2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford Remote Starter Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/05, 09:35 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a ford remote starter installed on my 06 1 week after I got it and unfortunately for me the place I bought my car from uses an external contractor for the install. On top of that it was the first time the guy who did my install installed a ford remote starter on a 05/06 mustang .

Overall I'm pretty happy he did a decent job I guess except there are a few things I'm not to sure about and he didn’t really seem to have the answers, so I thought I would ask you guys/gals who probably would know more, so here goes:

1. When I hit the unlock button the first time now it unlocks both doors at the same time and if I hit it a second time it chirps, can it be set to unlock the drivers door on the 1st press and passenger door on the 2nd and then chirp?

2. My auto dimming feature no longer works the interior light just come on right away and then stays on for 1 minute and shuts off is this normal with a remote starter?

3. The chirp when you lock or unlock or even hold the button to start the car is very low you can’t even hear it from inside the house, is this normal?

4. I got him to add a relay so I can turn on the rear defroster from the remote, which works but there is also on option to turn on the headlights, he said on the 05/06 it’s not possible is this true?

If I use my normal fob everything still works like it use to, chirp, auto dimming, so now I’m still carrying 2 fobs which sucks.

Anybody have/seen these issues or noticed others that I have not?

Also does anyone have the installation/wiring instructions for the remote start as well as the programming instruction sheet? I would like to see what other features are available to turn on or off and test them out, I would also like to know how it is wired because I have the engine start button from 50resto.com that I’m ready to install and want to make sure I don’t mess up the remote start since I want to also install a kill switch.

Any input would be great
Old 12/3/05, 04:53 PM
GT Member

How much did you pay for this?
Old 12/3/05, 05:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
4-500 is my guess.

Find out from the dealer who the installer is. Then go talk to them. Some things can be programmed.
my g/f had issues with the remote starter on her 05 Focus.
Old 12/3/05, 11:23 PM
V6 Member

See responses inline

Originally posted by AussieMustangGT@December 2, 2005, 10:38 PM
I got a ford remote starter installed on my 06 1 week after I got it and unfortunately for me the place I bought my car from uses an external contractor for the install. On top of that it was the first time the guy who did my install installed a ford remote starter on a 05/06 mustang .

Same story for me, but the guy said he has done some '05's.

Overall I'm pretty happy he did a decent job I guess except there are a few things I'm not to sure about and he didn’t really seem to have the answers, so I thought I would ask you guys/gals who probably would know more, so here goes:

1. When I hit the unlock button the first time now it unlocks both doors at the same time and if I hit it a second time it chirps, can it be set to unlock the drivers door on the 1st press and passenger door on the 2nd and then chirp?

I don't know on that one. My system is Remote Start with Anti Theft. (Ford Gold)

2. My auto dimming feature no longer works the interior light just come on right away and then stays on for 1 minute and shuts off is this normal with a remote starter?

Same for me. He's also trying to figure out why the inside lights don't come on sometimes when I use the remote to unlock. He's supposed to be finding out from Code Alarm.

3. The chirp when you lock or unlock or even hold the button to start the car is very low you can’t even hear it from inside the house, is this normal?

My chirp volume is low too.

4. I got him to add a relay so I can turn on the rear defroster from the remote, which works but there is also on option to turn on the headlights, he said on the 05/06 it’s not possible is this true?

My installer tells me it is not possible to activate the headlights with the remote. Only the trunk release or rear defroster.

If I use my normal fob everything still works like it use to, chirp, auto dimming, so now I’m still carrying 2 fobs which sucks.

Anybody have/seen these issues or noticed others that I have not?

Also does anyone have the installation/wiring instructions for the remote start as well as the programming instruction sheet? I would like to see what other features are available to turn on or off and test them out, I would also like to know how it is wired because I have the engine start button from 50resto.com that I’m ready to install and want to make sure I don’t mess up the remote start since I want to also install a kill switch.

Any input would be great
Old 12/15/05, 03:58 PM
Cobra R Member

Here is a notepad of wiring etc for various cars, mustang 05-06 fairly far down on the list. I had to save it as text to attach it hear. the pdf. is too large. If you would like the real pdf with pictures etc. just let me know and I can email it too you. hope it helps.
i got an aftermarket viper remote start. sounds pretty much similar. I had the guy change the default settings to my liking so far. I changed warm up time to 24 min instead of 12. I changed the parking lights to stay on once started instead of flashing. There are a lot of options on these things usually to do other things. good luck
Old 12/16/05, 08:25 AM
V6 Member

Dan, thanks for the info can you send me the PDF version please? MustangGT@insightbb.com. Thanks