2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Download "Cornfield" Commercial Teaser!

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/04, 03:14 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
It's available in the hidden Super Stallions section. Click here to become a Super Stallion!
Old 10/13/04, 03:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome! thanks brad.

*edit:

hey brad...just a quick question. i donated money above the amount required to join so i see i should have access already, but every time i enter my user name in the blank field it takes me to the donate page. is there a seperate section i should use to log in?

thanks for any help.

btw...i think the superstallion is a good idea to help support the forums. now all we need is a tMS t-shirt.
Old 10/13/04, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

NOOOoooooooOooOooooOOooo, i knew this would happen. This site is just too good to be true. The paid subscription was bound to happen... rats. Brad trust me, i know you deserve all the money in the world but this just stinks.
Old 10/13/04, 03:28 PM
Banned

yea this is b.s. after all the sneak photos, and vids we have done for you, we go to a secret paid section now that the car is out?! thats a total insult
Old 10/13/04, 03:30 PM
GT Member

Who cares? If you don't want to pay $15 then just wait a few weeks and see it on TV.
Old 10/13/04, 03:31 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I think Ive earned my 15 bucks worth here
Old 10/13/04, 03:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I believe the bandwith is the problem here; if the video was public, Brad would have to pay a lot of money.

I would be willing to host the video on my server to make it available to everyone, but I think Brad needs specials like these for the Super Stallions section
Old 10/13/04, 03:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Well you know guys, Brad has not ASKED for anything from us.

He made it - and we came. Now it has become MUCH bigger than he coud have possibly imagined (safe guess there Brad?) He could have been overwhelmed by it and shut it all down, but it's still here.

I appreciate your thought Kevin, but - as you well know, if it is worth having, it is worth paying for!

Just my humble opinion.
Old 10/13/04, 03:37 PM
GT Member

Why not just do google ads so that all of the content can be free? You will probably make more money with google ads than you will with a subscription.
Old 10/13/04, 03:38 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@October 13, 2004, 4:38 PM
Well you know guys, Brad has not ASKED for anything from us.

He made it - and we came. He could have been overwhelmed by it and shut it all down, but it's still here.

I appreciate your thought Kevin, but - as you well know, if it is worth having, it is worth paying for!

Just my humble opinion.
Put up a 'support the site' thread and put a special note in our avitar and I'm there, no problem. But charging for videos are silly when 98% of them have come from the posters, free of charge.
Old 10/13/04, 03:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
THink of it not as charging for the video. Think of it as a motivation and incentive for more people to step up and support the web site. We will all get to see it eventually anyway; Brad is not actually depriving us of anything.

With that said, I very much appreciate the variety of opinions expressed on this board. Kevin, I also believe your participation is a true asset.
Old 10/13/04, 03:49 PM
GT Member

I appreciatively signed up. I am sure I will save many many dollars, as I look to mod, and avoid making costly mistakes.

And, I agree with Kevin. Have a support the site button, and they will come. Pesos for ponies. I would have paid a few more $, in fact. Supporting the site is for eveyone's benefit - - think of the difficulty getting in, at times.

Thanks guys.
Old 10/13/04, 03:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I understand very well why Brad does this Super Stallion stuff. This site is pretty expensive (btw, Brad, do you have any stats on visits etc?), and we all really love it - I will now "upgrade" my donation I made some time ago (Send Brad To Detroit Fund) to become a Super Stallion - although I'm living in Germany and maybe won't ever own a Mustang because you cannot get them here for the nice price like in the U.S. And I'm not doing that because of the video, but because I really think it's fair to donate. I'm visiting this site several times a day and every time I have a good time here, interesting stuff, nice people, no kiddies. And hey, you even get a larger PM inbox (the only thing that is really annoying me here)
Old 10/13/04, 03:51 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Bhead32@October 13, 2004, 3:26 PM
Brad trust me, i know you deserve all the money in the world but this just stinks.
:notnice:
Old 10/13/04, 04:05 PM
Team Mustang Source

Ok folks... I am guess Brad didn't do this as much to get people to become super stallions, as to prevent the server from getting hit too hard... Notice how some of the mods have that themustangsource will be needing a new server soon? Notice that access to this site has been increasingly sporadic in recent weeks? I like having access to the forums, and the 15 second "trailer" is not that big of a deal, certainly not one worth having the server go down for...

But then, I could be completely wrong on this... It's just my guess.
Old 10/13/04, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

$15 to be a Super Stallion. I'm thinking I've gotten 10 to 50 times that in valuable info from this site.

I'm sure he'll leave the teaser there for a couple of days - then release it to the rest of the site.

If you can't afford the $15 - thats cool, just wait for TV. If you can, they great, it helps keep the site up and running. Brad 'probably" isn't Bill Gates......right Brad?

For ANYONE here to give him "poo" over this - that is silly. Quit your female *******!
Old 10/13/04, 04:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I don't have a problem with Brad asking for money to see this. I think it's a good idea. I also think that Brad could, after initial demand, put it on a mirror server ..

I'd really like to see this, but alas, I'm 17 and poor (I work at Ace Hardware for $5.50/hour :scratch: ). It's okay, I'll wait
Old 10/13/04, 04:43 PM
Banned

whatever the case may be....im sure someone will be able to host vids on their site. I am a part of motown muscle and NO ONE has a problem with hosting vids. I understand you need to make your $ but that can be done through creatively dealing with the 05 aftermarket and getting them to pay you for banners. How many people visit this site on a regular basis?! you have to have SOME pull...i mean shoot you got an interview with the head engineer on the mustang.

It worries me greatly that a site such as this, once it becomes successful, turns on the very people who have given it its success. I understand its only 15 bucks but still its the purpose. I come here to supply and gather information on something we are all interested in....its a two way street.

No one was willing to pay amy or myself for the photos we snapped before the car was released.

This site is not to make money...pay for the cost to put up the site and have a member host the vids.

Just voicing my concern
Old 10/13/04, 04:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by USA-Adam@October 13, 2004, 4:37 PM

I'm 17 and poor (I work at Ace Hardware for $5.50/hour :scratch:
5.50/hr. Dang. Thats not even min. wage you getting ripped.
Old 10/13/04, 04:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@October 13, 2004, 4:46 PM
THink of it not as charging for the video. Think of it as a motivation and incentive for more people to step up and support the web site. We will all get to see it eventually anyway; Brad is not actually depriving us of anything.

With that said, I very much appreciate the variety of opinions expressed on this board. Kevin, I also believe your participation is a true asset.
all he has to do is ask

Quick Reply: Download "Cornfield" Commercial Teaser!