2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Driving Like You Stole It

Search this Thread

Old 11/13/04, 09:07 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I went to he Ford Innovation Drive today in Houston, TX. It was awesome. They let you drive the new Stang through a competition track for times. I didn't do great, 36 seconds. I am proud of myself though, I took it to the car to where I felt comfortable and left all the cones standing. It was fun being able to drive an '05 like a bat out of you know where. God knows I will never drive my car like that.

My friend went with me. He didn't do so well. His time was 45 seconds. Of course, that might have been because of the penalty for all the cones he took with him.

One complaint though, they did not tell me at the onset that you could only drive one of the Mustang's though. They had both V6 automatics and GT manuals. I plan on buying a V6 manual because I can't justify the money for a GT (car note and insurance). So, naturally I drove the V6 first so I wouldn't have a tainted view of the power. It was great. I hopped back in line to drive the GT. I wanted to see how it ran. That is when the rep said "You can only run once." I said "you did not say you could only run once, you said we you could drive either one." I guess it is all semantics. I took that to mean I could drive both. And, of course, no one would listen to me gripe. :bang: That was the only thing that turned me off to the event. :angry:

I got a free Mustang hat, pens (500 and Freestyle), and posters (GT and Mustang). Made me feel a little better.

PS...The V6 feels waaaaaaaaayyyyy faster than the '04s, and doesn't have the jolting shift into second gear. Very smooth. Nicely done Ford.
Old 11/14/04, 03:30 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad they didn't let you drive both, but you can test drive a GT at a Dealership in your area. I have, it's lots of fun!