2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Do We Do It For The Attention?

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/05, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by rrobello@October 3, 2005, 1:23 AM
attention is great and I will never get enough of it, but I modded for the speed, there is no such thing as too much power or too fast, ok back to modding the car now
I would never have guessed it.
Old 10/3/05, 09:49 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not too many comments or looks from around here.But I don't care.I love driving it at looking at it as I sit in my garage drinking my favorite brew.
Old 10/4/05, 06:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by backafter20@October 2, 2005, 9:08 AM
My wife ran into Wal-Mart the other day, and I just stayed in the car, parked illegally along the front of the building. In the ten minutes she was in there, four different groups/families of people stopped to comment and compliment on the car!
:bang: the attention you get parked there is of the local PD and FD. technically you can be given a $50 ticket even if ya havent exited the car. all they have to do is catch ya there. not a good idea :notnice:
Old 10/4/05, 12:26 PM
Cobra Member

I'm with you Rich. Parking in front of a store is a no no in my book if it's illigal. Why not park legally and walk the distance. I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but people are just to lazy these days. My 36 year old wife had a hip replacement last year and we really look down on those who have the good body parts and make the lazy decisions that they make. I'm not saying this is you backafter20 since I don't know you, I'm just speaking about the other people that do this.

Here's an example from last year. I came out of a Caribou Coffee shop last year and three teenagers got out of there Bad azz stupid looking pickup truck parked in a handicap zone. I said to the driver, "Nice parking". She said, "Kiss my fat hiney! Oh wait, your's looks bigger than mine." God I wanted to slap her. But I just said that's nice, got in my car and left. What are we coming too?
Old 10/4/05, 07:23 PM
Bullitt Member

I like the stares and compliments, but I don't look for them. I just love the ride. It feels so cool!
Old 10/4/05, 08:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by backafter20@October 2, 2005, 9:08 AM
This is the first car that I have modified. I did it because I love the old classic Mustangs and wanted something that said "unique" or "instant classic". That is what I got, but I also got something I didn't expect: Attention. Lots of it. I can't go anywhere without getting compliments on my car. My wife ran into Wal-Mart the other day, and I just stayed in the car, parked illegally along the front of the building. In the ten minutes she was in there, four different groups/families of people stopped to comment and compliment on the car! I can't get gas without the same thing. My favorite comment that I've gotten several times is "Oh....My....God!!" Makes you feel special! The thing is, I kinda like it. I'm almost getting to where I expect it. On those rare occasions where no one notices me or even gives a thumbs up, I'm rather disappointed. I know there will come a time soon when I am no longer unique or special, and most attention will stop, but right now, I like my "attention fix". I love my car whether anyone else does or not, but I was wondering whether the attention could be a motivation for some of us to mod their car? I may have already become an Attention Junky. For those to whom modding is a hobby, whad'ya think?

It's a matter of personality. I love modding my stang for many reasons. The main one? Set it apart from a stock GT, let alone any other car on the street.

I love to have something others don't ( ). It just makes me feel good when I have something standing out from a crowd of daily cars (whether it be a $3,000 oldie or a $300,000 Ferrari doesn't matter.) I don't do it to get attention, nor am I screaming out " I'm an ATTENTION girl of ill repute!" No no no...it's all about individuality.

Modding is also something I see as an "improvement" for the car itself. I love my modded look, and wouldn't even really think about reverting back to stock.

And...people look a lot. And ask a lot. And give you thumbs up, a lot. And smile a lot. And the chicks love it, a lot. Oh well....I'll stop now eace:
Old 10/4/05, 08:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

$50 for just sitting there? Wow. The local police are missing out on a great fund raiser here! I agree with the comments on taking advantage of parking priveledges and being lazy. We have Hit-N-Runs here, which I understand are not common across the country. It's basically a drive-thru QT or gas station-convenience shop where you can order a fountain soda, pack of cigs, and a candy bar without leaving your vehicle. The line is always a mile long and takes much longer than just going in and getting what you want. I am always amazed at those lazy people waiting in line. As far as Wal-Mart goes, the illegal parking I spoke of is in the fire lane, reserved in case of emergencies, not a handicapped zone. As long as the store is open, the fire lanes here are full of customers sitting in their cars waiting on someone who will "just be in there a minute". Occasionally, someone will leave their cars unattended there, which I would never do. In this case my wife actually was in there only a few minutes (gasp!), and the store was so busy that I had to wait to get even that spot! Believe me, it's not my normal parking spot, and I left the engine running. The Police ignore this group, which I guess is why they do it.
Old 10/4/05, 08:31 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

For the adoration of course.........

And cause I Am an attention hog.

But more importantly- I am ***** to the wall in love with my car.
Old 10/4/05, 09:51 PM
GTR Member

Originally posted by Route 66@October 4, 2005, 2:29 PM
I'm with you Rich. Parking in front of a store is a no no in my book if it's illigal. Why not park legally and walk the distance. I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but people are just to lazy these days. My 36 year old wife had a hip replacement last year and we really look down on those who have the good body parts and make the lazy decisions that they make. I'm not saying this is you backafter20 since I don't know you, I'm just speaking about the other people that do this.

Here's an example from last year. I came out of a Caribou Coffee shop last year and three teenagers got out of there Bad azz stupid looking pickup truck parked in a handicap zone. I said to the driver, "Nice parking". She said, "Kiss my fat hiney! Oh wait, your's looks bigger than mine." God I wanted to slap her. But I just said that's nice, got in my car and left. What are we coming too?
Teenagers are always doing stupid things. I wouldn't even give those little zits the time of day.Not worth it IMO
Old 10/5/05, 12:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Boltzman@October 4, 2005, 9:54 PM
Teenagers are always doing stupid things. I wouldn't even give those little zits the time of day.Not worth it IMO
It sucks how the actions of a few idiots that are my same age really generalizes all of us young guys...

I'm a teenager...I don't do stupid things, especially like that! But I know what you mean, some of my friends are big time hineyes. Stories stories stories....
Old 10/5/05, 05:15 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Hmmm I just quit a job in a roundabout way over my car.

I got a part time job at a retail store for the discount and some fun money. Apparently people who work in retail work there for money and "real" jobs.

I rolled up in Ellie- LORD the hades I caught. Fancy yellow car, expensive car, how do you afford a car like that, You name it. I caught much abuse.

I figured I didn't need that kind of attention and walked out.

BUT I do so love to be out on the road and enjoy the adulation of everyone. Down here not so many of them are yellow- mostly reds and blacks etc.

Right now my hubby is driving her for the week in Orlando- he now knows what a rush it is to drive a mustang. I think he loves her. Unfortunately the "second" mustang of our dreams has not yet spoken to us.

Eleanor came off the truck- and she spoke to me, I knew I hada have her.

Meanwhile I have been driving my old alero around- what a humbler I tell you .
Old 10/5/05, 09:32 AM
FR500 Member

Modding a car is all about making it unique and like nothing out there on the road. That's going to naturally make it stand out among a crowd. And sure, I like the attention... I like driving my car around and getting stares, thumbs up, even girls flirting with me... but for me, it's all about being different. Not so much so to stand out, but because I have never been one to follow the norm. You can compare modding a car to tattoos, of which I have a few. 99% of people will never see my tattoos. It has nothing to do with attention. It's about doing something to your body (or your car) that makes you (or it) different than everyone else. And, in both cases, meaningful to you.
Old 10/5/05, 09:59 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by GhostGT@October 4, 2005, 7:10 PM
It's a matter of personality. I love modding my stang for many reasons. The main one? Set it apart from a stock GT, let alone any other car on the street.

I love to have something others don't ( ). It just makes me feel good when I have something standing out from a crowd of daily cars (whether it be a $3,000 oldie or a $300,000 Ferrari doesn't matter.) I don't do it to get attention, nor am I screaming out " I'm an ATTENTION girl of ill repute!" No no no...it's all about individuality.

Modding is also something I see as an "improvement" for the car itself. I love my modded look, and wouldn't even really think about reverting back to stock.

And...people look a lot. And ask a lot. And give you thumbs up, a lot. And smile a lot. And the chicks love it, a lot. Oh well....I'll stop now eace:
girl of ill repute?! LMAO. Ha ha ha. Sometime these language filters are a scream.

High Output Automatic Racer. Take that, filters!