2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you get the call yet?

Search this Thread

Old 3/2/05, 06:56 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I received 2 calls yesterday from a VP of Ford Marketing. He wanted to know who I was, what I ordered, who I ordered it from and when I ordered. He also wanted my order number. He did not say why he was calling, other than to verify my order. He did say they were looking into all the longstanding retail orders. i told him from reading the boards that there are a lot of folks who ordered as far back as October who've not received their new ride.
Anyway, he calls back later and tells me mine should be built late April or early May, which will put it about 6 months from the time I ordered. So much for the 10 to 12 weeks! What can I say? I told him I appreciated the info. He told me thanks for my patience.

Now, after talking with a guy who works in another capacity for Ford, he told me Ford is investigating all the bogus retail orders some dealerships across the land have flooded the order banks with. My conclusion: lots of us have had to wait, not just because of the IUP situation, but because of this massive bogus glut of retail orders some dealerships have packed into the system. There has got to be a better way people! As for the slimeball dealerships who've done this - thanks a bunch - lower than a snake's belly, or an attorney, whichever you prefer!
Old 3/2/05, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

With the number of cars that have been ordered, it will take some time before Ford can get to everyone. But yes I wish I would get the call and I hope like you I can find out something about my car.
Old 3/2/05, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

I have one on order, and have not received any calls.
Old 3/2/05, 08:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aha, so dealers are entering bogus orders into the system in an attempt to get more of this high demand car onto their lot. Of course, this makes anyone with a legit order wait longer and there is no way for Ford to know the difference.

For quite some time Ford has fought for the ability to pull franchises from dealers whose business "philospophy" does not match their own, but the courts keep blocking most of these efforts saying it violates anti-trust laws. Perhaps this will give Ford a little more ammunition in the fight.

For TMS members, if Ford calls you regarding your Mustang order please note that working with them could help fix this problem and possibly improve the dealer body. Just make certain it is Ford you are talking to.
Old 3/2/05, 09:27 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by jsaylor@March 2, 2005, 9:43 AM
Aha, so dealers are entering bogus orders into the system in an attempt to get more of this high demand car onto their lot. Of course, this makes anyone with a legit order wait longer and there is no way for Ford to know the difference.

For quite some time Ford has fought for the ability to pull franchises from dealers whose business "philospophy" does not match their own, but the courts keep blocking most of these efforts saying it violates anti-trust laws. Perhaps this will give Ford a little more ammunition in the fight.

For TMS members, if Ford calls you regarding your Mustang order please note that working with them could help fix this problem and possibly improve the dealer body. Just make certain it is Ford you are talking to.

I think it's great they're checking....hopefully it'll speed things up. I'm curious who you think might call other than Ford?
Old 3/2/05, 10:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by outdoorstom@March 2, 2005, 11:30 AM
I think it's great they're checking....hopefully it'll speed things up. I'm curious who you think might call other than Ford?
If a dealer is unscrupulous enough to place bogus orders, and some are far more unscrupulous than that, they could be unscrupulous enough to sell your personal info to somebody else. Not likely, but stranger things have happened and identity theft is always a concern.
Old 3/2/05, 11:18 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Good point isaylor, never considered that.
Old 3/2/05, 02:55 PM
V6 Member

The guy never asked for SS#, address or anything like that. I was skeptical, so I called my dealer immediately afterwards to make sure it was legit. My guy said yes, indeed, he had to send in all info about any retail orders they had on the new Mustang (I think i am one of a whopping total of three!) and that he was not surprised that i had been called. My dealer has nothing to worry about, but i can think of some here in KC that I could see placing bogus orders...
Old 3/2/05, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by KUcurt@March 2, 2005, 3:58 PM
The guy never asked for SS#, address or anything like that. I was skeptical, so I called my dealer immediately afterwards to make sure it was legit. My guy said yes, indeed, he had to send in all info about any retail orders they had on the new Mustang (I think i am one of a whopping total of three!) and that he was not surprised that i had been called. My dealer has nothing to worry about, but i can think of some here in KC that I could see placing bogus orders...
May have asked you this before, but who did you order through?
Old 3/3/05, 05:37 AM
V6 Member

Crow-Moddie Ford near Emporia...
Old 3/7/05, 07:07 PM
Cobra Member

They said that was a problem when I talked to the regional manager a few weeks back. I guess my complaining did something!
Old 3/7/05, 07:36 PM

Wonder if this follows what my dealer told me today, Ford was checking on old orders from small dealers who have been left out of the allocation process. He said mine was on hold for approx. 45 days (May) so they could concentrate on small dealers' order.
Old 3/8/05, 06:12 AM
V6 Member

That is good news - cuz I am in that boat, too!
Old 3/8/05, 06:24 PM
V6 Member

[SIZE=7]Hey guys, and girls. I was wondering how big of gap is between the build date and the delivery date . If there is another topic i should check out please correct me. My build date is for next week. Appreciate and help.
Old 3/9/05, 07:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Let me get this stright. He called you and wanted to know who you were. Then he wanted to know what you ordered, when and from who?
So he didnt know squat but he wanted to verify it?

It just doesnt sound right.
Old 3/9/05, 07:35 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by treymdaisy@March 8, 2005, 7:27 PM
[SIZE=7]Hey guys, and girls. I was wondering how big of gap is between the build date and the delivery date . If there is another topic i should check out please correct me. My build date is for next week. Appreciate and help.

The Teamsters have 20 days by contract to deliver the car to the dealership.
Sometimes things happen though (weather, etc). You can guestimate 5-25 days from built date unless your car gets stuck in a quality check.

Clear as mud?
Old 3/9/05, 07:46 AM
V6 Member

DarthBob, that is right. His name was John Bodenmuller (sp). I was a little skeptical, so I called my dealership. My guy told me that they had to send copies of any retail orders they had so that Ford could verify that the retail order was legitimate. I connected that with a few comments form the forums about some dealers placing false retail orders so that they could get cars to fill out their lots. That is as I understand it.
Old 3/10/05, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was contacted by Jim McAulliff (sp). Really a nice guy. We talked for approx 45 minutes. I was told that my car would be built in April. I beleive him, at least I hope I can.
Old 3/10/05, 01:36 PM
V6 Member

Jwede, that is good to hear that we in the middle of the country are getting some attention. The MCA national Mustang show is going to be at Corporate Woods in Overland Park this June, so it would be great to roll in in our new 'Stangs! If they are built in April, when can we honestly expect delivery to our dealers?
Old 3/10/05, 01:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

I would say early to mid May. I just hope this guy isn't feeding my a line. I sent an email to a fairly high up guy within Ford and this guy called me the next day. I didn't get axactly what I wanted to hear, but close.