2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Everyone thinks my Fogs are Highbeams

Search this Thread

Old 6/9/07, 10:11 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On one hand it`s ok to say "fog em' but the time your actually blinding someone and they hit you head on it`ll be a different story.
Old 6/9/07, 10:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think a lot of people just brain fart and flash because they see four lights. Many driver's are not exactly the 'brightest'. pardon the pun....
Old 6/10/07, 12:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Don't have a problem with mine on. Hmm, I guess its because my fog lights are smaller. (LOL)
Old 6/10/07, 01:38 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by bigray327
I don't think people are being blinded, I think they just see four lights and assume you're using high beams.
I think this is right. Just assuming *****..... When I have a chance, I high beam them so they can see what brights really look like.
Old 6/10/07, 09:09 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by StangPower05
You guys are not alone. Im constantley getting flashed becasue of that. But then when i flash them back with my REAL highbeams, they are in complete shock. LOL!
I usually do the same.
Old 6/10/07, 09:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by semperfi65
These have worked very well for me, Harman's ShowLenses at

http://showlenses.com/
Those blue ones are illegal, around here if state patrol pulls you over for those blue lights , they will knock them out.about a year ago I took some transparent blue and painted my lower fog lights, police pulled me over just after I had finished and told me that a blue light on front of any vechile is illegal ,unless it's a patrol vehicle. I had to scrape every bit of the paint off to not get a ticket, he also said that if it would have been the state patrol that had pulled me over ,that they could have busted my lights.
Old 6/10/07, 12:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by flamin ponyexpress
Those blue ones are illegal, around here if state patrol pulls you over for those blue lights , they will knock them out.about a year ago I took some transparent blue and painted my lower fog lights, police pulled me over just after I had finished and told me that a blue light on front of any vechile is illegal ,unless it's a patrol vehicle. I had to scrape every bit of the paint off to not get a ticket, he also said that if it would have been the state patrol that had pulled me over ,that they could have busted my lights.
I've had the yellow on for more than a year. A couple of month ago I pulled into a convenience store to get a cup of coffee. Just as I pulled up to the front, a deputy walks out the main door and stares at the car. My first thougt was the sound level from the GTAs, second the Harman lenses.
Come to find out, his wife had just bought him a V6 for his birthday! We spent the next several minutes talking about what mods he would like to do, including putting a GT grill in his V6 so that he could have the same look of my car,with the yellow covers.
Harman sent me samples of all of his colors to try out. My choices are amber, yellow (back to the 60's look from several British rides), smoked grey and black. The black does a great job of hiding the lense appearance from a distance.The covers are great in protecting the lense itself from insect, and road debris.
It takes a matter of seconds to remove or reinstall, and they last a very long time.
Old 6/11/07, 12:10 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Giddyup
I think this is right. Just assuming *****..... When I have a chance, I high beam them so they can see what brights really look like.
lol how did I become bigray

I put the hids in today and they are insanely bright with some glare, not one person flashed me all evening. If I was just running the fogs with the stock bulbs it would of happened at least 5 times.
Old 8/9/07, 04:20 PM

I have been running with the amber fog lamp covers for over two years now in Kansas and Missouri with no problems from law enforcement, motor vehicle inspections, or other drivers thinking I have my high beams on. Today, I ordered a pair of Hella Optilux XY Extreme Yellow Xenon fog lamp bulbs size 9145 (H10) for even more yellow @ Car Domain for $24.95 + S/H.
Old 8/9/07, 06:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Will you post pics (both day and night time) when installed?
Old 8/10/07, 06:11 AM
Bullitt Member

The limo tint on the fogs in the way to go for looks but amber for day to day.
Old 8/10/07, 06:44 AM

Pics of fog lamps night and day... 10-4
Old 8/10/07, 07:06 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Personally I like seeing the Four headlights coming at me, bc I know its a Stang. Id run the fogs because it helps to see, but I really dont understand the fogs turning off when the highs are put on. My dad's mountaineer allows both to see at the same time, and I swear its enough light to grow plants, and safely see.
Old 8/10/07, 11:44 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
I was getting flashed frequently. I think it was because maybe I lowered the rear of the car a tad, which in turn raised the aim on the lights.
So I adjusted them down(headlamps) a tad and haven't been flashed since.
Old 8/10/07, 01:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
I'm running HIDs in the foglights, they are INSANELY bright, if you are in front of me you will be blasted by the HID fogs.

YET...

I rarely get flashed on the road for having all four HID lights on. Go figure.
Old 8/10/07, 02:26 PM
V6 Member

Dumb question, are they fog lights or driving lights. My understanding is that clear (white light) leans are driving lights and are designed to shed light in the areas that the head lights don't. Specifically, the extreme left and right as well as straight down the road just ahead of where the normal lights would fall. Fog lights are the tinted (yellow/amber) colored lights. The difference is the light spectrum where yellow cuts through fog better than white light or at the very least reflects less...
Old 8/10/07, 03:12 PM
V6 Member

That's why I converted mine to driving lights.
They only turn on with the high beams now and I can see as far as I need to and then some.
No one ever flashes me unless I actually have the highs on.

KARMAN, would you give a "how to" convert
Old 8/10/07, 03:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
I used to think they were driving lights, but if you drive with them at night with the headlamps off, you can't see very far at all. However, they do light up the road and undercarriage of pickups, and have a wide dispersal. This suggests they are simply white foglights (really good ones too). The stock headlamps are pretty amazing as well. I have XtraVision bulbs installed and they do a great job of reflecting signs and illuminating the road.
Old 8/10/07, 03:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Low, Low beams.
Old 8/10/07, 09:20 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Hugo6705
That's why I converted mine to driving lights.
They only turn on with the high beams now and I can see as far as I need to and then some.
No one ever flashes me unless I actually have the highs on.

KARMAN, would you give a "how to" convert
Well it isn't the best "how to" but here is the thread...
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...highlight=sick
If you have any question feel free to ask.
I think the easier way to go is to put really bright bulbs in the fogs and switch the headlamp connector around like I did.
I just have always loved Hellas and hate the OEM haze.

Quick Reply: Everyone thinks my Fogs are Highbeams