2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Developing Good Client Relationships

Search this Thread

Old 10/13/05, 11:12 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
I posted much of this in the Scott's review thread on Brad's Source Horse. Scott got to enjoy Brad's pony on the way to SVOPauls place. Thought I would drop the experience here too for those who might not have caught the other thread.

I am pretty much set up mechanically like Brad's except I stayed with the 17" bullitts. I have not had an opportunity to take her more than 90 mph. But she is smooth, responsive - and predictable - throughout the performance envelope. In the big chair, you experience a level of confidence almost impossible to find in any previous factory Mustang.

I have also enjoyed sharing mine with trustworthy folks. At a shoot yesterday, our account exec, who is a Mustang fan, mentioned my new car to the clients. (Guess what I drove to the shoot that day instead of the company vehicle.) Some folks simply remark how nice that is. But some folks just light up, as you well know. They "get it." And our clients, two really great folks named Danielle and Ryan, asked for a ride.

After the shoot they came out and found my pod case and cam case actually do fit (barely) in a Mustang convertible trunk! Then I looked at Danielle and asked, "Can you drive a stick?" You could tell the question made her day.

It was cloudy and a bit cool, but she is a good sport and wanted the top down anyway. We dropped the top, Ryan started at shotgun, I took the rear seat and we were off.

They were both totally amazed by the S197. We talked and talked about everything this pony does so well. The adored the interior and all the retro nods. I also encouraged her to not be shy with my Mustang. And she wasn't!

We stopped for a refuel, and Danielle and Ryan swapped seats. Ryan just could not believe the smoothness and feedback these Mustangs provide.

We finally returned to their offices about 5:05pm. I had been "developing good client relationships" with them in my Mustang for about 90 minutes!

And it was almost as much fun to be in the back seat seeing and hearing how much they loved this car. It is such a treat. People are just amazed when you offer them the key. This car just makes folks smile.

Ford, when you get them right, you do not mess around!
Old 10/13/05, 11:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent story Jon
Old 10/13/05, 12:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Paris MkVI@October 13, 2005, 1:15 PM
And it was almost as much fun to be in the back seat seeing and hearing how much they loved this car. It is such a treat. People are just amazed when you offer them the key. This car just makes folks smile.
I love sitting in the passenger/rear myself. It's just fun to get a different point of view and hear and feel the car from a different location. I can count the number of people that I have let drive my car over the past year on 1 hand (minus 2 fingers). My mom (who stalled it twice and gave up), my dad, and 1 gearhead co-worker.
Old 10/13/05, 12:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I have let many people drive my Stang....of course I was always in the car at the time. I get great satisfaction out of watching them have such a blast! They are always totally blown away by the power and handling.
Old 10/14/05, 01:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Danielle was surprised (as was I initially) by how little steering input the S197 requires. A little steering wheel goes a long way.