2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Fed Up, about to Give Up

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/05, 09:59 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
OK, I know I'm about to get flamed from some of you, but I thought I'd share my feelings looking for some support. I ordered mid Nov, it's now the end of Jan, and I've made no progress. I'm tired of being stressed over it. I have a car I need to sell, I want my 'Stang, and I'm sick of not even being able to plan on when it might get here. I'm sorry but it is a bunch of crap.
I know "go buy one off the lot..." I've searched and searched. Anyone know of one like my order (see sig)? Can't find it anywhere. I'm barely even able to find a GT.
I know "it's just a car..." Yes, but it's one that I want. I don't want a GTO, I don't want one w/out IUP, I don't want a v6. I want what I ordered. :stubborn:
I know I sound like a spoiled kid. I'm not, I'm 28 and have always wanted something like this, I've honestly found my dream car, but I'm sick of being put off. I've worked hard for it, I ordered it months ago and told it would be here in 6-8 weeks. Yes, I knew better, but I didn't think that 3 months later I would have nothing more than a DORA.
???Can a brother get a build date???
AAAArgh. :bang: Sorry for the rant, maybe some of you who have been through this can give me some advice. Time for a
Old 1/28/05, 10:07 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No offense, but you haven't been waiting that long.

Any new status on yoru order?
Cobra Member

I don't know why anyone would want to flame you; if anything, I think you might find some sympathetic ears that might diminish your frustration somewhat. I certainly understand what you're going through. Not knowing what's going on is probably the worst feeling of all. I am prepared to wait for as long as it takes once I order the car I want, but I know it's not so simple for others, given their circumstances. Just keep your chin up and your ear to the ground (there I go mixing metaphors again).

I am really looking forward to the day when YOU get your car, because it's precisely what I'm hoping to get!

Don't drink alone!
V6 Member

I am in a worse situation than you, I sold my car at the beginning of January, expecting to get mine mid-jan, but I still havent been pulled yet. I already had to change to the IUP Lite so that I at least have the possibility of getting scheduled in the next 2 months.

I went and checked out a new 04 fully loaded G35 coupe today. AMAZING car, definetally light years ahead of the Mustangs. I was in the process of making a deal with him and getting the deposite back on my Mustang, but then the Infiniti dealer decided to change his price by 800$ (It was really important to him to screw me on $38K car), so I said forget it. I had my credit card waiting to put a deposite to get them to hold their showroom car, but I put it back after he changed his price. There is still a possibility I might pick up an 05 G35 instead, but that will be decided soon if Ford doesnt pull my order soon.
Old 1/28/05, 10:09 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Badandy@January 28, 2005, 11:10 PM

He has been waiting for 2 months now, and since his order has not been pulled yet, it will be a minumum of 2 more months to get it (Probably much much longer). That is a rediculous amount of time to wait for a Mustang. Being told originally that your order will take 6-8 weeks, and now 2 months later, you are being told 10-16 weeks, is complete and utter crap, expecially when other people who ordered in early december from a bigger dealer are getting their cars soon..
Old 1/28/05, 10:17 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by Clemens9+January 29, 2005, 12:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clemens9 @ January 29, 2005, 12:12 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Badandy@January 28, 2005, 11:10 PM

He has been waiting for 2 months now, and since his order has not been pulled yet, it will be a minumum of 2 more months to get it (Probably much much longer). That is a rediculous amount of time to wait for a Mustang. Being told originally that your order will take 6-8 weeks, and now 2 months later, you are being told 10-16 weeks, is complete and utter crap, expecially when other people who ordered in early december from a bigger dealer are getting their cars soon..
[/b][/quote]

No offense taken, but: what he said (Clemens9). Only new status is C/U, but that's not exactly new.
And part of the problem is that I see people who ordered in Dec taking delivery, I see people w/ Verts w/ build dates. I've got nuthin' And no one can give any answers. My dealer and Ford Customer Service are in the same category... the Useless Category.
Old 1/28/05, 10:24 PM
GT Member

Think of it this way... you've already waited 28 years to get to the point where you know what you want and can afford it. Four or Five months wait is allot but it will vanish when you get find out you've been scheduled. From there things move quickly. You ordered the hard to get options that put you in the - l o n g – queue, but I also think there worth it. Hey I'm in the wait queue also, not as long you have been, but I can relate.

I wish I had some magic 'go faster' dust - I would sell it to hundreds of TMS members!

Hang in there! .. in the mean time there's always BEER !
Old 1/28/05, 10:26 PM
I lust for a M24

CelticCub, you've got good taste sir!
And Thanks.
Old 1/28/05, 10:28 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally posted by 05Stang_WI@January 29, 2005, 12:27 AM

I wish I had some magic 'go faster' dust - I would sell it to hundreds of TMS members!

Hang in there! .. in the mean time there's always BEER !
I WANT FOUR POINT SIX LITRES OF THE 'GO FASTER' DUST!!!
Old 1/28/05, 10:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 05Stang_WI@January 28, 2005, 11:27 PM
Think of it this way... you've already waited 28 years to get to the point where you know what you want and can afford it. Four or Five months wait is allot but it will vanish when you get find out you've been scheduled. From there things move quickly. You ordered the hard to get options that put you in the - l o n g – queue, but I also think there worth it.
We didnt order the hard to get options, it's that the options that we ordered became hard to get based on Ford's irresponsibility. The wait becomes extra long when you have no idea when your car will be pulled, because it could be 2 months or 5 months.
Old 1/28/05, 10:32 PM
Cobra Member

I have to agree. I love Mustangs, and I will wait it out for mine, but how in the world does a company the size of Ford screw up like this. Did they not do market research to figure out option popularity? I mean, it's freakin' Ford....they have the resources, and the Harvard Advertising grads. They really dropped the ball on this one.
Old 1/28/05, 10:33 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
my friend, never give up.

i've been on a quest for a stang(any year) since i was 12. in 2 1/2 months i will be 16. i finally convinced my parents into letting me get a stang and then, as per murphy's law, the tenants upstairs moved out. now we wont be in a financial situation for who knows how long. drives me crazy. but i keep on trying.

in the words of a character whose name i cannot remember from a moviehose title i cannot recal:

"never give up, never surrender!"
Old 1/28/05, 10:34 PM
I lust for a M24

Unfortunately, they (the IUP) are the hard to get options. That's probably a lot of the reason I'm waiting. But yes, Ford's lack of quality market research is to blame. And yes, having no timeline makes it a daily struggle (my God I'm sick).
Old 1/28/05, 10:58 PM
Cobra Member

My bad on my comment. I didn't realize your car was C/U.

You should talk to your dealer and tell them to rush the order or go to a different place. It should not be taking this long.
Old 1/28/05, 11:05 PM
I lust for a M24

Badandy, I look forward to joining your Torch Red Club! I asked them if there was anything they can do to speed it up, they say they're waiting on Ford. Unfortunately I can't break into the dealership at night and change my order in their computer, but believe me, I've thought about it. Don't want to end up I've checked around on placing a different and I'm getting the same answer from other dealers, 6 month wait. No use starting over at this point. Want to sell yours??? J/K
Old 1/28/05, 11:32 PM
FR500 Member

im starting to believe this six month wait thing.....its getting to me because i was planning om making it to april but to wait till like june or july its just rediculous. i know we have no contol over the situation but if i have to wait well then soo be it. ive waited on tons of queue lines in my life and this is just another wait the only difference ITS MUCH LONGER
Old 1/28/05, 11:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Clemens9+January 28, 2005, 11:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Clemens9 @ January 28, 2005, 11:12 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Badandy@January 28, 2005, 11:10 PM

[/b][/quote]

Let's not go there. I was told 6-8 weeks & that was over 4 months ago. Not only that but I was in the expodited order system. Practically everyone knew my car NEEDED to be built ASAP because it's a Ford replacement car for my Lemon of an 03. And still nothing. And look at SixtySix, his car was built back in September & he just got it like 3 weeks ago.

So 2 months is really nothing compared to some of us who are STILL waiting. I agree. It's not right that those who ordered after I did got theres months ago. And ALL because they got a GT & I ordered a V6. And the V6's were placed on an indefient hld for 3 months. My order only got puled in the 5 seconds that the hold was lifted. If it hadn't I would probably still be waiting. What a crock. It's a total crock. But no 2 months really isn't that long. Anyway. That's my rant.

No offense was meant. Laters
~*~ Kera ~*~
Old 1/28/05, 11:37 PM
FR500 Member

wow this is stuff i cant afford to hear cuz my ears will just bleed. the 6 months to me is again becoming more true.....soo the road trips i planned r cancelled as of now
Old 1/28/05, 11:38 PM

05GT-O.C.D.

We would have to say.....wait a little longer. We ordered 11/6. We were given different info from Ford Customer Service in December and no info from the dealer for quite some time. We never got a DORA even though it was requested on a number of occasions, by phone and by email. This after we got the VIN in mid December. On the 20th of January I got tired of waiting and AGAIN called the dealer. He left a message on my phone telling me they had no info on the car, I should change to the Sport Appearence Group to get it quicker, blah, blah, blah. Being on this site, and knowing what I know, I was a little more than irate at that phone call. I took the 21st off from work, dealer is over an hour away, and drove to the dealer ready for blood. Upon my arrival I see their computer print out that shows the car scheduled for 1/24-1/27. We now have an arrival estimate of 2/8-2/15. I expressed my displeasure that a sales manager would BS me on the phone when the info was right there for him to see, if he had looked.

Bottom line is we all know about the delays that have occurred due to Ford's lack of insite with the IUP issue. Orders are catching up, thanks to their not taking IUP orders for a short period. We would suggest you stay on the dealer, check out their paperwork with your own eyes when you can, and just hang in there. We had thought about cancelling because we were mad at the dealer but came to the same conclusion you did, you've come this far, now is not the time to start over. Hang in there, get the car you want and don't settle for anything else. It WILL be worth the wait.
Old 1/28/05, 11:40 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All I can tell ya is hang in there because as soon as you buy something else your order will get pulled. As you can see in my sig, I ordered 1 month before you and was just pulled for production. Yours could be pulled real soon since the IUP fiasco seems to letting up. Just live on this site 24/7 and live through all the others here until yours gets here. It helped me anyway. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Fed Up, about to Give Up