2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Does the '05 make you 'feel' something?

Search this Thread

Old 11/23/04, 12:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am in my mid 30's. I just never found the time to get a car that was just 4 me. I always drove the "hand me down" sedan. By the time I got around to buying a car it had to be a practical family car. I been through 4 of those so far. I have been into cars since I can remember. I also remember when I was 10 and my uncles were about 20 they each had 66 coupes in white. One with blue interior and one with red interior. I used to be in heaven when they took me for a ride. When I was 14 my brother had a red 68 coupe. I don't know why I never bought it when he sold it for $2000 right before my 17th birthday. It was so cool to be in that car. Every one commented on how nice that car was. It was me who kept it clean for a few bucks a wash.

This car has that appeal. My wife in the last 9 years has grown sick of me talking about cars. I even toyed around with the idea of building a factory five cobra, but I just do not have the time. She knows that I am dead serious now with the 2005. We also both know that the timing is not right.

This is the car. I will own a mustang with this body style. Whether it is new or used, coupe or vert. At some point my day will come with this car.

I am the ultimate "Stangdreamer"
Old 11/23/04, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Since I was practically raised in the back seat of the 1966 Fastback I own now, its safe to assume I'm a veteran Mustang enthusiast. Having that fastback as my own now is very important to me and in the next few years, getting the 05+ body is a growing passion. However, I have current responsibilities that push that out to around 2008/09/10. But, I have the low mileage 99 GT and will be restoring the 66 over the next few years. And then I can pick up that Cobra or equivalent I want. It all very nostalgic to me.
Btw, the 66 is black and so will the next Mustang I own.
-Jason
Old 11/23/04, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah it makes me feel something, every time i look at that flat "EURO" hood
I feel like i wanna throw up!
Old 11/23/04, 01:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

I've always had a special place in my heart for Mustangs. My father had a couple different ones, 66 and 68FB(I think), when I was a little kid and I loved to go for rides in them. When we moved to the desert in Cali, my dad would take my brother and I out to dry lake beds and do donuts, which I thought was way cool, and on occasion "race" a train. ever since then I've wanted a classic mustang, and came close to buying a couple of times. But, with it being my sole mode of transportation, I never found one at the right time that I could afford. In '92 ,as newlyweds and me just joining the Navy, my wife and I bought a 92 LX 5.0 that I loved. But, 8 months later, I was single and needed to drop my payments and an emotional tie. ever since then I've looked at the Mustangs, but never had a desire to buy one. I always told my wife(new one) that I didn't want a car that every punk in town was driving. The body styles just didn't do it for me, it really did seem like too many punks were driving them around, and I needed/wanted more practical and comfortable vehicles. My new car search included everything from Minis to Magnums. However, when the pics of the 05 Stang came out I told my wife to stop stressing about what vehicle I was going to buy. Because no matter what I said, I wouldn't pull the trigger on anything until the 05 was out. As summer was winding down in August I finally let my wife know that we were ordering an 05 in September. I had always said that I wish they would just update the 60's body style and if they did, I'd buy it. Well, they did, and I'm buying. I hope that my kids can look back in 20 years and think fondly of their daddy's Mustang and the good times they had. Who knows, I may love this thing so much that one of them will be driving it. I can only hope.

Jason
Old 11/23/04, 01:43 PM
Cobra Member

It's all the pasted old ones I owned and this one is all of them and much more. I would give up my Cobra if need be just to have this 05 GT. The wife and I are both geekedup about this car. It is too bad winter is bearing down on the north. The GT will just sit in garage looking brand new until spring next to the Cobra. Were so caught up wanting to drive the car and yet we want it to stay like new. There is no way shes going out in snow, ice and salt or rain for that matter.

Really pleased with this Mustang GT, I hope it proves to be a great one mechanically also.
Old 11/23/04, 04:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Badsnke98@November 23, 2004, 2:46 PM
The GT will just sit in garage looking brand new until spring next to the Cobra.
Oooooooooooooh... an '05 Mustang AND a Cobra?

Good for you! :worship:
Old 11/23/04, 05:02 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
wish my dad was as into mustangs as much as some of you guys and/or your dads are he's a BMW man himself. funny how life threw him a wild card (me). actually, two wild cards (my yunger bro wants a '69 cougar).