2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Innovation Drive - Cleveland 8/14

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/04, 06:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went to the Ford Innovation Drive in Cleveland today and I finally got to sit in the car. This thing is very comfortable. The front seats slid back almost to the rear seats. It gives a tall person plenty of leg room up front. Of coarse some people said "look there's no room to sit in the back seats". They didn't realize you had a lot more set travel and all they had to do is move the seat up. My 15 year old sat in back and said it was just fine.

The Shaker 1000 thumps big time! I'm not sure if I need that much bass. The Shaker 500 would probably be just right.

I found a neat detail in the head lights, they have louvers on the grill side of the head lights. Kind of like the 65/66's.
Old 8/14/04, 06:13 PM
Cobra Member

Whoa, I've never noticed that, either. :scratch:

I can't wait to sit in this thing!
Old 8/14/04, 06:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Gills on the shark nose!!! Saaawwweeettt!!
Old 8/14/04, 06:24 PM
Bullitt Member

I was checking out the lights and someone turned them on. I didn't see it until then. We make a lot of lighting at our plant but we don't make any for the Mustang.
Old 8/14/04, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sure it's just the lighting but the gills look 2-tone. Might try to do some versions with the gills body colored.

Really nice shot, wish the hood was down.
Old 8/14/04, 07:13 PM
GT Member

I saw the 05 V6 today at a Mustang show in Utah. I will just add a couple observations I made. I am 6'5" and have worried like crazy if I would even fit in this car I have ordered. I moved the seat all the way back and put it at it's lowest setting and the seating space still seemed small but when I sat in the car and closed the door....wow I fit great. Tall people usually have a hard time using a clutch in smaller cars because our knees hit the underside of the steering wheel and the door panel. The car today was an auto but I acted like it had a clutch and my knee didn't hit anything. Actually I had a lot of room all around my legs. Also my head wasn't scrapping the roof and I was looking out the windshield at about 2/3 of the way to the top. When the seat was all the way back it was within 1.5 inches of hitting the rear seat so tall people won't be able to have adult passengers back there I guess. I have a few different pictures but nowhere to host them.
Old 8/14/04, 07:24 PM
Bullitt Member

chazcron your right. The flash actually makes it show up more than you can see with the naked eye. The black bezel around the bulb area has those gill slots in it. The black plastic of the lights outside body is what you see through the holes. They are made of two different types of plastic and reflect differently in the flash picture. That would be cool body colored, great idea.
Old 8/14/04, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

legendlimetime if you can get your pictures down to under 200k, you can just add them as a file attachment. They appear at the bottom of your reply when you do that. Or you can sign up at http://www.ezarchive.com and post the pictures there. It's free for a 25 meg account. Glad to hear you can fit. Did you have to move the tilt wheel to make your knees clear or was it OK in any position?
Old 8/14/04, 07:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thinking back from the 04' Chicago Auto Show, the gills are the same color (silvery, I recall). Just the shadows of the night playing tricks in the photo above. Don't be scared now, just turn on the lights...
Old 8/14/04, 07:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Neat photo, by the way -- it's the first I've seen online.
Old 8/14/04, 08:32 PM
Cobra Member

You can see the gills here, too...

Old 8/14/04, 09:03 PM
GT Member

Hey Sharp, I guess the people that were in the car before me had left the wheel tilt mechanism unlocked so when I got in the wheel was at it's highest level. I got right in though...no contortions or even lowering myself in while holding on to the roofline like I usually have to do with sports cars. I lowered the wheel to what I thought was a good feel and locked it there. When I got out of the car I didn't have to raise the wheel again so it must not limit entry and exit like some cars do. The car had leather and the IUP and I must say that it was very comfortable. I thought the seat was supportive but did lack a little bit in lateral support for the upper body. I guess if you just stay in the gas real hard all the time the car will keep you pushed into the seat.
Old 8/15/04, 09:26 PM
Cobra Member

SHARP, good seeing you and your family at the Ford Innovation Drive!

I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning! I can't wait to get my new Mustang GT!!
Even though we didn't get to drive it, I am very impressed with it!
I was in love with it at the Auto Show a couple of months ago, and love it even more after sitting in it and looking the car over.
I just hope the car performs well, in the next month or so, for MT and C&D. I really need this car to break 14 in the Quarter Mile! 300HP, it better!!
Overall, it was a fun day! Not only did we enjoy the Stang GT & Ford GT, but we really liked the new Ford 500 as well. Its a classy car!
I expect Ford will sell a ton of those cars, and a ton of Freestyles as well.