2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Ford Didn't lay it out for us

Search this Thread

Old 11/14/04, 08:59 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sooo Yesterday I drug the male members of the family off to the auto show.(Hubby says, why do you make me spend EVERY saturday looking at these $#$# cars?) And I am excited to go!
We go in the doors, and I immediately look for the Ford Sign. They have the supercool vert concept, the gtr and a Gt on display. Cool.

For the 05s: They had the ugliest legend lime GT I have ever laid eyes on- It had the brown interior and ICAP. Which didn't exactly go with the parts that were black like the steering wheel. Yeech, if I had to drive the olds or drive that one, I would keep the olds.
Then they had a stripped down silver v6, no IUP, No Spoiler, No stripes.
Granted people were like ten deep drooling over it. (Brad has pics at the show site up top) SUPER base model.
But For the Presentation some of the other automakers put on, it had me disappointed. If this were the first time I had seen one, I would not have liked it.

Ford had no literature about it,Unlike the other makes, they had no one giving shows about its virtue.(I fell in lust with a scion TC, Hemi Cherokee, Goat and Cobalt).

Just a Heres the mustang, hope you like it. The ugly station wagon freakstyle had more marketing going on! They had goodie bags full of stuff about it.

I guess Ford thinks this is a hot car, we don't need to push it. Still, It would have been nice to have someone singing its virtues through a mike, Brochures making you lust after it....... Scion had DVDS, THICK books, CDS, People all over answering everything about it.

Ford- Heres our cars, hope you like em.

Down in the bottom though- the classics on display were super droolworthy. I finally saw a california special on display, and lime gold in person, and Holy Momma, they were all spectacular.
Old 11/14/04, 09:41 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
That Boss 302 is Medium Lime Metallic, a little darker than Lime Gold.

My biggest gripe was that they had the classic Mustang display at 2005 Mustangs on complete opposite ends of the show. We could not have been further apart!

1967 Lime Gold:

Medium Lime Metallic:
Old 11/14/04, 09:43 AM
FR500 Member

i think ford sometimes is just careless........while scion(toyota) wants to sell their cars and doin a good job of it. they sold over 100,000 units in 2004 and were almost out of cars to sell by the end of the year. even i think ford should take some of the marketing examples from some of the other companies and i think we'll see more attention going to ford. like the cornfield commercial with steve mcqueen. not every average joe knows who that is. they'd watch the commercial and be like what the ____
Old 11/14/04, 09:55 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

IMO The classic mustang display was well laid out. The mustangs they had on display were beauuuuuutyful.(Doesn't the owner wanna sell the Cali. Special? ) I don't know why they stuck them on the bottom level though- You had to walk a mile to get down there.And right in the middle of the evil little children game area. They should have stuck Ford where Audi Porsche and Jaguar were, and had a whole big thing for the Mustangs. Good Job with em Brad. Were the Diecasts yours?

Ford was over in a corner between Honda and (eech) Kia. Jeep Chrysler and Toyota/scion had HUGE areas. I don't understand!! Ford has one of the best things going for 05, and they messed it up for the auto show big time!

Even with the Ford stuff, and I brought it all home, they had mini books for every blasted Ford Product but the GT and Mustang. The two mustangs were Gilbert and Baker Ford from Albertville's sellables. They Could have used a Ford Dealer like Town and Country who ALWAYS has 05s in, and a better more droolworthy selection. That LL Gt they had I am not being mean when I say you would have to want one BADLY to bring it home. The tan Brown and Black looked like
Most of the other dealers, you could check out the sound system, trunk space etc. Nope not Ford..... Maybe they don't feel they have to push their products.

I love the mustang A LOT!! But I think overall Ford has frigged up their rollout bigtime!! in more ways than just the auto show.
Old 11/14/04, 02:57 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is that Boss 302 the same color as the "Lime Gold" color that's coming out in 06?

I hope not, it doesn't look so good........
Old 11/14/04, 03:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by EleanorsMine@November 14, 2004, 10:02 AM
Sooo Yesterday I drug the male members of the family off to the auto show.(Hubby says, why do you make me spend EVERY saturday looking at these $#$# cars?) And I am excited to go!
We go in the doors, and I immediately look for the Ford Sign. They have the supercool vert concept, the gtr and a Gt on display. Cool.

For the 05s: They had the ugliest legend lime GT I have ever laid eyes on- It had the brown interior and ICAP. Which didn't exactly go with the parts that were black like the steering wheel. Yeech, if I had to drive the olds or drive that one, I would keep the olds.
Then they had a stripped down silver v6, no IUP, No Spoiler, No stripes.
Granted people were like ten deep drooling over it. (Brad has pics at the show site up top) SUPER base model.
But For the Presentation some of the other automakers put on, it had me disappointed. If this were the first time I had seen one, I would not have liked it.

Ford had no literature about it,Unlike the other makes, they had no one giving shows about its virtue.(I fell in lust with a scion TC, Hemi Cherokee, Goat and Cobalt).

Just a Heres the mustang, hope you like it. The ugly station wagon freakstyle had more marketing going on! They had goodie bags full of stuff about it.

I guess Ford thinks this is a hot car, we don't need to push it. Still, It would have been nice to have someone singing its virtues through a mike, Brochures making you lust after it....... Scion had DVDS, THICK books, CDS, People all over answering everything about it.

Ford- Heres our cars, hope you like em.

Down in the bottom though- the classics on display were super droolworthy. I finally saw a california special on display, and lime gold in person, and Holy Momma, they were all spectacular.
AMEN April, It couldn't have been said or described better. I went last Friday night, all excited, couldn't wait to get there.

What a let down. I don't think I could have been any more disappointed. It was like it was a total last minute after thought. The sickest GT and V6 they could have ever chosen to put in a car show. I couldn't find any literature on the Mustang and who ever those folks were standing around "supposedly representing Ford" didn't even speak to any one that I saw. Ford's marketing team needs to be fired.

To make matters even worse, I go to my mail box on Saturday afternoon and to my surprise I get a copy of the "myFord" magazine". The first page tells me since I'm a loyal member of the Ford owner family I can get a $500.00 Ford MasterCard Gift Card to use anywhere if I buy a Ford vehicle between now and December 31, 2004. Fantastic, I was pumped, since I have a 05 GT that I've been waiting on since May (suppose to be delivered 11/20/04 - we'll see, I'm not holding my breath). After reading the offer 3 times, I finally see the "fine print" - not vaild on purchases of the Ford GT, Mustang or Escape Hybrid...

Way to go Ford Marketing. In my opinion, you SU_K !!! What a way to treat a loyal customer (I've purchased a total of 10 brand new Ford products in recent years. I'm inclined to write Bill Ford a certified letter and giving him my opinion.
Old 11/14/04, 06:25 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ford is starting to make me unsettled with their total lack of caring, lackluster marketing, and this Fiasco that has become the 2005 launch. Nothing I can do about it though, soooo I guess I have to stick it up.

But seriously, the poor soul who purchases the cars they had at the auto show, has to be blind to be able to drive it without being sick to themselves.