Does anyone think thier car may be a target

Search this Thread

Old 1/25/06, 08:34 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand the "hillbilly kids" part.
I live just north of you in Alabaster, we have our share of them up here.
Old 1/25/06, 10:05 AM
TDS
Super Moderator
TMS Staff

April,
Sorry about the e-mail, I thought that you were someone else that I knew in Calera.
Nothing ment by it.
Thanks,
TDS
Old 1/25/06, 12:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
People around me know that I'd deep six them in a blink ! but its only a car not human but I Happen to like this long term arrangement of Shannon never complaining , I only here Dad common lets play hockey !
Old 1/26/06, 03:50 PM
GT Member

My car is a target for cats walking on my hood. Darn cats scratched the hood too! Wish there was a way to hook the hood up to a shock system so it would shock the crap out of them when the jumped on my car.

PS: The alarm system doesn't seem very sensitive.
Old 1/26/06, 04:52 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 1200custom@January 23, 2006, 12:12 AM
I HATE parking lots. I park so far out It's unreal. The really annoying part is when some moron parks inches from my door. I think they do it on purpose. My car is all alone and they have to manuver to get right next to me. Inches away in a near empty lot. It drives me CRAZY !! :ranting:
I like when you park 10 spots away at the grocery store and when you come out ONE moron parks his beat up minivan in the 9th open spot next to you.

Very new hot cars tend to get hit more too, someone can be checking it out in traffic behind you and not pay attention to whats going on and boom.
Old 1/26/06, 06:18 PM
Bullitt Member

So if it's a hit and run, you have reported it to the cops. You also told them that your landlord witnessed it and which neighbor the hit and run driver had contact with. The cops should be able to figure out who the person is. Just give them some time.
Old 1/26/06, 06:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

I keep my car in my garage. When I'm parked in a lot, I have the car within visual range. I also make sure to store/conceal all electronic equipment in my car before exiting. When I go to a mall or grocery store with the Mustang and I cannot view the car, I come out to check on it periodically. When I go to the shore, I refuse to park in the public "paying" lots. First, because the rates are outrageous and I can find a spot just as close in the neighborhoods. Secondly, there is much less of a chance for a ding/vandilism in a nice shore neighborhood with nosy old people sitting outside on their porches. I refuse to take the car into areas known for violence/theft (like Seaside Heights, here in NJ). The two places I don't like going with the Mustang are amusement parks and the movie theater, as the car is left sitting unattended for hours at a time. I'm also considering purchasing one of those "beeper alarms" where a pager goes off if your car alarm is set off. Anyone know where I could get a good beeper/remote alarm??

That being said, I do realize that you can only go so far in protecting your car, that there's a point where you cause yourself more heartache by worrying about the car. As long as I do everything I can (within reason) to protect my car, I can enjoy myself and not worry about the car. For instance, if I'm eating in a restaurant and I go to the bathroom, I lose sight of my car for a few minutes. If I come back out and the car is vandilized, yeah I'll be pissed, but I won't smack myself in the head and blame myself. It's just the world we live in. Course if I caught the little bas**rds, that would be a different story...
Old 1/26/06, 06:52 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by GottaHaveIt@January 25, 2006, 4:01 PM
People around me know that I'd deep six them in a blink ! but its only a car not human but I Happen to like this long term arrangement of Shannon never complaining , I only here Dad common lets play hockey !
:scratch: :scratch:
Old 1/26/06, 07:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Trampus@January 26, 2006, 9:21 PM
So if it's a hit and run, you have reported it to the cops. You also told them that your landlord witnessed it and which neighbor the hit and run driver had contact with. The cops should be able to figure out who the person is. Just give them some time.
LOL don't count on the cops... my mother had a drunk driver plow into the BASEMENT OF HER HOUSE. Even though the car was pulled out of the side of her house and the cops had the owner's house address, she claimed someone else took her keys and she doesn't know who drove her car, so it's considered a "cold case." Nothing is being done about it. Meanwhile, my mother is stuck with the insurance deductable/increased homeowner's insurance premiums, plus the constant fight to get the masonry/heating/plumbing/electrical/support beam work up to snuff. Insurance companies love to cut corners.

Her only hope is to sue the car owner's insurance company, and that could take decades. When you have no eye witnesses to a vehicular crime, it's very tough to get cops to do much of anything. (at least in Lakewood, NJ)

My advice to you is that if the landlord saw the car, ask her the make/model/color. Then, when you see the car again, have a friendly chat with the guy/girl. Casually mention your car and the incident. Mention what you'd like to do to the person(s) if you ever caught them (legally, physically, whatever - just let your mind fantasize, lol). Watch your subject's reactions closely. Most people have a tough time covering up their guilt. If they look away, start to shuffle their feet, chatter nervously, act aggressive/defensive, or try to end the conversation for no apparent reason, you have your man/woman. The rest is up to you.
Old 1/27/06, 05:04 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

My car lives in the garage.
If I go out, I park her by other nice cars or mustangs.Or park at the ends of parking lots when I get real lucky.

I avoid SUVS and Redneckmobiles at all costs.

The only parking lot injury I sustained was a door handle ding at Six Flags last summer.
Old 1/27/06, 03:07 PM
V6 Member

I have LOJAK and it has the "option" of adding on beeper/email/cellphone contact if someone tries to get your car. I am definitely going to add it on to mine.

Joe