2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Funny (sort of) '05 GT Story

Search this Thread

Old 10/26/04, 10:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know everyone will probably flame me, but this is a true story. Any questions, I'll give you the dealer name and let you call them to ask. Anyway, my best friend ordered a Mineral Gray GT (I have a Windveil Blue GT on order) and it came in. He was way excited of course, but he has one small problem. He never gave a deposit and they never made an actual deal. No big deal, he thought, he has bought a lot of vehicles off the dealer and figured they would treat him right...wrong. First, the dealer never called to say it arrived. Next once he got to the dealer, the salesman told him $5000 over sticker!!!

HERE'S WHERE IT GETS GOOD. Once the salesman told him the price, my friend told him he's nuts (in so many words), but the salesman was kind enough to offer to let him drive it. Never one to pass up an opportunity, he said sure. So they took the car down the road. They drove about a mile and all of a sudden the car quits running. It came back on momentarily and ran for a short time, just long enough for him to get the car in a restaurant parking lot! He had to have someone come pick them up. Unbelievable.

Anyway, he did not buy the car. He says he waiting for a vert now.
Old 10/26/04, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dude, I would totally flame the salesman. But at least they let him have a test run, from what I heard a lot of dealers aren't even doing that. And at least he figured it out before he signed on the dotted line. My only question is will he be ordering a Mineral Grey Vert or will he choose a different color?

Just curious cuz I know several people here are changing their minds once they see the color in person. Not me though. I LOVER the color. Tell you friend better luck with the convertible.
Old 10/27/04, 01:17 AM
GT Member

They wouldn't let me drive mine before I said I would buy it....

I suppose I didn't have to sign the finance papers after I came back from the test drive...but hey...Me likey!
Old 10/27/04, 02:28 AM
Cobra R Member

was it a standard? some other guy bought a new standard one (posted here some where),and he had to have it flatbedded back to dealer after car refused to start...
Old 10/27/04, 03:59 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by kerafaith@October 26, 2004, 11:12 PM
Dude, I would totally flame the salesman. But at least they let him have a test run, from what I heard a lot of dealers aren't even doing that. And at least he figured it out before he signed on the dotted line. My only question is will he be ordering a Mineral Grey Vert or will he choose a different color?

Just curious cuz I know several people here are changing their minds once they see the color in person. Not me though. I LOVER the color. Tell you friend better luck with the convertible.
Hey There Clarksvillian,

I bought my Mineral Grey V-6 last saturday in Huntsville, Ala. I got way too impatient for Jenkins and Wynne. I did have to give up the IUP, but I'm teling you I LOVE the MINERAL GREY! The car has plenty of giddieup for my needs, although I did drive the GT (Silver) just to feel and hear the difference. There IS a difference of course, but I have a teenage daughter that doesn't need to have that many ponies at her disposal.

I have not seen the WB V-6 that J & W got in and sold on the streets anywhere, but it's a big city. What I can tell you is get prepared for major rubber necking. Everyone you see gives the car a huge double-take. Teens driving everything imaginable swerve in and out of traffic trying get get close to see it better. I had a man stop me yesterday at a light and ask me the "what kind of sweet ride" I was driving. After I told him it was an 05' stang, he replied "hoooweee!".

I'm sure in a few months Clarksville will have several 05's to admire, but for now, it's fun to see everyone stop in their tracks. You are going to LOVE THIS COLOR!

Jim
Old 10/27/04, 07:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I remember driving by a dealer one time and I saw a car waiting to turn into the dealer parking lot. All of a sudden the salesman comes out of the car being test driven and the car bursts into flames. Right in front of the dealership! Fire truck came and everything.

Fortunately everyone got out before the flames got to big.

I will never forget that. I guess they opted to not buy that car.
Old 10/27/04, 12:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Ponyman@October 27, 2004, 4:02 AM

I bought my Mineral Grey V-6 last saturday in Huntsville, Ala.
Hey Ponyman, I drove your car!! I put the first 10-12 miles on it.
Old 10/27/04, 06:52 PM

Originally posted by tom_vilsack@October 27, 2004, 2:31 AM
was it a standard? some other guy bought a new standard one (posted here some where),and he had to have it flatbedded back to dealer after car refused to start...
Yes it was a standard.
Old 10/27/04, 07:33 PM
Bullitt Member

thats awful that they wont let you test drive the car, how can you buy it if you dont know how it runs or feels
Old 10/27/04, 07:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Kluski@October 27, 2004, 7:26 AM
I remember driving by a dealer one time and I saw a car waiting to turn into the dealer parking lot. All of a sudden the salesman comes out of the car being test driven and the car bursts into flames. Right in front of the dealership! Fire truck came and everything.

Fortunately everyone got out before the flames got to big.

I will never forget that. I guess they opted to not buy that car.
man thats funny
Old 10/27/04, 09:00 PM
FR500 Member

i got to drive it............its absolutely amazing wow omg omg im shocked.......another shocker from that car. at the pony drive the interior blew me away. this time it was the mycolor SOO FUN and the drive was a moment i wont forget.......my 1st wow.........soo loud omg i dont know what to say
Old 10/28/04, 03:12 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by stock01gt+October 27, 2004, 12:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (stock01gt @ October 27, 2004, 12:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ponyman@October 27, 2004, 4:02 AM

I bought my Mineral Grey V-6 last saturday in Huntsville, Ala.
Hey Ponyman, I drove your car!! I put the first 10-12 miles on it. [/b][/quote]
Hey Rick,

Good to hear from you. Glad to know the first few miles were put on by an enthusiast. In Clarksville, I've only seen one (WB).

I was amazed that Anderson had so many to choose from. I really liked the Silver GT, but a bit more than I could finance and keep the wife from changing the door keys on me.

Jim