2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Fellow TMS-er needs your prayers, folks

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/08, 05:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thoughts and prayers are with all involved.
Old 6/16/08, 05:50 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats as sad as it gets.My prayers for Kyle, his family, his friends family,and the others involved.
Old 6/16/08, 06:14 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Kyle, wishing you the best. I hate hearing stuff like this.
Old 6/16/08, 06:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Very tragic and sad my thoughts and prayers to Kyle and the families. Hang in there Kyle your Mustang brothers and sisters are spiritually by you side. I never spoke to Kyle in person but I know for his posts in "POTR" (Ponies On The Run) he has a great personality and is a good guy.

Gods speed on your recovery friend.

Jed
Old 6/16/08, 06:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hang in there Kyle - I live just a couple miles from that road - its a tight road with no place to go on either side when something happens. Just trees and ditches. Our prayers are with you and your family.
Old 6/16/08, 06:58 PM
Bullitt Member

These things usually never mean anything to anyone until they hit close to home. My condolences go out to the families that lost their loved ones. I have never spoken to Kyle, but hang in there bro!!!

Whoever is running this thread, please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Old 6/16/08, 07:27 PM

This is his sister

Hey guys this is Kyle's sister Kaitlin.

Well, I'll start with the accident, for those of you who don't already know.

Kyle and Jeremy Smith were driving on Durant Road and were going around the curve and spun out. They were hit by an oncoming car and Jeremy Smith passed away on the scene. The people in the other car were taken to the hospital, but the sheriff told us they were going to be okay. Kyle was air-lifted out to Tampa General. He's been in the ICU since he arrived. He has a fractured lower spine and pelvis & kidney and brain damage. They're keeping him really cold because he has a fever, but that's typical for car accident patients. The brain damage is the worst and biggest issue. On both frontal lobes he has really bad bruising and swelling. He's still unconscious but they want him that way. They don't want him to go into shock or have permanent brain damage. They were talking about putting him into a medical coma, but that's good not bad. It would shut his brain down and let it heal without so much pressure on his brain. They're not currently going to do that, but it's a possibility. There's not much to do for the first 48-72 hours except wait. Then the "critical period" is 7-10 days. I don't know what they will do after that. But please just keep praying, that's about all we can do right now. Please please please pray for Jeremy Smith's family. I can't even imagine what they're going through. Kyle and Jeremy were such good friends. Please just pray for Jeremy's family and Kyle. Thank you to everyone for all the support and prayers. I'll keep updates going on here and facebook as much as possible.

We made a site so everyone can get updates.
www.carepages.com
You have to register to view it, but the name is Karing4Kyle.

I have a facebook, but I currently can't get it to log-on so I can give you guys the group people made for him and Jeremy. But I'll try to keep everyone updated. Esp. you guys because I know you have no other way of knowing anything.

Love everyone, Kaitlin.
Old 6/16/08, 07:54 PM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kaitlin

thanks so much for coming on here with the details of what happened
Kyle is someone I always look forward to hanging with everytime I come north from south florida to do our mustang shows - so many times we wind up parked next to each other and banter back and forth while we do the initial cleaning of the Stangs....

Myself, LimeGt (Phil), and MTAS (Dave) were frantic this morning trying to lock down details - Phil spotted the story and gave us the heads-up

If the spin out was due to the sway bar failing....... dang, he had Pm-ed with me a week or a few weeks back about installing that as I had a spare one lying around to sell........ I was thinking maybe it was bad weather as we had some real bad storms here Saturday

Sadly we are in that zone now where waiting is the main answer and just sitting back to see what happens.

I know how hard this has to be for you and your family - please know Kyle (and you guys) have a huge group of people here online who are praying for Kyle and ready to give emotional or other support.

I can guess how hard the past few days have been for Jeremy's family - did he drive a white fox body mustang? I'd swear I met him at at least one show I did with Kyle

Anyway I don't know what else to say right now except to stay strong and take things a single day at a time. If you need antying any of us here can help with, pleasse just let us know.

David

Originally Posted by singmenething91
Hey guys this is Kyle's sister Kaitlin.

Well, I'll start with the accident, for those of you who don't already know.

Kyle and Jeremy Smith were driving on Durant Road and were going around the curve and spun out. They were hit by an oncoming car and Jeremy Smith passed away on the scene. The people in the other car were taken to the hospital, but the sheriff told us they were going to be okay. Kyle was air-lifted out to Tampa General. He's been in the ICU since he arrived. He has a fractured lower spine and pelvis & kidney and brain damage. They're keeping him really cold because he has a fever, but that's typical for car accident patients. The brain damage is the worst and biggest issue. On both frontal lobes he has really bad bruising and swelling. He's still unconscious but they want him that way. They don't want him to go into shock or have permanent brain damage. They were talking about putting him into a medical coma, but that's good not bad. It would shut his brain down and let it heal without so much pressure on his brain. They're not currently going to do that, but it's a possibility. There's not much to do for the first 48-72 hours except wait. Then the "critical period" is 7-10 days. I don't know what they will do after that. But please just keep praying, that's about all we can do right now. Please please please pray for Jeremy Smith's family. I can't even imagine what they're going through. Kyle and Jeremy were such good friends. Please just pray for Jeremy's family and Kyle. Thank you to everyone for all the support and prayers. I'll keep updates going on here and facebook as much as possible.

We made a site so everyone can get updates.
www.carepages.com
You have to register to view it, but the name is Karing4Kyle.

I have a facebook, but I currently can't get it to log-on so I can give you guys the group people made for him and Jeremy. But I'll try to keep everyone updated. Esp. you guys because I know you have no other way of knowing anything.

Love everyone, Kaitlin.
Old 6/16/08, 08:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sad news! I hope he gets better quickly~
Old 6/16/08, 08:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Our prayers are with Kyle and your family.
Old 6/16/08, 08:09 PM
Cobra Member

This is terrible news and my thoughts and prayers go out to all the families involved and a special prayer for Kyle to get well.

Burke can you feel us in a bit more with regards to the sway bar issue?
Old 6/16/08, 08:29 PM
Big Falken Tires

He had just asked me about the bushings on the GT takeoff one I had (Saleen gave me all my parts after they installed their suspension kit) because I believe he had just gotten a GT one to install ( I can't find the **** message)

Hey Dave/FLAstangx3 - so the sherriff spokeperson said/confirmed that the swaybar failed somehow? Did they hit something else?... Kyle's injuries seem extensive for an impact on the passenger side like that unless they hit something else afterwards.... ?
Old 6/16/08, 08:57 PM
GTR Member

This absolutely sucks. i've met Kyle a few times and he's just a down to earth kid who loves stangs..Please god let him be alright....life is so unfreakin fair sometimes..I'm prayin for you Kyle
Old 6/16/08, 08:58 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

God Bless both families during this sad time!! I'll pray for healing and comfort!!
Old 6/16/08, 08:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thoughts and prayers for the accident victims and their loved ones.
Old 6/16/08, 09:58 PM
Cobra Member

So was he having problems with his stock bar or bushings?

I do not mean to seem trivial but if his stock bar or bushings failed for some reason it would be nice to know the whats and whys for all of us.
Old 6/16/08, 11:36 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Boltzman
This absolutely sucks. i've met Kyle a few times and he's just a down to earth kid who loves stangs..Please god let him be alright....life is so unfreakin fair sometimes..I'm prayin for you Kyle
+100 to that, life is incredibly unfair sometimes
Old 6/17/08, 06:16 AM

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL! THIS IS A TRAGIC THING THAT HAPPENS IN LIFE! MAY GOD GIVE THE FAMILIES STRENGTH TO GET THRU THIS AWFUL TIME! MY STOMACH IS SICK JUST READING ALL OF THIS! KYLE... I GIVE YOU ALL MY PRAYERS TO PULL THRU THIS!!!
Old 6/17/08, 06:40 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Burke0011
He had just asked me about the bushings on the GT takeoff one I had (Saleen gave me all my parts after they installed their suspension kit) because I believe he had just gotten a GT one to install ( I can't find the **** message)

Hey Dave/FLAstangx3 - so the sherriff spokeperson said/confirmed that the swaybar failed somehow? Did they hit something else?... Kyle's injuries seem extensive for an impact on the passenger side like that unless they hit something else afterwards.... ?
Man, I hope Kyle makes it through all of this. I thought I saw an article that mentioned the sway bar broke. Your comments make it sound like he was replacing the stock one with one from the GT. I wonder if he did this and it wasn't installed properly? I just haven't heard of a stock sway bar falling on the 05+ before.
Old 6/17/08, 06:53 AM
Big Falken Tires

Originally Posted by adrenalin
Man, I hope Kyle makes it through all of this. I thought I saw an article that mentioned the sway bar broke. Your comments make it sound like he was replacing the stock one with one from the GT. I wonder if he did this and it wasn't installed properly? I just haven't heard of a stock sway bar falling on the 05+ before.
Me either John/Richard

You know we are stringing together info here - we don't know the whole story and weren't there, etc so I really feel weird trying to piece together a cause for this right now... I mean I can't even find that message he sent me where he asked me that in the first place so I can't say 100% certain on anything.

I think if a sway bar issue is ANYTHING we needed to worry about as a standard kind of safety issue, we would have heard about it by now after 4 years of these cars being on the road - you know how fast info disseminates throughout the community due to websites....

Right now the only thing on my mind is Kyle's recovery

If you can, everyone please go the carepages page that Kaitlin set up and leave a comment
It would be good for the rest of his family to see the support, good wishes and prayers he is getting from his Stang brethren

Quick Reply: Fellow TMS-er needs your prayers, folks