2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer called and said OUT OF COLORED GAUGES

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/04 | 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Mike McRann@November 11, 2004, 10:28 PM
I posted this message when this thread opened and as of this evening nobody has answered my question so I'd like to ask again-

I ordered my 05 Mustang GT (Premium) w/IUP on 10/20, order processed same day. Dealer told me I had a build date of 10/27 which was incorrect as my car was on a TEMP DELAY as of last Friday.
The last thing I heard from someone on another Mustang site that looked up my VIN said it was scheduled to be build but was unable to get a date for me.

Now I find out from this thread that Ford is out of parts for MYCOLOR and due to that customers may have to wait between six months to one year to get their cars if they want MYCOLOR.
What I'm trying to find out is if my car will be affected by this problem, or will I get my car w/ the full IUP package?

I called my dealer yesterday and told him my car was on a delay (he said, no it's being built) and asked about this problem (shortage of IUP/MYCOLOR) and if my car was affected and he said he didn't know, but he would find out and get back to me, and as of today I havn't heard from him.

this is my VIN-1ZVHT82H355127389

Thanks for all your help
If you ordered a GT (which i see you did) then you will get the IUP. Your car was probably put on temp delay while it was awaiting parts for the IUP. Once the parts are available then it will be scheduled and built. 6 months...a long wait but maybe, 1 year...no way.
Old 11/12/04 | 07:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Geez...shaddup already! Some of us are not even in positions to order one yet. At least y'all are in line already.

Ford/Delphi screwed up. Live with it. Go buy a GTO if you want a car now. If you want something in one minute, go microwave a burrito.
Old 11/12/04 | 09:16 AM
GTR Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@November 12, 2004, 9:39 AM
Geez...shaddup already! Some of us are even in positions to order one yet. At least y'all are in line already.

Ford/Delphi screwed up. Live with it. Go buy a GTO if you want a car now. If you want something in one minute, go microwave a burrito.
Easy, people are just voicing their opinions.
Old 11/12/04 | 10:09 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by mr-mstng@November 12, 2004, 11:19 AM
Easy, people are just voicing their opinions.
Yes. And that's mine. :P

IUP delay is in the faq...how many "IUP delay" threads do you need???
Old 11/12/04 | 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I made a call today to try and sway myself into buying an 05 while upside down on my 04...
Here is the scoop the sales manager tells me, after he said he spoke to the home office this morning.
As of right now, current orders with the IUP are being filled as well as possible, then the MYCOLOR may be completley disconinued! He compaired it to the 64 1/2 models that had the generator as opposed to an altenator in the 65s. He tells me that Ford is toying around with dropping the option completley as the company that provides it has been poor at best for supplying the requested materials.
So those of you that have it already, hold on to your pony, it may end up to be a collector! For the rest of us, we should know in about 6 months whether they ditch the whole idea or not.
Old 11/12/04 | 11:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

that's an interesting rumor
Old 11/12/04 | 11:36 AM
Team Mustang Source

To anyone who ordered a GT with IUP, do what I do - skip these posts!
Old 11/12/04 | 11:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by MTAS@November 12, 2004, 12:39 PM
To anyone who ordered a GT with IUP, do what I do - skip these posts!
yes, and i see that you skipped it very well.
Old 11/12/04 | 12:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

lmao...dammit I did it again LOL
Old 11/12/04 | 02:22 PM

Hey I just ordered my GT last night and the salesman said nothing about a delay or anything, but now im nervous as im reading these posts they told me i would get it by February i cant wait, and yes i ordered it w/ the interior uprgrade package.
Old 11/12/04 | 08:43 PM

I ordered my Redfire V-6 with the IUP at the begining of the summer. Because of the
IUP shortage, my car is on Material Hold. My dealer has tried to get word from Ford on
how long the delay will be. He called today and told me that Ford said the delay was "indefinite". I told him that I wait for what I want, but others on the Mustang forums
were getting very angry at Ford. My dealer doesn't seem pleased with the situation
either or that I seem to know more than him about what is going on. I think he wants
Ford to level with him too.

Mark C.
Old 11/13/04 | 10:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

IMO - Until there is an OFFICIAL STATEMENT from Ford to the dealers that the IUP is going to be discontinued, then I am still expecting it to show p installed on the GT I ordered. If there is really going to be a six month or more delay, then I would think Ford is getting to a "critical mass" point and will have to get the same word out to them. I think those sales people who are legitimately concerned about their customers are trying to get answers but in good faith, sometimes stating assumptions. This is/was a big marketing point. In the meantime, misery loves company, and I will continue to check this thread - albeit probably weekly.
Old 11/13/04 | 10:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by ItsNotABulliT@November 12, 2004, 10:04 AM
I made a call today to try and sway myself into buying an 05 while upside down on my 04...
Here is the scoop the sales manager tells me, after he said he spoke to the home office this morning.
As of right now, current orders with the IUP are being filled as well as possible, then the MYCOLOR may be completley disconinued! He compaired it to the 64 1/2 models that had the generator as opposed to an altenator in the 65s. He tells me that Ford is toying around with dropping the option completley as the company that provides it has been poor at best for supplying the requested materials.
So those of you that have it already, hold on to your pony, it may end up to be a collector! For the rest of us, we should know in about 6 months whether they ditch the whole idea or not.
That would be a pain in the hiney to have them discontinue this MY Color option. What happens when the one in the car goes bonkers....???? Big Bucks to fix? Or maybe no fix at all? Personally, I don't like being kept in the dark at all on this IUP dilemma any more than the next guy/gal. Ford needs to be telling the dealerships EXACTLY what's going on......not a bunch of song-and-dance (Yada-Yada-Yada)