2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealers Just Not Cooperating!

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/05, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

I've been looking all over for a V6 premium vert, redfire with tan interior/top but have not been able to find one. One of local ford dealers said they would find one for me and did. Problem is, the dealer that has the car I want will only trade for a GT, which they don't have and won't do. But, while I was there, I saw a Sonic Blue that looked beautiful! So I have a few questions for you guys. Just looking for some opinions.

1. I've read some people here have switched from redfire to sonic blue. Those with sonic blue, how do you like it? The one I saw looked awesome, but I've never owned a blue car before.

2. How long will the '05 vert allocation last? What are my chances of finding the redfire/tan combo here in town in the next couple of months.

I think I've made my decision and might go with the sonic blue. I really liked the one I saw. The one they have coming in has the light graphite interior so it won't be quite as hot as the dark interior in the summer.

Thanks for reading and offering your opinions!
Old 4/6/05, 08:07 PM
GT Member

I think the darker Sonic Blue is gorgeous with the lighter grey interior. I say go for it if its available. But color is a very personal choice. Only you can really decide.
Old 4/6/05, 08:09 PM
GT Member

I love the sonic blue color compared to the others. I think it looks the best with the drk charcoal interior though
Old 4/6/05, 09:01 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
It would probably help if we knew where "here in town" was.
I'm sure someone on here could find you one. I know there's a Torch Red, Screaming Yellow and a Legend Lime V6 vert here at the dealer I pass by every day going to work. Just like the coupes, a V6 vert isn't THAT hard to find.
Old 4/6/05, 11:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by cabobrian@April 6, 2005, 6:34 PM
I've been looking all over for a V6 premium vert, redfire with tan interior/top but have not been able to find one. One of local ford dealers said they would find one for me and did. Problem is, the dealer that has the car I want will only trade for a GT, which they don't have and won't do. But, while I was there, I saw a Sonic Blue that looked beautiful! So I have a few questions for you guys. Just looking for some opinions.

1. I've read some people here have switched from redfire to sonic blue. Those with sonic blue, how do you like it? The one I saw looked awesome, but I've never owned a blue car before.

2. How long will the '05 vert allocation last? What are my chances of finding the redfire/tan combo here in town in the next couple of months.

I think I've made my decision and might go with the sonic blue. I really liked the one I saw. The one they have coming in has the light graphite interior so it won't be quite as hot as the dark interior in the summer.

Thanks for reading and offering your opinions!
I own a 2005 Mustang GT with the Sonic Blue and light graphite interior and I'm happy with the color combination I chose when I ordered the car
Old 4/7/05, 02:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Stay with the Redfire. I ordered Sonic Blue and switched to Redfire after seeing the blue on a cloudy day and it looked purple :notnice: and I don't like purple..just me but Redfire is a beautiful color
Old 4/7/05, 04:19 AM
Cobra R Member

From the dealer and most people I have seen, say the redfire is the most beautiful color of the bunch. Dealer said they hadnt gotten a redfire, yet, but when mine came in they couldnt stop people from asking about it. They really loved the color the best out of the rest they had ordered. I really love it. It is nice and dark, and also has the metal flake in it. So on a sunny day and a clean car , I dont think you will find a better color out there. good luck on whatever you decide. Mine took 18 weeks to get.
Old 4/7/05, 06:15 AM
V6 Member

Brian, I don't know where your at but the car your looking for is in Gadsden Alabama at Ronnie Watkins Ford, I looked at it Sunday. It has leather int.
Old 4/7/05, 07:09 AM

Thanks for the opinions!

I'm in Kansas City. I've checked with most all the dealers around town and asked about what they have coming in. Can't seem to find the redfire/tan combo. Lots of redfire with dark charcoal and black top, though.
Old 4/7/05, 10:56 AM
GT Member

What time of day/night did you look at the Sonic blue. If it
was at night under the lights at the dealer, you better have
a second look in the day time.

The first time I saw a Sonic Blue Gt was at night, I thought it
was the most beautiful color I had ever seen on a Mustang, but
when I went back during the day and discovered it was purple
under many lighting conditions, I quickly changed my mind.

Sorry to all the Sonic owners out there, not trying to bash your
cars, just my opinion.
Old 4/7/05, 11:02 AM
Cobra Member

All I can say is I haven't had any problems with Redfire. Neither has anyone else who has seen the car or had to privilege of riding with me. I’ve only seen one or two Sonics, but I can’t really go into detail as I haven’t spent as long with them.
Old 4/7/05, 11:35 AM
V6 Member

The Sonic Blue is a little too bright for my taste; I think it would look better a darker blue.

I wish they had a dark green satin metallic. That would be sweet.

The Redfire with a white stripe looks extremely hot.