2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Dealer called and said OUT OF COLORED GAUGES

Search this Thread

Old 11/10/04 | 04:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Hey brad- Call ford and have them have a Ford rep reply on this forum . That's the least ford can do for us. What a few thousand potential buyers just from this web site. Ford rep better get on this forum real soon before orders start turning into cancelations.</span>
Old 11/10/04 | 04:37 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Originally posted by maucoin65@November 10, 2004, 5:17 PM
Brad? Karpo? Kevinb? Can someone answer the following:

1. Is this just on the V-6, or all including the GTs?

2. Can you get everything in the IUP except the MyColor?
Here is the lowdown (i'll add this to the FAQ as well)

The IUP is either on hold/no longer available on V6's (not quite sure)

On the GT, IUP is available, albeit with potential delays.

to make up for this there are now two different interior upgrade options:

Interior Sport Appearance Package (IUP Lite)

- Leather Steering Wheel
- Brushed Aluminum Spokes
- Leather wrapped/Aluminum Shifter accents (Standard/Auto)

Interior Upgrade Package

- Same as in the order guide

Now, IUP lite isn't that bad IF you can live without MyColor. The aluminum strip across the dash looks like a simple install and will probably be available in the aftermarket.

What has happened, because they underestimated demand, is the supplier cannot ramp up in time to meet demand. Perhaps they will be able to re-offer the full IUP on the V6 in a few months, but I am not sure on that.
Old 11/10/04 | 04:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Galaxie+November 10, 2004, 5:40 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Galaxie @ November 10, 2004, 5:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-maucoin65@November 10, 2004, 5:17 PM
Brad? Karpo? Kevinb? Can someone answer the following:

1. Is this just on the V-6, or all including the GTs?

2. Can you get everything in the IUP except the MyColor?
Here is the lowdown (i'll add this to the FAQ as well)

The IUP is either on hold/no longer available on V6's (not quite sure)

On the GT, IUP is available, albeit with potential delays.

to make up for this there are now two different interior upgrade options:

Interior Sport Appearance Package (IUP Lite)

- Leather Steering Wheel
- Brushed Aluminum Spokes
- Leather wrapped/Aluminum Shifter accents (Standard/Auto)

Interior Upgrade Package

- Same as in the order guide

Now, IUP lite isn't that bad IF you can live without MyColor. The aluminum strip across the dash looks like a simple install and will probably be available in the aftermarket.

What has happened, because they underestimated demand, is the supplier cannot ramp up in time to meet demand. Perhaps they will be able to re-offer the full IUP on the V6 in a few months, but I am not sure on that. [/b][/quote]
It's all or nothin for me. im not paying $27000 for missing parts. Ford can kiss my butt.
Old 11/10/04 | 05:06 PM
V6 Member

It seems that if it is not one thing it is another. I personally would wait to get all the options I want. If I had one on order and they said the IUP is not available I would wait. What's next, I could see this Ford has run out of Torch Red paint and due to this reason there will be no more Torch Red Mustangs until 2006.
Old 11/10/04 | 05:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah! What he said!
Old 11/10/04 | 05:36 PM
V6 Member

I'm with what you said Muzzy. I ordered my Mustang GT this past Saturday. If I get that call about having a shortage on the MyColorGauges, I'm going to tell them exactly what I told the same salesman when he was trying to get a car already in production with all the specifics I asked for EXCEPT for the standard "Cragar" style rims, I said nope, that won't cut it. I'm going to stick to my guns on this issue also, if it even is an issue. By the way, does anyone know what the normal turnaround is for ordering the car and when it would start building on an estimated timeframe? I ordered mine this past Saturday, the 6th of November, and was told I'd more than likely see it around New Years. Man that's a long time! Seriously, I HOPE that this whole MyColor deal isn't an issue on the car I JUST ordered. It would be my luck though. :bang:
Old 11/10/04 | 05:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by PalaceOfStangs1@November 10, 2004, 6:39 PM
I'm with what you said Muzzy. I ordered my Mustang GT this past Saturday. If I get that call about having a shortage on the MyColorGauges, I'm going to tell them exactly what I told the same salesman when he was trying to get a car already in production with all the specifics I asked for EXCEPT for the standard "Cragar" style rims, I said nope, that won't cut it. I'm going to stick to my guns on this issue also, if it even is an issue. By the way, does anyone know what the normal turnaround is for ordering the car and when it would start building on an estimated timeframe? I ordered mine this past Saturday, the 6th of November, and was told I'd more than likely see it around New Years. Man that's a long time! Seriously, I HOPE that this whole MyColor deal isn't an issue on the car I JUST ordered. It would be my luck though. :bang:
I ordered my car 2.5 months ago. no vin yet. no date to be built No Nothin. I was told 8 to ten weeks and I will have my car. This is it . 1 more week of nothin heard , I'll be one of the first to place a 06 order. Ford can keep my 05. I almost don't want it anymore.
Old 11/10/04 | 05:52 PM
V6 Member

I hear ya Muzzy, and I don't blame you at all. I can't believe the dealership, or wherever you bought it from hasn't even called you yet. That's crazy. I would be on them like flys on poop right now. When you plop down 27000+ for a car, they should make sure you are informed about what's going on, even if they know nothing about the production. But 2 and half months?! You should either call or email somebody. That doesn't sound right.
Old 11/10/04 | 05:53 PM
GT Member

Sounds like Ford needs to hire some Wal-mart brass to go in and beat up their suppliers for being Do Do Birds!
exactly!
Old 11/10/04 | 05:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by PalaceOfStangs1@November 10, 2004, 6:55 PM
I hear ya Muzzy, and I don't blame you at all. I can't believe the dealership, or wherever you bought it from hasn't even called you yet. That's crazy. I would be on them like flys on poop right now. When you plop down 27000+ for a car, they should make sure you are informed about what's going on, even if they know nothing about the production. But 2 and half months?! You should either call or email somebody. That doesn't sound right.
Oh , I called. about as much as i post on this great forum. No one knows. all I got was vin # has not been issued yet and the there are some delays. To me that is NOTHIN!!! Like I said one more week and my order is cancelled. Wait for the 06.
Old 11/10/04 | 05:58 PM
GT Member

Honestly, the My Color think is just a gimmick. How many times are u guys really going to change that color once its set? It seems they should have offered a chocie of color as they do with other upgrades instead of an all in one 125 color combo.
Old 11/10/04 | 06:02 PM

Ya something doesn't seem right. I ordered my mustang in Japan and my order was submitted to the factory on 10/22 with a build date of 11/29 and a delivery date of 01/10/05.
Old 11/10/04 | 06:12 PM
V6 Member

I see what you are saying Arvil, but it's the principle of the matter. We paid good money to get what "we" wanted, so I'm going to make sure I get it. I hate to have to squelch on anything just because they are having "production" problems. I'm saying BS, I mean really did they not realize that enthusiasts, newbies, and just everyday gearheads would want to get their paws on this year's Mustang? I mean come on...
Old 11/10/04 | 06:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member Retired

Originally posted by PalaceOfStangs1@November 10, 2004, 7:15 PM
I see what you are saying Arvil, but it's the principle of the matter. We paid good money to get what "we" wanted, so I'm going to make sure I get it. I hate to have to squelch on anything just because they are having "production" problems. I'm saying BS, I mean really did they not realize that enthusiasts, newbies, and just everyday gearheads would want to get their paws on this year's Mustang? I mean come on...
I don't see how you are "squelching" at all, by cancelling the order for the car that THEY cannot deliver.

You ordered specfic options. If they can't deliver the entire car as ordered, the deal is off.

Very simple. And your honor and integrity remains intact.
Old 11/10/04 | 06:19 PM
V6 Member

Oh believe me, maucoin, I will most definitely cancel if it becomes a hassle. I'll just wait until the '06 comes out if need be. I just thought things were starting to get a little brighter in regards to production, but who knows? It's just an annoying little thing, nothing major.
Old 11/10/04 | 06:23 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by upstate@November 10, 2004, 5:13 PM
My car is being built with MYCOLOR right now:
11/9/04 20:18 Begin building the body
11/9/04 Paint
11/11/04 15:34 On final assembly line
11/12/04 05:30 Off final line

If my car runs late it will be finalized Monday. No mention of not have MYCOLOR installed. As you can see 54 hours begining to end. The line is not at full thottle yet.
Yeah I have the same exact build dates. Mine also has the IUP and nothing was ever said to me about not having it either. My car better have the IUP or someone at FORD will come and install it for me. :bang:
Old 11/10/04 | 06:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Unhappy

this has me quite concerned. i just got faxed to me today from my dealer the dealer order receipt from ford for my 05 vert with all the codes i placed saturday. the IUP states:

18G interior upgrade package
priced dora requested

this is the only line that has this "priced dora requested" on it on a a fully loaded gt vert

if there is a delay i hope they get their sh__ together by spring or else they will screw up half of the 05 production

there is nothing on this acknowledgement stating anything about a delay
Old 11/10/04 | 06:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by delt459+November 10, 2004, 7:26 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (delt459 @ November 10, 2004, 7:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-upstate@November 10, 2004, 5:13 PM
My car is being built with MYCOLOR right now:
11/9/04 20:18 Begin building the body
11/9/04 Paint
11/11/04 15:34 On final assembly line
11/12/04 05:30 Off final line

If my car runs late it will be finalized Monday. No mention of not have MYCOLOR installed. As you can see 54 hours begining to end. The line is not at full thottle yet.
Yeah I have the same exact build dates. Mine also has the IUP and nothing was ever said to me about not having it either. My car better have the IUP or someone at FORD will come and install it for me. :bang: [/b][/quote]
I too have a build week of the 8th through 15th and this thread obviously freaked me out, so I called my new car manager who said it has been "bucked" and is moving down the line. He went on to say that this would not happen if they didn't have the parts as ordered originally. He too confirmed the IUP shortage but said it applied to vehicles scheduled for build at the beginning of December and future orders only. I have a delivery date of Nov 25th through the 2nd of Dec but doubt it will be here on Thanksgiving day
Old 11/10/04 | 06:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Mine is a GT
Old 11/10/04 | 06:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Life is Great. Was feeling pretty good, ordered my GT today, Knew it was going to be a long wait but worth it for what I wanted. Thought I get on the forum and enjoy myself. Hey, What The Heck.....started to get p'offd and then thought - I knew there were risks with a first year model. True, I was primarily concerned with quality issues, not supply ones. Does make one think that the optimism shared by the forum members sure did not extend to the marketing folks...and those people you usually have to hold back with a whip and chair

Quick Reply: Dealer called and said OUT OF COLORED GAUGES