2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

FINALLY SAW A GT IN KERNERSVILLE,NC

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/04, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To date all I had seen of the mustang was pics and a V6 with and without the spoiler. I was worried when I first saw the size of the mustang and the large side walls on the V6 tires matched to the large wheel wells leftover afterward. I have written topics in this forum questioning whether the GT was going to be a disappointment because it was too large and had the ride height of a bronco with a lift (ok too harsh, I take that back).
I finally got a call from Ciener-Woods in Kernersville today. The first GT I have ever seen. When I finally got to see the car, they had just cleaned it and it was raining outside, so they parked it in the garage. The saleman was so excited about it, it almost overwhelmed my excitement. I walked into this back garage where they had it and so many misconceptions crashed down at one time, I did not know what to do with myself.
First of all, the GT version seems to be smaller (even though it is not) because the wheel wells are filled out and the lower body cladding. The GT rear spoiler really looks great in person and does not seem like an after thought in person (I am still getting the spoiler delete though).
The GT looks incredible, the exterior and build will not disappoint. The trunk closing feels very solid, the engine looks great, the exterior is wonderful! For anyone who has not seen the GT in person, it is truely a car that has to be seen in person to be most appreciated.
As far as the interior, this car had the light graphite with IUP and shaker 500. The interior "brushed steel" door handles are a imitation made of plastic, I couldn't tell if the same was true about the steering wheel. The dash has a ribbed metal similar to that found in the thunderbird, it looks pretty good. The Shaker 500 is a very good stereo, but I did not have time to adjust the base to my liking (I like base). They were not allowing test drives, but amazingly I was told to sit in the drivers seat and start it up! Even the start up seems high class, with alittle bit of a muscle sound and no shaking. Then the car idled: at idle it was smooth and inside the cabin it sounded strong and low toned, not loud and obnoxious....just right. The care also didn't shake around at idle. This GT is very refined compared to past iterations. Then I exited the vehicle and the salesman blips the throttle, it sounded great, really low and throaty. I expected it to be a little on the coarse side with a serious lack of refinement. No way, this car is very refined and everything seems to have been engineered to be in it's place. No panel gaps, large gaps in the wheel wells, over done body cladding or ugliness to be found.
The seats are great and when adjusted feel just as good if not better then other sports cars out there. On the IUP, the black door inserts are more charcoal grey, the door handles are not metal, nor are the "chrome" inserts. Overall though the car is extremely impressive and I am definitly getting one! If anyone has any questions just ask....
Old 11/9/04, 03:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sweet!! Ray Motor Company in downtown Hillsborough has a silver V6 but I don't believe they're offering test drives... gosh that thing is covered in dust! Might have to go up there and offer to hose it down!