2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Giving Up

Search this Thread

Old 5/20/05, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anything I think we'll see Ford increase GT production and reduce V6 production a bit next year. But I haven't read anything that would indicate that Ford is going to build the Mustang at a second plant or that the Mazda 6 will be moved to a different plant. The production run for this year is probably beyond their typical capacity. I know they reduced Mazda 6 production and are running lots of OT shifts around the clock to try and pace demand.

It is very possible production output drops a bit next year. Ford can't maintain the constant OT shifts they've had thus far.
Old 5/20/05, 12:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I would go buy one off the lot except for the minor fact that I live in Maine and there isnt a single GT in my state. I have checked all over heck and cant find what I ordered...satin silver, all the goodies......Im not going to Florida and paying over MSRP and all that stuff so I am screwed. I understand how the whole thing works and I understand what Ford is dealing with my irritation is with my salesman who has been feeding me poo poo for 3 months now. And many of them have been doing that to others. And while I dont have a problem with a dealer making more than MSRP in theory I think in this case it stinks for one dealer to have tons of GT's on their lot for stock so they can rape...again their choice...but when dealers who supposedly have alocation cant get customer orders pulled why keep sending to dealers with piles on the lot??! Dumb IMO.
Old 5/20/05, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Webba@May 20, 2005, 12:19 PM
Well I would go buy one off the lot except for the minor fact that I live in Maine and there isnt a single GT in my state. I have checked all over heck and cant find what I ordered...satin silver, all the goodies......Im not going to Florida and paying over MSRP and all that stuff so I am screwed. I understand how the whole thing works and I understand what Ford is dealing with my irritation is with my salesman who has been feeding me poo poo for 3 months now. And many of them have been doing that to others. And while I dont have a problem with a dealer making more than MSRP in theory I think in this case it stinks for one dealer to have tons of GT's on their lot for stock so they can rape...again their choice...but when dealers who supposedly have alocation cant get customer orders pulled why keep sending to dealers with piles on the lot??! Dumb IMO.
Old 5/20/05, 12:28 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Stadifer@May 20, 2005, 11:38 AM
This seems like a case of the customer blaming Ford for something the dealer should be getting the heat for. It is a bad situation but it is the dealer that isn't allowing you to order the Pony how you want it not Ford. I'm not trying to flame but there is a distinct difference between the dealer screwing with and Ford screwing with you.

99% of all the "Ford stinks because of..." threads are because the dealer hosed them and not Ford. Ford needs to start paying more attention to the dealers it does business with if anything.
Ok...This is the owner of the dealership I deal with (you know...because my family buys so many vehicles from this place. He has actually given us checks for bringing people in who bought a car).

I talked to him earlier today and he said that he thinks that the order is gonna get bounced next week. I have one question you: HOW THE heck IS THIS HIS FAULT? He has (and has had) allocation. This Mustang has been on order since February. I have the info and have called the ERL myself about it. HE gave me the numbers to call.

In 3 months of searching I haven't found a Sonic Blue GT within an 8 hour driving radius on someones inventory list. I doubt any of those would have the Light Tan interior if they were on the lot. That's why I ordered one. To get it exactly like I want.

I guess *I"M* at fault because I'm being too picky. Tough. I don't settle. I'm not going to settle for something I don't want.

But I still don't see how this is the dealers problem.
Old 5/20/05, 12:32 PM

I think we all understand how you feel... I ordered because I wanted exactly what I wanted. You should never settle because you won't be happy in the long run. That being said, try to be patient. Trust me, it will be so worth it when it comes in!
Old 5/20/05, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I understand you guys want exactly what you ordered. I was just making a suggestion to the person who started the thread. In their case seems to me I'd rather have a different color interior or even exterior and still have a mustang than go out and buy something totally different like a toyota camry that I didn't want just despite my fellings towards ford or my dealership.

For you guys willing to wait and are set on wanting exactly what you want, more power to ya! I hope you get your 05's but looking at some of these orders still not filled it doesn't look real promising.
Old 5/20/05, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@May 20, 2005, 12:31 PM

I talked to him earlier today and he said that he thinks that the order is gonna get bounced next week. I have one question you: HOW THE heck IS THIS HIS FAULT? He has (and has had) allocation. This Mustang has been on order since February. I have the info and have called the ERL myself about it. HE gave me the numbers to call.

I guess *I"M* at fault because I'm being too picky. Tough. I don't settle. I'm not going to settle for something I don't want.

First I wasn't trying to flame you. Second you never said any of that in your original post. Just that you couldn't order a Mustang with your specs. Had you mentioned that your Stang had been on order since February I never would have ranted.

That is too bad that you've had a car on order since February and it isn't going to be built. It does sound like the dealer has either horrible allocation or didn't handle the order properly. In either case I can feel ya for not getting the car when you ordered plenty ahead of time.
Old 5/20/05, 01:50 PM
GT Member

Sorry...I'm so mad today I didn't realize I didn't say that already.
Old 5/20/05, 02:00 PM
FR500 Member

There is something that someone is not telling you. Your dealer may say he has allocation, but has he given you what the breakdown is, and how many are on order ahead of you?

Don't let them to speak to you in generalities, tell them you want hard numbers of how many Mustang GT's he has allocation for per week(even if it's a fraction), how many are on order ahead of you, and that should give you both a very good idea of when your car will be pulled for production. And will give you a good idea if you will make the 05' deadline or not.

Sounds like he didn't do this in Feb, and he just assumed he had allocation to get you in there before the cutoff.

That's how it is the dealers fault. They are very wary of giving that level of detail, but if pressed they will.
Old 5/20/05, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Xader Vartec@May 20, 2005, 12:31 PM
Ok...This is the owner of the dealership I deal with (you know...because my family buys so many vehicles from this place. He has actually given us checks for bringing people in who bought a car).

In 3 months of searching I haven't found a Sonic Blue GT within an 8 hour driving radius on someones inventory list. I doubt any of those would have the Light Tan interior if they were on the lot. That's why I ordered one. To get it exactly like I want.

Thought I would let you know there was a sonic blue Gt on a dealers lot in the Tampa FL area last week.
Old 5/20/05, 02:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What exactly are you wanting to order that they won't let you? You didn't say in your post.
Old 5/20/05, 02:13 PM

Just to spread more sunshine... IF you find a lot lizzard that matches your needs, get ready to pay around $32K for it (assuming loaded GT non-vert). There is a dealer near me with a USED '05 Stang with 15,000mi and they are asking $29,900 (it is not a vert).
Old 5/20/05, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally posted by bryman@May 20, 2005, 9:19 AM
I don't blame you at all. Decent competitors are starting to surface. You can get a new 6-speed 06' Eclipse GT for less than 27k fully loaded with seat/mirror heaters, 650 watt stereo system, sunroof, 18" wheels, leather, and all the goodies. So it's half a second slower to 60 than a Mustang GT and is FWD, but if you can live with that it's pretty nice.
Yeah but it's not a Mustang GT!
Old 5/20/05, 03:01 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by JZInternet@May 20, 2005, 12:52 PM
I understand you guys want exactly what you ordered. I was just making a suggestion to the person who started the thread. In their case seems to me I'd rather have a different color interior or even exterior and still have a mustang than go out and buy something totally different like a toyota camry that I didn't want just despite my fellings towards ford or my dealership.

For you guys willing to wait and are set on wanting exactly what you want, more power to ya! I hope you get your 05's but looking at some of these orders still not filled it doesn't look real promising.

if i remember you correctly, you originally wanted a black convertible? yes?? no settling for me, if i have to wait for an 06' so be it, then its Tungsten and 18" chromed wheels (at a lot cheaper price then aftermarket--
Old 5/20/05, 03:11 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by SixtySix@May 20, 2005, 3:03 PM
There is something that someone is not telling you. Your dealer may say he has allocation, but has he given you what the breakdown is, and how many are on order ahead of you?

Don't let them to speak to you in generalities, tell them you want hard numbers of how many Mustang GT's he has allocation for per week(even if it's a fraction), how many are on order ahead of you, and that should give you both a very good idea of when your car will be pulled for production. And will give you a good idea if you will make the 05' deadline or not.

Sounds like he didn't do this in Feb, and he just assumed he had allocation to get you in there before the cutoff.

That's how it is the dealers fault. They are very wary of giving that level of detail, but if pressed they will.
He's been straight with me. For about the past 4 weeks I have been put as the highest priority in the system. He said about 3 weeks ago that his Fleet Manager already told him that the rest of his Mustang orders would not be filled and they have been bounced from the system. The only two left were my GT and a V6. His fleet manager told him last week that at least one would be pulled. The V6 was pulled (like I didn't see THAT coming).

holderca1, sorry I don't understand your question. I want a Sonic Blue fully upgraded interior (but not the red interior), shaker 500, upgraded wheels and LIGHT TAN interior.
Old 5/20/05, 04:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Stadifer@May 20, 2005, 1:08 PM
If anything I think we'll see Ford increase GT production and reduce V6 production a bit next year. But I haven't read anything that would indicate that Ford is going to build the Mustang at a second plant or that the Mazda 6 will be moved to a different plant. The production run for this year is probably beyond their typical capacity. I know they reduced Mazda 6 production and are running lots of OT shifts around the clock to try and pace demand.

It is very possible production output drops a bit next year. Ford can't maintain the constant OT shifts they've had thus far.
Incorrect. Mazda6 production has NOT been reduced. Mustang production was increased to the point where AAI is at capacity. Here's a quote from an Autoweek article regarding the increased Mustang production:

Ford will not reduce capacity for the Mazda6, also built in Flat Rock, to hit the Mustang target. Flat Rock should build around 75,000 Mazda6 sedans, five-doors and wagons this year.
Here's a link to the article:

http://www.autoweek.com/news.cms?newsId=102001
Old 5/20/05, 06:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

""""""""""""Quote: "The answer to this last question will determine whether you are drunk or not. Was Mickey Mouse a cat or a dog?"

Who hiccup is hiccup Mickey? """"""""""

Well officer sir I would say that he was a Mouse but that's not one of the choices. So I am going on the assumption that he was ate by the cat & that would make him a cat also. B)

:scratch:
Old 5/20/05, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

A couple of posts on this thread are starting to sound like stangnet. Hmmm.

Back on topic. I think I'd hold out for the Mustang. Back in 1970 I ordered a new Fiat 124 Spider. A couple of weeks later the dealer called to say that there had been a strike in the Fiat factory and it would be 6 months before I got my car. I got a refund instead.

This was the first year for the 240Z but every dealer I talked to said it would be 6 months before I got the car.

So I ordered a 1970 SS350 Camaro--my first new car. Wouldn't you know it, there was a strike in the Chevy factory and it was two months before I got my car, in another state. I was in the Marines then. And of course, on the way home I drove by the datsun dealer and saw two 240Z's on the lot.

I loved the Camaro. It worked even after my son was born, but when twins arrived a year later I traded it in for a more "practical" family car. I still miss it.

So if you trust your dealer, just be patient. The wait will be worth it and your Civic will probably keep running for quite a while.
Old 5/20/05, 07:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Honestly, what do you expect with the first truly new Mustang in a loonng time. It's supply and demand, it will calm down, but you just have to wait if you dont want to pay the premium :/
Old 5/21/05, 11:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Draftin'@May 20, 2005, 3:04 PM
if i remember you correctly, you originally wanted a black convertible? yes?? no settling for me, if i have to wait for an 06' so be it, then its Tungsten and 18" chromed wheels (at a lot cheaper price then aftermarket--

Nope.. actually I ordered a coupe exactly the same as my vert. I ended up ordering a coupe but had a tough time choosing. Turned out a vert was a available and for A-plan at that. I had to jump on it.

Quick Reply: Giving Up