2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Drove an '05 - someone from another board...

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/04, 09:57 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Must_stang@July 26, 2004, 9:03 AM
Then again, Titanium Silver and 18s in 06 are very tempting!!! :w00t:
That's what I'm thinking now too. After seeing that interview I may have to wait another year.

When it comes down to it everyone has their right to express their opinion even if it's a biased one. You have to expect people on this board to defend the mustang. After all it is The Mustang Source. We have all been waiting so long and we are trying to find everything we can about this car. My advice would be to wait and see how it performs yourself. Take a test drive. Oh and let's face it. This wasn't a an official review by any means. For all we know this guy could be a 15 year old kid writing this stuff and posting it to different forums lol.

Wake me when a REAL review comes out. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Old 7/26/04, 08:13 PM
slp
V6 Member

Originally posted by GTJOHN@July 26, 2004, 8:04 AM
I want to hear what you guys "really" think of your 2005 Mustang GT after you have driven it for awhile. I know everybody is going to love it, as soon as you get it. So, I want to get your real feelings!

I spoke to guy who got to drive 2005 Mustang GT on Media Day. He said it handled well, the styling is great, and it felt like a mid-13's quarter mile car. He also said that we will not be disappointed!

As far as the GTO goes, my friend has one, it is nice. Good Power. Too bad GM called it a GTO though. Nothing really special about it. Interior is nice, but not great.

C5 Corvette: A couple of my friends have the car. I have driven them a lot. Nice, but over rated!! Interior looks cheap! I wouldn't spend big money for it!!

New C6 Corvette: My company is involved with it. GM is having major problems with the Transmission, and there are cracks in certain areas of the car ( Fiber glass ).
I am sure I will "really" like it years after getting it. This based upon my experience with my current 1994 Mustang GT. I still enjoy driving it as much now (if not more) than 10 years ago when it was brand new and I picked it up from the dealership. It is still stock and I am under no delusions about its performance, but it has never let me down and has been very cheap to maintain. Plus, people (that drive ostensibly "nicer" cars like Acuras and such) are always surprised when I tell them how old it is, which indicates to me that the styling and durability are not as bad as many make it seem (some have even remarked at how quiet ride was, which I never thought). It all comes down to experience, opinion, and personal perference.

GM makes fine cars as well, but I have generally perferred Ford's styling. I would gladly drive a Corvette, but for the price.

With the possible exception of the Jaguar XKR (and talk about a prohibitive price), I cannot think of a single import car that I really care for at all. The 350Z is in my personal top ten list of ugliest current production cars (once again, opinion). I have never driven one, but a co-worker who recently test drove one said he was not really thrilled with the performance and he thought the interior was cheap (and I do not believe he is too hard to impress either); he opted for a Miata instead.
Old 7/28/04, 11:18 PM
GT Member

you said "the faux aluminum dash"

Well, its real aluminum man
Old 7/29/04, 03:40 AM
GT Member

I just have a few questions. If we assume this was written by one person. Then how come the car he drives seems to change (Vette, Saleen, Roush)? And if it is more than one person. Why are we only hearing from people who did not like it. Wouldn't they have done more than one focus group. Why do a focus group at all this late in the game. Is there enough time to change anything?
Old 7/29/04, 08:58 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How can you even compare the Z350 to the Mustang. Completely different class. That would be like comparing a Jeep Liberty Renegade to the Hummer H2. Then he likes the GTO. He goes on about the interior styling of the Mustang, of course they are trying to make it look like the older models with current styling but personally I like it. The Mustang is far from being a piece of poo, his words......