2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 4/15/05, 04:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Just wondering ... How many of you waiting for mustangs feel you have had good communication with your salesperson? Mine doesn't call me with info on my order and even if I call him he does not call me back. The only time I get any info from him is when I catch him at his phone. Too bad some dealers have salespeople that really don't care. So much for good customer service. Order a car that cost almost $29,000 and you can't even get a return phone call on your order status. :notnice:
Old 4/16/05, 11:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What dealer did you go thru? As for mine (dealer is Jones in Buckeye), I pretty much have had to call and get updates (ordered a V6 on the day before Thanksgiving and it is finally being built this week). I was C/U for months and he said he didn't call since there was no real status. Not really what I wanted to hear but I've never had a problem with getting a returned phone call.
Old 4/16/05, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Well the one thing you want to do, if the dealership is not to far away, is to go there in person. Don't call ahead. Even if your "salesperson" is not there, there will be someone that can help. One of the main people you need to talk to is the person incharge of placing the orders. You need to see how many people have in orders ahead of you. Also see what priority your order is set at. Now when doing this be looking over the persons shoulder at the computer because they will try to change it on you before you see it.

This is how I handled it. I never called them once. I hate talking on the phone to dealerships, they lie alot. In most cases when you show up unannounced you catch them off guard and they don't have time to prepare. Follow them around and while they try to get your stuff together to check stuff out for you.

----added----

See most dealerships don't mind having an angry costomer on the phone but they don't like to have them at the dealership. Cause not only can they lose your business but also others within earshot of you getting upset.
Old 4/16/05, 11:50 AM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My salesperson did not initiate one single phone call during the 5 months I waited. :notnice:
Old 4/16/05, 12:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

My original sales person was the interenet sales manager (Andy), and he was very good with emailing me back with answers and info (before I bought). After I bought the car (very nice experience), my order was transfered to another salesman (Jeff).

The next day, Jeff called me to tell me my financing was approved. A couple days later, I emailed the internet sales manager asking for a copy of my DORA, and two days later I recieved it by mail, with the new salesman's business card and a note saying to let them know if anthing was wrong. I didn't even expect them to mail it to me!

Jeff then gave me a call about a month later to let me know my car was scheduled to be built.

I will probably give him a call soon to get an ETA . . . if he doesn't call me first.
Old 4/16/05, 12:53 PM
GT Member

The only calls I have received were from dealers BEFORE I placed my order!!

If they were swamped with work I might understand... but they know how anxious we all are, you would think they would want to call with updates. Even if there is no news they could call to say, "we still don't know anything." Then it would at least sound like they cared!

Ive had better customer service on a $100 carpet cleaning!