.... I keep checking to see if I left the emergency brake on (he-he)...
Old 1/26/05, 06:57 PM
Bullitt Member

There is a section in the owners manual that explains how to reset the windows in the anti theft mode. It might be worth a try and see if it works, Hope it helps you.
Old 1/26/05, 07:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Yep,

That stuff covers the bounce-back and short drop - all that is working as it should be... That was among the first things looked into.. :bang:
Old 1/26/05, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally posted by freyke@January 26, 2005, 10:16 PM
Yep,

That stuff covers the bounce-back and short drop - all that is working as it should be... That was among the first things looked into.. :bang:
Its actually in a different place ... let me check the page really quick.
Old 1/26/05, 07:38 PM
Banned

Page 65, under "opening all windows"
Old 1/26/05, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by freyke@January 26, 2005, 6:19 PM

I've had my new GT since Dec 29 and it is equipped w/the Active Anti-theft System, however the global window up/down function refuses to function from either the key fob or the key directly into the door... The dealer techs thought they had it isolated to a central control module (that was ordered over 10 days ago)... However after installed and re-programmed the problem persists... They're on the line (again) with the factory tech assist people as we speak... They've had the car since 8:30 AM and it is now 5:00PM.. Looks like they put in a long frsutrating day on this... Has anyone else experianced problems of this nature?

Of note a couple of other problem I had that were fixed/addressed today:

2) Optional medium-parchment interior leather passenger seat upolstry<sp?> was not completly installed. It seems they forgot to tuck-in the streach down strip that is located in the front bottom of the upostry.. In other words, the leather was real loose...

Anybody else have simillar probs?... Anyone,...Anyone, Bueller... Bueller...
Old 1/26/05, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

My global up down feature does not work. I thought I was the only one. I fixed the loose piece under the seat myself. The exhaust rattle is annoying and will have to be repaired. Guess it's time to take it in. I knew I should have waited. On a good note, my shaker does not skip.
Old 1/26/05, 08:19 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by ravenblack67@January 26, 2005, 9:11 PM
My global up down feature does not work. I thought I was the only one. I fixed the loose piece under the seat myself. The exhaust rattle is annoying and will have to be repaired. Guess it's time to take it in. I knew I should have waited. On a good note, my shaker does not skip.

My global up/down on windows works fine. the only issue ive had w/ my car is the fill up problem.
Old 1/26/05, 09:40 PM
Bullitt Member

I've had my new GT since Dec 29 and it is equipped w/the Active Anti-theft System, however the global window up/down function refuses to function from either the key fob or the key directly into the door...

The manual notes on page 66 that the accessory delay feature must not be activated in order for the global window feature to operate. Unfortunately, it does not state the default setting, nor does it describe how to alter this feature.
Old 1/27/05, 06:22 AM
V6 Member

The paragraph on the accessory delay means that the global window feature will not work in the time between killing the ignition and opening the door. That is what it means by "activated". There is no way to permanently turn off the accessory delay feature.
Old 1/27/05, 06:55 AM
Bullitt Member

The paragraph on the accessory delay means that the global window feature will not work in the time between killing the ignition and opening the door. That is what it means by "activated". There is no way to permanently turn off the accessory delay feature.
Right-O... There is no setting the delay, that simply gets de-activated when you exit the vehicle w/keys in hand and close the door... At that point one should be able to utilize the global up/down feature...

Ravenblack,

My global up down feature does not work. I thought I was the only one. I fixed the loose piece under the seat myself. The exhaust rattle is annoying and will have to be repaired. Guess it's time to take it in.
Geeze, what was the build date on your car?.. Sorta the same problems... Mine is the 16th of DEC 2004... Sounds like some folks on the assembly line were thinking about the Christmas party instead of building cars...
Old 1/27/05, 07:03 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by "Global" up/down feature? I also have the anti-theft installed. I can rolldown my windows from the keyfob, but of course they don't go back up because that is not an option which is stupid cause if it starts raining you have to run out to the car to roll them up. If the windows are down and I try to reach inside the car, the alarm goes off and the windows roll up. The only issue I am having is the windows often need to be recalibrated. About every 5th time that I roll the window down and go to roll it back up it stops after a few inches. I then need to hold the up button until the window closes. I then reset the windows. Pain in the butt.
Old 1/27/05, 07:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Adrenalin,

I also have the anti-theft installed. I can rolldown my windows from the keyfob, but of course they don't go back up because that is not an option which is stupid cause if it starts raining you have to run out to the car to roll them up.
What you've just described sounds (to me) like a partially operative Global up/down... If you have not armed or simply disarmed the AAS then your windows should roll up as well as down by using either the key fob or the key in the driver's side door lock [hold lock towards front (lock postion) for 2 seconds to roll up, hold lock towards rear (unlock position) to roll down).. I'd check with my service advisor if I were you...
Old 1/27/05, 07:31 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by freyke@January 27, 2005, 8:19 AM
Adrenalin,

I also have the anti-theft installed. I can rolldown my windows from the keyfob, but of course they don't go back up because that is not an option which is stupid cause if it starts raining you have to run out to the car to roll them up.
What you've just described sounds (to me) like a partially operative Global up/down... If you have not armed or simply disarmed the AAS then your windows should roll up as well as down by using either the key fob or the key in the driver's side door lock [hold lock towards front (lock postion) for 2 seconds to roll up, hold lock towards rear (unlock position) to roll down).. I'd check with my service advisor if I were you...
You can only roll the windows down from the keyfob, you have to use the door lock to roll them up.
Old 1/27/05, 08:17 AM
Bullitt Member

holderca1,

I stand corrected, I got the impression from the owners manual that it worked both ways from the fob...

as stated on page 65 of the owner's mannual

[QUOTE]Closing all windows (if equipped)
Note:This operation is only available using the door key in the driver door lock cylinder[QUOTE]
Old 1/27/05, 08:29 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by freyke@January 27, 2005, 9:20 AM
holderca1,

I stand corrected, I got the impression from the owners manual that it worked both ways from the fob...

as stated on page 65 of the owner's mannual

Closing all windows (if equipped)
Note:This operation is only available using the door key in the driver door lock cylinder
I don't understand why they don't make it so you can roll them up with the fob, hold lock for 2 seconds maybe. I would rather have it be able to roll them up from the transmitter than being able to roll them down. As it has been said, if it starts to rain outside, and these storms can sneak up on you here in Florida, it would be nice to be able roll them up without running out to the car.
Old 1/27/05, 01:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by freyke@January 27, 2005, 8:58 AM
Right-O... There is no setting the delay, that simply gets de-activated when you exit the vehicle w/keys in hand and close the door... At that point one should be able to utilize the global up/down feature...

Ravenblack,

My global up down feature does not work. I thought I was the only one. I fixed the loose piece under the seat myself. The exhaust rattle is annoying and will have to be repaired. Guess it's time to take it in.
Geeze, what was the build date on your car?.. Sorta the same problems... Mine is the 16th of DEC 2004... Sounds like some folks on the assembly line were thinking about the Christmas party instead of building cars...

I have the same build date and just today noticed the same thing on the passenger side front seat - loose leather in the very front.

Quick Reply: Global UP/DOWN Power Window Problem and Other Prob