2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

First post! Ordered my 07 Mustang GT!

Search this Thread

Old 5/26/06, 10:45 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hoops
The dealer says they won't know pricing for another month, but I ordered it under X plan so hopefully those new options won't be too much.
Does onyone know if the 07 pricing is out yet?
Old 5/26/06, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Pricing is supposed to be released in "late May". I was hoping to have seen it today but I guess not. Someone had previously posted the retail prices of some of the new '07 options, and someone else also posted that the vehicle MSRP was going up $180 across the board.
Old 5/30/06, 10:40 PM

Vert Top Question for 2007 Model

Originally Posted by ISELLFORD
We have not gotten our color and trim book yet and I can not find out any info on what the seats look like.
Is the Vert top Vinyl being replaced by Black Cloth?
Or is the Black Cloth Vert Top an additional new option on the 2007's in addition to the Vinyl?
Old 5/31/06, 08:04 PM
Bullitt Member

The black cloth top is an option and it's supposedly only $200 extra. Vinyl is standard.
Old 6/1/06, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
The black cloth top is an option and it's supposedly only $200 extra. Vinyl is standard.

Thanks, I also spoke to my dealer today, and gonna stay with the Vinyl because it requires less maintenance over the cloth.
But had them change the Rear Axle to the 3.55 because this year (2007) is an option for the GT 5-speed where as in 2005 and 2006 it was standard equipment on the GT 5 speed Manuals. Guess Ford throw us a curve ball on this one. In addition is costing an extra 100.00. Ha, funny how it was standard in 05 and 06, but cost you on 07. and why don't they rebate you for a spoiler Delete (or at least they can put it in the trunk in the event you want to sell it to some one without the exterior sport package. Oh well..............

2007 GT Vert Prem, REDFIRE, Black Vinyl Roof, 18" 64W, IUP, Leather Seats w Red Inserts, GT App Pkg., Seat Air Bags, Boot, Active Anti Theft, Satin Panel, Axle 3.55, 5 Speed Manual.
Old 6/1/06, 05:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Ordered yesterday! Wooo!

Has anyone else ordered Alloy Grey? I haven't seen anyone yet.
Old 6/2/06, 06:35 AM

Originally Posted by WarBird69
Ordered yesterday! Wooo!

Congrats to you WarBird! I've got an alloy grey GT Premium hardtop on order, supposed to be built next week!
Old 6/2/06, 12:27 PM
GT Member

Cloth Top More Maintenance?

This will be my first vert....I assume the cloth is more desireable since it is considered "premium" over the standard vinyl....but what are the pros and cons?

It is mentioned that the cloth is more maintenance?
Old 6/2/06, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by keeper
This will be my first vert....I assume the cloth is more desireable since it is considered "premium" over the standard vinyl....but what are the pros and cons?

It is mentioned that the cloth is more maintenance?
the cloth in my opion is a lot nicer looking. Check out some newer Jaguars and BMWs, or for that matter an '04 Mustang Cobra vert. It's noticeable upgrade over the standard black vinyl. Of course, the cloth does tend to fade and it requires more care to keep it looking new. Some other TMS members had suggested a product called Ragg Top. With the vinyl, you just need to apply a good vinyl dressing and it'll look good as new.
Old 6/2/06, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Makemystang,

Nice color choice!!!!

Ordered: '07 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Redfire with Dark Charcoal Interior, Black Cloth Convertible Top, 5-speed Manual, 3.55 axle, 18" Polished Bullitts, Wheel Locks, Active Anti-Theft, Side Air Bags, Soft Boot, Shaker 1000, Sirius Radio, Comfort Group, IUP w/Charcoal IP

Receipt Date: 3/24/2006
Serialize Date: 4/13/2006
Segment Date: 4/28/2006
Sequence Date:
Blend Date:
Produced Date: Week of 6/5/2006
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:
Old 6/3/06, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by steevr
Makemystang,

Nice color choice!!!!

Ordered: '07 Mustang GT Premium Convertible, Redfire with Dark Charcoal Interior, Black Cloth Convertible Top, 5-speed Manual, 3.55 axle, 18" Polished Bullitts, Wheel Locks, Active Anti-Theft, Side Air Bags, Soft Boot, Shaker 1000, Sirius Radio, Comfort Group, IUP w/Charcoal IP

Receipt Date: 3/24/2006
Serialize Date: 4/13/2006
Segment Date: 4/28/2006
Sequence Date:
Blend Date:
Produced Date: Week of 6/5/2006
Gate Release Date:
Ship Date:
Arrival Date:
Sold Date:
The REDFIRE is awsome and definatly has beautiful color variations in different natural light, My GF has the Redfire Coupe, and the change of colors when it is bright out, dusk or cloudy sky, and evening is just fantistic. It will vary from bright red to a dark deep (close to Maroon) in dark settings. with silver racing stripes produces a nice contrast, while in the sun will make the silver stripes look close to White, and subtle in evening.

Good color choice.
Old 6/3/06, 08:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
the cloth in my opion is a lot nicer looking. Check out some newer Jaguars and BMWs, or for that matter an '04 Mustang Cobra vert. It's noticeable upgrade over the standard black vinyl. Of course, the cloth does tend to fade and it requires more care to keep it looking new. Some other TMS members had suggested a product called Ragg Top. With the vinyl, you just need to apply a good vinyl dressing and it'll look good as new.
The Cloth is classier looking, but as you say does require more care.
My Bro-in-law has it on his Benz, though he likes it, hates the issues of tree sap almost impossible to remove, bird droppings stains, fading, pollen sticks to it, lint, winter road salt stains, and of course the drying time after washes. If you use the top down you need to use the boot, (like many of us, we get lazy to put it on because it is a pain) because the exposed part would get a little more fade to it and will become noticible over time from the rest of the roof. On his Benz, his top folds under a automatic hard boot, so it is not an issue for him. Actually you need to determine your climate and environment to determine how much care it will take. No matter what you get it will look cool.
Old 6/4/06, 08:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by makemystang
If you use the top down you need to use the boot, (like many of us, we get lazy to put it on because it is a pain) because the exposed part would get a little more fade to it and will become noticible over time from the rest of the roof.
That's a really good point that I never thought of. Maybe I can use the "front fade" issue as an excuse to talk myself into another new one in a few years!
Old 6/5/06, 08:03 PM
GT Member

Ordered mine today!

Originally Posted by WarBird69
Ordered yesterday! Wooo!

I was wondering the same thing until I read your post. I just ordered my alloy grey today:

GT Premium
5-SPD Manual (of course!)
3.55 slip dif
Interior upgrage
Dark Charcoal int.
18" Alum. Polished
Shaker 1000
Sirius option
GT Appearance package
Wheel locks

Post some pics when you get yours, and we can compare Enjoy it!
x-plan order!
Old 7/18/06, 03:38 PM

Progress!!!

Finally!

July 5th I went to the dealer, (first time since I ordered the car) just showed up without giving them a heads-up. My sales person was gone so I spoke with the Sales Manager. He tells me he is in the dark and what he knows he has told me. Which is nothing. No idea why my car hadn't been serialized. (I ordered it 4-26!!) He tells me I'm the first person to order a 07 from them and there is a list behind me waiting as well. Fantastic. I complained but that got me no where.

The next day my salesperson calls me telling me that my order has been taken out of the que it was in and put in as a rush. I'm like whatever...let me know when you have progress.

Last week Thursday I call ERL, just like everyday, expecting to hear "clean and unscheduled..." but it tells me my order has been serialized! I call again Sat. morning, and it tells me my "unit" is scheduled for the week of Aug. 7th. That dissappoints me, I was hoping for sooner (aren't we all).

So I call my dealer to confirm, she tells it its scheduled to be built ON the 7th, but most likely that's not true. I'm so frustrated with this dealer. I ordered the car 4-26-06, a week or two after they ordered dealer stock. The had 4 07 GT's on the lot before the 4th of July, and I'll end up waiting close to 4 months to get my car! ****ing dealers!