2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

FOMOCO

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/05, 02:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wait, it's well worth the wait, TURST me . Yeah is is at some liability to blame, but that's what happens with a lot of other products too. Remember Furby, Tickle-me-Elmo, etc. Supply and demand, it happens part of business.

Matt
Old 4/14/05, 02:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@April 14, 2005, 2:31 PM
I believe that the people who are completely informed via this site, and who are also yelling the loudest regarding an ORDERED car are just out of their minds. You can see by reading detailed posts by members that when SPECIAL ordering your car, you leave yourself exposed for the random draw by which they build these cars.

There are several things we need to keep in mind while losing our minds over availability here.

1) This is a brand new car in a BRAND NEW PLANT. This is first year production of this car at AAI, and while we'd all like to think that production was 100% job 1, we need to face facts that it wasn't.

2) We've all heard about the transportation issues, rail cars, docks etc. There's a certain amount of stuff that is out of Fords, dealers, and our control.

3) If GM does decide to make a next gen Camaro (which I personally doubt considering their current position) they probably won't have the issues because the popularity of that car doesn't come anywhere near the popularity of this one.

There are production units out there. It takes some doing, but you can find a car. Be flexible, use the system and most of all, be determined. If you ordered a car and have decided you must have the exact one you ordered, patience is the word of the day.
1. You are wrong period, it was new in 64, they outproduced demand, try again.

2. Wrong, not out of Fords control, try again.

3. Really Really wrong, the camaro Z-28 was one of the most popular american muscle cars of all time, with production numbers surpassing the mustang.

You sir are wrong !!!!...Sorry.... :notnice:
Old 4/14/05, 02:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jwede@April 14, 2005, 2:34 PM
Anyone know where Grantsdale is? Man, I figured he would be all over this.

I'll have had a 5 month wait by the time my car is delivered. Upset? I was...extremely. I got serialized and I have to admit that it made me feel better. I too complained relentlessly on this board (kind of embarrassed about it too) and do you know how much it helped? Nada, just made me depressed.

If Ford could build more cars, they would. I highly doubt, as a prior post put it, Ford is happy people have to wait until 06. You make it sound as if ford is purposely not building your car. They are bound to the dealer's union agreement to provide cars to the dealers that sell them - i.e. the allocation system. My order was delayed for this very reason. I female doged, I moaned all over this board but in hind sight I should have asked more questions to the dealer. My dealer came through and got my car by giving up their only vert allocation. I'm extremely luck, and I ordered in Nov.

It isn't Fords fault, it’s not your dealers fault. It’s not about fault, but more about blame. Who can you blame? No one. Good things come to those who wait. This isn't new, it has been going on for over 5 moths that I know of.
Grantsdale, Grantsdale, Grantsdale, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, thats what I think about that, he and Altoid are probably cruising in their 05's as we speek.

LOL... :nono:
Old 4/14/05, 02:51 PM

I look at it like Harley Davidson for years. They had a waiting list and the bikes are more valuable in part due to the demand being more than the supply. WHEN I ever get my GT I hope Ford still has more demand than supply. More $$ for used Mustangs.
Old 4/14/05, 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

This I can assure you ...if Ford could wave a magic wand and make everyones order done tmorrow they would. Did you see their quarterly report?? With the money they could make by doing the elf magic thing their financial worries would be over...for this quarter. They also know that what is hot today is not tomorrow. Yes they may have made a few mistakes but who hasnt?? There are only so many hours in a day. Only so much sheet metal. Only so much plastic. Blah, blah, blah. There is so much more in this car than the 64 that arguement is meaningless to me. They dont have the manpower they used to. They cant just go out and hire 1000 people off the shelf to make this car. Think of the problems people have had with them already..stereo, fuel tank, etc. They have to stop, fix those errors with suppliers...weeks more of meetings and solutions, decide who takes the hit on the bad stuff. There is so much involved with making this car none of us could do better. If you think you can Ill send you my address and my MSRP check and have my car in my driveway tomorrow.....wash the darn thing too
Old 4/14/05, 02:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by mmoonshot+April 14, 2005, 2:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mmoonshot @ April 14, 2005, 2:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-97svtgoin05gt@April 14, 2005, 2:31 PM
I believe that the people who are completely informed via this site, and who are also yelling the loudest regarding an ORDERED car are just out of their minds. You can see by reading detailed posts by members that when SPECIAL ordering your car, you leave yourself exposed for the random draw by which they build these cars.

There are several things we need to keep in mind while losing our minds over availability here.

1) This is a brand new car in a BRAND NEW PLANT. This is first year production of this car at AAI, and while we'd all like to think that production was 100% job 1, we need to face facts that it wasn't.

2) We've all heard about the transportation issues, rail cars, docks etc. There's a certain amount of stuff that is out of Fords, dealers, and our control.

3) If GM does decide to make a next gen Camaro (which I personally doubt considering their current position) they probably won't have the issues because the popularity of that car doesn't come anywhere near the popularity of this one.

There are production units out there. It takes some doing, but you can find a car. Be flexible, use the system and most of all, be determined. If you ordered a car and have decided you must have the exact one you ordered, patience is the word of the day.

3. Really Really wrong, the camaro Z-28 was one of the most popular american muscle cars of all time, with production numbers surpassing the mustang.

[/b][/quote]

Stop whining. I disagree completely. What were the production numbers on the precious Camaro the day the stopped making them? Pretty sad. They couldn't sell them with $4,000 incentives. You really have no clue what it takes to produce a completely new vehicle in a completely new plant WITH the demand Ford is experiencing.
Old 4/14/05, 03:01 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by mmoonshot@April 14, 2005, 2:46 PM

My replies:

1.The '64 based on a existing platform that shared many parts with other cars. It was easy to shutdown a Falcon line and convert it the Mustang. The '05 is on a unique platform and alot has to be done to ramp up production. You try again.

2. How exactly does Ford control how a railroad allocates rail cars? The railroad has many customers wanting those cars. Do you think they're going to drop them just because Ford wants more railcars? Get a grip...

3. Show me the source of those numbers to back it up.
Old 4/14/05, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by DeWalt17@April 14, 2005, 2:54 PM
I look at it like Harley Davidson for years. They had a waiting list and the bikes are more valuable in part due to the demand being more than the supply. WHEN I ever get my GT I hope Ford still has more demand than supply. More $$ for used Mustangs.

I don't know if you have noticed latley, but Harleys Davidson is dropping the price on their scooters. Do in part to increased competition by their competitors and because they have met the demand. You can find used Harley's every where now and you have no problem getting them for MSRP or less these days.

Oscar
Old 4/14/05, 03:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

What they need in their specific situation with the new car and plant is have orders in a first come first served manner. Having people who ordered a month ago serialized VS. someone who ordered 3+ months ago and still being C/U is a bad system.
But I am patient and will be truly mad if I found out I wouldn't be built, this has yet to happen yet so im sort of neutral at the moment.
Old 4/14/05, 03:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

When I ordered, I knew I was violating one of my long-standing rules of not ordering a first year model. This was due to concern for excessive problems, recalls, etc. While it is still early, it appears that while there have been problems, IMO probably alot fewer than what might have been expected with a first year car. I think the car companies, like the airlnes, are facing some tough decisions about their future and are hoping the 'good old days" will return, Does anyone really think GM should not eliminate more of their models, same for the Mercury. In this day of communications, I would have liked to see alot better - especially for those like the member who ordered in January and still does not know when or IF he will get his car made, You can't put all the communication issues on the dealers - some do their best based on what they are told - some don't. From what I have read on TMS, the papers, mags, etc, the bottom line is that I don't think this backorder situation is considered a major issue by Ford.
Old 4/14/05, 03:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just a thought for the 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 thread about how much Ford stinks for making such a great car and not being able to meet demand:

Old 4/14/05, 03:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

I bet the Camaro waiting list is longer than the Mustang..try signing up on that one and let us know when you get it
Old 4/14/05, 03:30 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Webba@April 14, 2005, 3:22 PM
I bet the Camaro waiting list is longer than the Mustang..try signing up on that one and let us know when you get it
or the "waiting list" for the GTO or the SSR!
Old 4/14/05, 03:41 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Shall we go through supply/demand yet again?
This is a broken record that some people really FAIL to understand.

People think 'make more' they can just magically pop out as many stangs as they can. Well newsflash, ford also depends on suppliers to pump out parts for those cars. There is a finite number to how many can be produced in 'x' number of days in a year because of that.

People want to BUY those cars, and the demand for this car has gone up INCREDIBLY. (more demand = less supply)

Either, buy one off the lot, pay some markup because a dealer can prey on your eagerness to own one, or wait.

I do feel sorry for the people who have put up with crappy dealership BS though....

When it comes to allocation, it may suck, bu I'm sorry..but if you feel ripped, there is NOTHING in the world stopping you from shopping at ANY number of dealerships that do have allocation.

but when it comes to waiting....

Everyone wants everything now, and no one seems to have any patience anymore...I really wish we had a violin smiley...I'd be using it 10 times a day.
Old 4/14/05, 03:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Use it and abuse it.
Old 4/14/05, 03:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Was it GM that ceased development on new rear wheel drive platforms or am I lost again?
Old 4/14/05, 03:57 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

yeah it was them, so it's hard to imagine anything good anythime soon.
Old 4/14/05, 04:48 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Don't count it out yet.
There was recent news in the last couple days, talk of a rumoured ZETA-LITE chassis under development for 'RWD Performance cars' (could be just vapourware right now...it may not even exist)

Please GM just don't mess it up....save the money from those god awful 'mini GM silver badges' you are putting on EVERY stinking car in your arsenal!

(hrm, kinda like how ford was going to use DEW and went to DEW-Lite, but then changed it again)
Old 4/14/05, 05:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by TheMustangSource@April 14, 2005, 12:41 PM
Ford started taking orders for this car 11 months ago, so while I can appreciate enthusiasm for the car, it's hard for me to have sympathy for those who don't want to wait 6-12 weeks for a car after placing an order this late in the run. I do feel bad for those that ordered IUP and other options of which Ford underestimated the popularity. I don't think there will be anything in 2005 you can't get in 2006, so I'd just ask that you be patient. Hau Thai-Tang's order hasn't been scheduled yet, so please be understanding.
I understand that specialty car enthusiasts are used to having to wait for the car they want, but those of us in the mainstream are not accustomed to having to wait 6 months for a car. That many of the dealers are doing a poor job of communicating the potential for an extended wait when taking orders hasn't helped. If I had been told I'd have to wait 3-6 months when I went in to order my car, I wouldn't have done it. I understand the production problems involved and the high demand, and I know others are having a much worse time than I did, but that really doesn't change the fact that getting my 05 Mustang has been the worst car buying experience I have ever had. I drove out of the dealership in a sweet new car but with a frown on my face.

I love the car, am happy to have it, just wish the experience buying it could have been better. I think that's a fair statement to make, and I don't think it's whining.
Old 4/14/05, 06:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Your dealer knows how many cars they get per month.
Your dealer knows how many people ordered a car before you.
Your dealer knows about when your car will arrive.
Your dealer doen't want you to go somewhere else.
Your dealer is probably your problem, not Ford.

Can we please put a lock on it and have a sticky for ranting ?

Quick Reply: FOMOCO