2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Experience any of these Problems?

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/05, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taking my car back to the dealer for some warranty work next Monday. I had some WEIRD and unexpected stuff start happening with my car. My current laundry list is comprised of some known and unknown glitches and goes a little something like this:

1) Still waiting for word on the V6 1500 RPM Vibration issue

2) Power R&P Is making a squeaking noise (sounds hydraulic) when you turn the wheel. It's actually getting really embarassingly loud now, and is even deeper and louder the harder you cut the wheel. The Dealership addressed this problem by replacing a "clock spring" but that didn't work.

3) The temperature controls on the interior climate control system stopped functioning recently. First, I had it on the mid-temp setting. I noticed the air started feeling a little cool, so I turned it warmer. A few seconds later, I didn't notice a change in the air temp. I turned it full blast. No Luck. I hit Recycle. Nothing. Still cold. I pulled off into a gas station. I was trying to check the fuse in the passenger compartment fuse pannel, but couldn't figure out how to get the frakin' thing open, so I said Nevermind, and continued driving. The temp then went to full hot and I could not adjust it. Finally, 2 days later, I was driving in this AM, and suddenly, the temp started working again - almost like it never was broken. No clue on what's up with this one!

4) Fuel Tank Filling problem - TSB on that

5) CD Player skipping sections of a song at random, cutting off the end of a song, and spitting disks out (only noticed this with WAV CD's).

6) still getting a rattle out of the dash (IUP) around the far passenger side air duct section of IUP. If you press on the metal, it stops.

Anyone having problems like 2 & 3? I'm interrested to see if these are some new ones that are showing up, or if they are just low volume glitches.

I'm enjoying the fool out of the car, and even though I'm having some problems, I still have to say that the car is awesome and worth the hastle. The dealership is taking great care of me, and dispite the concern that I'll be chasing these problems out of my warranty (putting miles on the car like it's nobody's business), I'm not disheartened. This is my first NEW American car (also own a 66 stang), and I'm impressed and pleased with the improvement of the American quality. It's not perfect, but the car is still outstanding and worth every penny.

Unquestionably a world class car.
Old 3/9/05, 04:44 PM
GT Member

Nothing on 2&3 Shaker problem yep, it's actually starting to **** me off a bit. Fuel problem, just the first time I filled it up, haven't had a problem since. Still waiting on the vibration thing also. No rattles of any kind.
Old 3/9/05, 05:49 PM
Cobra Member

dont have the shaker. Havent had any problems.
Actually the problem is is that I want to drive it all the time!
Old 3/10/05, 10:34 AM
Queen Of Nascar

How many miles do you have on your car now Phillip?
Old 3/10/05, 11:03 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by StangerX@March 9, 2005, 5:40 PM

6) still getting a rattle out of the dash (IUP) around the far passenger side air duct section of IUP. If you press on the metal, it stops.

I get that same rattle from time to time.
Old 3/10/05, 11:40 AM

I too have a rattle in my dash. If I press on the panel between the airbag and the glove box, it stops. I only notice it with the stereo down of course. If anyone has a fix for this, I'd love to know about it.

I do get the clicking noise when I turn the wheel while in reverse, so far I haven't noticed it in forward gears.

Putting gas in this car is a drag. I can't ever walk away from it to clean my windows, etc. California pumps all have the vapor catching sleeves, so it really is a pain in the rear. Speaking of gas, 19 to 25 for the V6? They must be kidding. Even driving like an old lady, I can't seem to average better than 17mpg. 87 octane is $2.29 today, so I'm feeling grumpy about this issue! :angry:

My car doesn't vibrate at 1500 rpm, but boy it sure rumbles hard when the engine is cold and I've got my foot on the brake. When it warms up, it goes away. Anyone else notice this?

I have 2,900 miles on my Mustang so far and despite aforementioned issues, I love it still!
Old 3/10/05, 01:14 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the Shaker "B" series fix those issues?
Old 3/10/05, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Philip - another 66 and 05 owner! Seems like lots of us here - enjoying the best of both worlds!

I picked my car up Monday and have only driven it that one day due to the lousy winter weather here now. I'll be looking for the problems you mention - however I can add one from my first hour with the car (Grrrrr!!!)). The drivers seat came apart on me after I left the dealership. The outside plastic trim piece which houses the electric seat and lumbar controls came unsnapped when I stepped out of the car and flapped loose till I reattached it. I was showing the car off to someone and he pointed out the seat and asked what gives with that??? We'll see if it does it again.
Old 3/10/05, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Interesting Note.
I was in the Ford service center the other day talking to the service manager about rumored problems with the mustangs being delievered and asked about the Shaker issue of skipping and he said,

"The problem with the radio is that it is a DelCo radio ( a GM product ) !!!!"

He also, said that Ford had made a desicion to keep the Shaker name for the 2006 model but change the radio behind it because of all the problems they had with it.

Has anyone else heard this story???
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: