2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

FOMOCO

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/05, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A great car, a lousy ordering experience...I have never been so anxious to spend this much of my hard earned dough, and feel as though ford is doing me some kind of favor by building me a car, they need to get their act together, Chevy will not be left out of this for long...Yes I said it,,, CHEVY aka CAMARO..
Old 4/14/05, 01:28 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
What's your complaint? A bad dealership experience or you just don't want to wait for your car?
Old 4/14/05, 01:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mmoonshot@April 14, 2005, 1:28 PM
A great car, a lousy ordering experience...I have never been so anxious to spend this much of my hard earned dough, and feel as though ford is doing me some kind of favor by building me a car, they need to get their act together, Chevy will not be left out of this for long...Yes I said it,,, CHEVY aka CAMARO..
I agree 100%.
Old 4/14/05, 01:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I agree with you, been waiting nearly 12 weeks, still C/U. You'll probably get a lot of feedback disagreeing with you, as there are a lot of folks here that think that Ford is doing everything they can or that they didn't make any mistakes on their estimates.

My beef is with their allocation of GTs, their allocation process to the dealers (not filling retail orders before dealer stock), keeping the dealers and customers in the dark about when to expect their car, and some of Ford's "fixes", like disabling the global open close feature of the active anti-theft package instead of fixing it. :notnice:

Anyway, with all these months of no car payment, maybe I'll get myself a new set of golf clubs
Old 4/14/05, 01:38 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Ford started taking orders for this car 11 months ago, so while I can appreciate enthusiasm for the car, it's hard for me to have sympathy for those who don't want to wait 6-12 weeks for a car after placing an order this late in the run. I do feel bad for those that ordered IUP and other options of which Ford underestimated the popularity. I don't think there will be anything in 2005 you can't get in 2006, so I'd just ask that you be patient. Hau Thai-Tang's order hasn't been scheduled yet, so please be understanding.
Old 4/14/05, 01:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Admit it people, we are just upset because we cant have our cars now right this second when we want it. I am upset too but more so because the car is so darn hot. If it was just your run of the mill taurus, or a pick up we ordered for work we wouldnt care. Yes they have made some mistakes like not anticipating demand, but hey who here has a crystal ball??! If they made a poo load and didnt sell theyd be out of business. So if we want to be mad lets be mad at Ford for making a fantastic car. Thast what it boils down too. We have this "Burger King" mentality in this country of having it your way and it aint happening this time. So lets all take a deep breath, get out and enjoy the coming summer, and then if we arent the lucky ones who get their car in 05 we can go out and hunt down our salesmen and kill em
Old 4/14/05, 01:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

listen, when the stang came out in 64 they had the same mentality then, there was a rush for the car, Ford kept up with the demand , = customer satisfaction = return customers, Chevy countered the mustang with the camaro then two and a half years later, Chevy will follow suit this time as well, I love the new mustang, I just feel that Ford is out of touch with the customers who want this car, its not about dealers, its not about allocation, its about customers, you and me and all of the others willing to drop the dough and order a car that we identify with. Ford has failed us this year, I am sick of the waiting, the run around, the poor logistics, the poor allocation process, yet I continue to wait to shovel over my money, and so do you all, we should get together, all of us and petition Ford.

Just an idea, what do you all think.
Old 4/14/05, 01:55 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by mmoonshot@April 14, 2005, 1:52 PM
listen, when the stang came out in 64 they had the same mentality then, there was a rush for the car, Ford kept up with the demand , = customer satisfaction = return customers, Chevy countered the mustang with the camaro then two and a half years later, Chevy will follow suit this time as well, I love the new mustang, I just feel that Ford is out of touch with the customers who want this car, its not about dealers, its not about allocation, its about customers, you and me and all of the others willing to drop the dough and order a car that we identify with. Ford has failed us this year, I am sick of the waiting, the run around, the poor logistics, the poor allocation process, yet I continue to wait to shovel over my money, and so do you all, we should get together, all of us and petition Ford.

Just an idea, what do you all think.
You are going to get a lot of negative reaction. This has been discussed ad nauseum. On one hand, you have people that are tired of waiting for their cars, and on the other hand you have people that seem to have some undying (and incomprehensible to me) loyalty to Ford that makes them defend the company to the death. Notably, most of those people that defend Ford have their '05 already, at least if they have ordered one.
Old 4/14/05, 01:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by TheMustangSource@April 14, 2005, 1:31 PM
What's your complaint? A bad dealership experience or you just don't want to wait for your car?
Brad,

I have been waiting just to hear that my car is serialized since 1/31/05, many many others have had build dates or have already received the orders placed because of the Ford ordering data base, it is truely un beleivable so many people like myself have been totally ignored..

I have no beef with the Dealership, I love the new mustang, and will continue to wait, but I am personally sick of Fords ordering process, its just messed up.

I think we should let someone at ford know we are fed up..as I know I am not the only CUSTOMER that feels left out.

Just ranting on and on I know , I am done..
Old 4/14/05, 01:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

:angry: I am upset that I don't have my car now. But in no way did I expect it right away. I was visiting this site (even before my join date as a lurker) long before placing my order, and knew when the dealer told me 6-8 weeks, that wasn't happening.

I do however, think its ridiculous that I'll be lucky to get my car 4 months after ordereing, and more likely 5 or 6 months. I stick by my opinion that Ford should have been better prepared to modify production to fit the customers demands.

And Brad, speaking to your comment about taking orders now for 11 monts, I don't know about you or some of the others, but I'm not placing an order without driving one first. Luckily I got that chance at a Ford Innovation Drive, as we all know how willing the dealers are to let you test drive a GT.

One other gripe, the price gouging by the dealers :notnice:

Oh well, that's my .02, I'm just grateful we have this wonderful site to serve as a surrogate Mustang Although sometimes I think it makes things worse reading about everybody getting theirs and modifying it
Old 4/14/05, 01:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

I think you need a drink Yes I dont like waiting either, and have no patience at all. But they did under estimate demand and I know how diffuclut it is to ramp up production. You cant just snap your fingers anymore and have things happen. heck the amount of meetings they have nowadays just to decide on lunch is ridiculous nevermind deciding on jumping production and how to do it. If you sign a petition, which Im not disagreeing with, it will take 6 weeks before the right person sees it and another 4 until they decide on a response. By then it will be an 06 model. It stinks but it is a fact of life with all the wonderful technology to make our life easier
Old 4/14/05, 02:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Webba@April 14, 2005, 2:02 PM
I think you need a drink Yes I dont like waiting either, and have no patience at all. But they did under estimate demand and I know how diffuclut it is to ramp up production. You cant just snap your fingers anymore and have things happen. heck the amount of meetings they have nowadays just to decide on lunch is ridiculous nevermind deciding on jumping production and how to do it. If you sign a petition, which Im not disagreeing with, it will take 6 weeks before the right person sees it and another 4 until they decide on a response. By then it will be an 06 model. It stinks but it is a fact of life with all the wonderful technology to make our life easier
Corporate politics are the evil of our time, but its amazing what can happen, and how quickly when the right person reads it.

I am in, with some support from you all, maybe it will not help us, but will help some of the people ordering next year.... :bang:
Old 4/14/05, 02:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll sign a petition! I have to agree with Webba though, doubt it will do any good. Ford cares about the bottom line, which is pretty evident here. They're making money and have a hit on their hand, heck, they're probably even happy that some people will have to wait till '06.

Webba, I agree with you 100%. In this information age (which my job is in the middle of) all we've really done is create too much information for anybody to make decisions. And the other great thing I love to hear is how we are in a paper-less society now, all we've done is create more reports, using up more paper. OK, sorry to get off topic.

Oh, and I'll take that drink, you buying
Old 4/14/05, 02:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

My biggest thing is just to know wether i'll get my car. If I know for a fact that it will come then I can wait up till July 17 easliy (that's really when I need it) and thats 7 months from order date, so knowing that i'll eventually get it is sufficient for me.
But the fact is, that it is unknown and not guaranteed.
Old 4/14/05, 02:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke@April 14, 2005, 2:18 PM
My biggest thing is just to know wether i'll get my car. If I know for a fact that it will come then I can wait up till July 17 easliy (that's really when I need it) and thats 7 months from order date, so knowing that i'll eventually get it is sufficient for me.
When did you order ?
Old 4/14/05, 02:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe that the people who are completely informed via this site, and who are also yelling the loudest regarding an ORDERED car are just out of their minds. You can see by reading detailed posts by members that when SPECIAL ordering your car, you leave yourself exposed for the random draw by which they build these cars.

There are several things we need to keep in mind while losing our minds over availability here.

1) This is a brand new car in a BRAND NEW PLANT. This is first year production of this car at AAI, and while we'd all like to think that production was 100% job 1, we need to face facts that it wasn't.

2) We've all heard about the transportation issues, rail cars, docks etc. There's a certain amount of stuff that is out of Fords, dealers, and our control.

3) If GM does decide to make a next gen Camaro (which I personally doubt considering their current position) they probably won't have the issues because the popularity of that car doesn't come anywhere near the popularity of this one.

There are production units out there. It takes some doing, but you can find a car. Be flexible, use the system and most of all, be determined. If you ordered a car and have decided you must have the exact one you ordered, patience is the word of the day.
Old 4/14/05, 02:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Anyone know where Grantsdale is? Man, I figured he would be all over this.

I'll have had a 5 month wait by the time my car is delivered. Upset? I was...extremely. I got serialized and I have to admit that it made me feel better. I too complained relentlessly on this board (kind of embarrassed about it too) and do you know how much it helped? Nada, just made me depressed.

If Ford could build more cars, they would. I highly doubt, as a prior post put it, Ford is happy people have to wait until 06. You make it sound as if ford is purposely not building your car. They are bound to the dealer's union agreement to provide cars to the dealers that sell them - i.e. the allocation system. My order was delayed for this very reason. I female doged, I moaned all over this board but in hind sight I should have asked more questions to the dealer. My dealer came through and got my car by giving up their only vert allocation. I'm extremely luck, and I ordered in Nov.

It isn't Fords fault, it’s not your dealers fault. It’s not about fault, but more about blame. Who can you blame? No one. Good things come to those who wait. This isn't new, it has been going on for over 5 moths that I know of.
Old 4/14/05, 02:35 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by mmoonshot+April 14, 2005, 1:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mmoonshot @ April 14, 2005, 1:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-ManEHawke@April 14, 2005, 2:18 PM
When did you order ?
[/b][/quote]
Jan 16, but I don't even care about the wait, I just want my car before July 17. That allocation sticky post just got me worried, maybe more than it should have.
Old 4/14/05, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@April 14, 2005, 2:31 PM
I believe that the people who are completely informed via this site, and who are also yelling the loudest regarding an ORDERED car are just out of their minds. You can see by reading detailed posts by members that when SPECIAL ordering your car, you leave yourself exposed for the random draw by which they build these cars.

There are production units out there. It takes some doing, but you can find a car. Be flexible, use the system and most of all, be determined. If you ordered a car and have decided you must have the exact one you ordered, patience is the word of the day.
Yeah, but that's the problem, it shouldn't be such a random draw. Why are thy producing units to stock dealers inventory and making CUSTOMERS with their money in hand wait? And why are people that ordered in March getting their cars before people that ordered in January? I know it has to do with the allocation system, but that system sux.

There is one GT in stock at a dealer in my area, and its no where near what I want.

Anyway, I am being patient and waiting, I'm just dissapointed in Ford and I know they are losing sales over this.
Old 4/14/05, 02:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by ManEHawke+April 14, 2005, 2:38 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ManEHawke @ April 14, 2005, 2:38 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mmoonshot@April 14, 2005, 1:24 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ManEHawke
@April 14, 2005, 2:18 PM

When did you order ?
Jan 16, but I don't even care about the wait, I just want my car before July 17. That allocation sticky post just got me worried, maybe more than it should have.
[/b][/quote]

The Ford allocation / ordering process is jacked up, but you should get it.

Quick Reply: FOMOCO