2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Finally saw an '05 GT on the road

Search this Thread

Old 2/5/05, 07:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was on my way to the dealership today to pick up a copy of my DORA, and was thinking on the way that one of the things I would tell my salesman was that I still have yet to see an '05 GT actually on the road. So I've got my left signal on waiting to turn into the dealer's lot, when what's this coming my way?! YES, a Redfire GT with the ominous driving lights! I strained my neck watching it go by me, and it looks great from all angles driving down the road.

It still seems amazing that Ford must have sold 40,000 or more '05 Mustangs already, so that means what, at least 10,000 GTs? And this is the first one I've actually seen on the road. I've only seen two V6s for that matter as well. WHERE ARE THEY ALL?!?

I know they're out there - I've seen maybe 10 different GTs on the area lots and 8 of those have been sold - and I've seen at least as many V6s on the lots - mostly all of those sold as well.

Anyway, picked up my DORA, and got the bad news that despite the seemingly non-shortage of IUP, my car didn't get pulled last Thursday - the salesman says none of their orders got pulled and they're getting two V6s instead. I'm in CT, so not sure if the region is New York, Boston, or what it is... The salesman says the next chance for mine to get pulled is the end of February. :angry:
Old 2/5/05, 07:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Just three seen here in MD. Last one was a white GT southbound on 95. I trailed her for a few miles...she looked very menacing in motion!
Old 2/5/05, 08:19 PM
Team Mustang Source

Even here in sunny So FL it's rare to see a new 05 GT on the road. I've seen only three so far. Good news is that as of 2/3, the status of mine is Shipped By Convoy Carrier, which means it should arrive in just a couple weeks and there will be one more to been seen on the road. :-)
Old 2/5/05, 08:24 PM
9 is not my lucky number.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I live in southern NH and work around Boston. I haven't seen any yet on the road either outside of a dealership. I'm thinking people are buying them and keeping them in the stable. I bet in the spring you'll see them everywhere.
Old 2/5/05, 08:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

Surprisingly I've only seen one on the road here in the Detroit area (other than mine). Usually the latest from the Big 3 are out in full force around here.

I'm sure there will be plenty of verts in the summer though!
Old 2/5/05, 09:12 PM
FR500 Member

ive seen 3 on the road lol.....followed 2 and went the opposite was as another one.....they r scarce but once the warm weather hits, expect a ton of v6's and some GT's
Old 2/5/05, 09:28 PM

I have only seen one yellow gt on the road, but seen a few v6's red, windveil, silver, white, and yellow.

I see mine and my managers silver gt daily.
Old 2/6/05, 03:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by wjones14@February 5, 2005, 9:47 PM
I was on my way to the dealership today to pick up a copy of my DORA, and was thinking on the way that one of the things I would tell my salesman was that I still have yet to see an '05 GT actually on the road. So I've got my left signal on waiting to turn into the dealer's lot, when what's this coming my way?! YES, a Redfire GT with the ominous driving lights! I strained my neck watching it go by me, and it looks great from all angles driving down the road.

It still seems amazing that Ford must have sold 40,000 or more '05 Mustangs already, so that means what, at least 10,000 GTs? And this is the first one I've actually seen on the road. I've only seen two V6s for that matter as well. WHERE ARE THEY ALL?!?

I know they're out there - I've seen maybe 10 different GTs on the area lots and 8 of those have been sold - and I've seen at least as many V6s on the lots - mostly all of those sold as well.

Anyway, picked up my DORA, and got the bad news that despite the seemingly non-shortage of IUP, my car didn't get pulled last Thursday - the salesman says none of their orders got pulled and they're getting two V6s instead. I'm in CT, so not sure if the region is New York, Boston, or what it is... The salesman says the next chance for mine to get pulled is the end of February. :angry:

You and I are in almost the same exact boat.
I was going to a movie with my family Saturday afternoon and we have to pass the dealership in which I ordred mine from. When we were about 1/4 mile away from the dealer I saw a Redfire GT coming in the opposite direction. This is the first '05 I have seen on the road not counting the V6 I saw last June near Lansing Michigan. I stopped at the dealer cause we had a few minutes to kill to check on a status update.
Still C/U. I ordered 2 day before you.

While I was there 3 different cars were taken on test drives.
2 V6's and a GT.
All were women and over the age of 40.

On a side note.
Any of you Legand Limers out there......
Great choice.
They had a LL V6 in the show room and I have to say this color shows very well.
Old 2/6/05, 12:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess it all depends on where you are. I've seen close to twenty overall and atleast four in the last week alone. Mostly v-6's lately where as it was mostly GT's early on.