2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/05, 06:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was just curious. If my dealer calls tomorrow for my weekly update and again gives me the bad news, would calling Customer Service help?

I'm just curious. This is getting as comical as it is frustrating. :notnice:
Old 2/27/05, 06:26 PM
rex
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by jwede@February 27, 2005, 7:09 PM
would calling Customer Service help?

Old 2/27/05, 06:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by rex+February 27, 2005, 7:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rex @ February 27, 2005, 7:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-jwede@February 27, 2005, 7:09 PM
would calling Customer Service help?

[/b][/quote]

I know, I know....need to remove head from hiney.....getting desparate.
Old 2/27/05, 08:53 PM
GT Member

They will tell you to talk to the dealership directly, which in my case (and what sounds like yours too) is absolutely no help at all
Old 2/27/05, 09:19 PM
FR500 Member

joe, ur due soon. the early orders r getting picked fast
Old 2/27/05, 10:56 PM
GT Member

Calling customer service is a joke. They know less than nothing. And don't bother emailing, either. I sent an email last week and they sent back a message instantly that said they received my message but that they were too busy to get back in touch with me before 3-5 work days. I still haven't heard back from them.
They're as reliable as the ETA of Feb. 5 for delivery of my car. I STILL don't have it. And neither customer service nor the dealer have a clue where it is.
Old 2/27/05, 11:00 PM
Banned

You get the same info from customer service as you can get from VOPC. Maybe even more, if you are nice to whoever you talk to. Maybe tomorrow I'll give you guys a story, its a little late for me to type it out now.
Old 2/27/05, 11:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by gashaus34@February 27, 2005, 11:59 PM
Calling customer service is a joke. They know less than nothing. And don't bother emailing, either. I sent an email last week and they sent back a message instantly that said they received my message but that they were too busy to get back in touch with me before 3-5 work days. I still haven't heard back from them.
They're as reliable as the ETA of Feb. 5 for delivery of my car. I STILL don't have it. And neither customer service nor the dealer have a clue where it is.
Your car may have been in the same situation mine was. Mine was due 2/4 but just showed up at the dealership last Fri 2/25. My general manager was kind enough to track mine down though. And he found out that it was pulled for quality manitance storage to have some part checked & replaced if needed. So, maybe that was what happened to your car as well. Eitherway I hope it shows up soon for you. Good luck.

BTW~ Custome service can be helpful. But the majority of the time they just say to check with your dealer for the latest info. However, if your dealer knows less than you, than you are no better off.

~*~Kera~*~
Old 2/28/05, 06:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@February 28, 2005, 12:03 AM
You get the same info from customer service as you can get from VOPC. Maybe even more, if you are nice to whoever you talk to. Maybe tomorrow I'll give you guys a story, its a little late for me to type it out now.

Is it story time yet?

Ban Grantsdale
Old 2/28/05, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

I don't call the VOPC. I don't really care to. All the evil robot lady will do is tell me C/U. I want to know why its C/U after three months. The car will get here when it gets here, if at all. If I don't have it by June, I'll probably just give up on the car.
Old 2/28/05, 09:57 AM
GT Member

I have been extremely nice. I know it's not the operator's fault my car is late. But In the half dozen times I've called, about half the time they just told me there is no way to know where my car is, why it's late or when I should expect it. It's funny that UPS can let me know where a $10 package is. But Ford can't find my $28,000 car.
The other half of the time, they have told me extremely detailed information about when to expect the car that has turned out to be total bull.
Old 2/28/05, 09:59 AM
V6 Member

The only time I called the guy started talking about making dough and baking cookies. I'm still baffled by that one.

Ryan
Old 2/28/05, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by outdoorstom+February 28, 2005, 9:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(outdoorstom @ February 28, 2005, 9:11 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@February 28, 2005, 12:03 AM

Is it story time yet?

Ban Grantsdale
[/b][/quote]

I'll post my story when I get home. An hour or 2 from now.
Yes, ban me.
Old 2/28/05, 02:10 PM
Bullitt Member

if ford could get their act together as far as customer service through the dealership and other means, they would be an even more profitable company than they already are. It's bizaar how hard it is to have a simple question answered.
Old 2/28/05, 02:15 PM
V6 Member

It's funny that UPS can let me know where a $10 package is. But Ford can't find my $28,000 car.
That, my friend, is the best observation of the week.
Old 2/28/05, 02:24 PM
Banned

Originally posted by E-Rock+February 28, 2005, 5:18 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(E-Rock @ February 28, 2005, 5:18 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Grantsdale@February 28, 2005, 12:03 AM
It's funny that UPS can let me know where a $10 package is. But Ford can't find my $28,000 car.
That, my friend, is the best observation of the week.
[/b][/quote]

Uhm, I never said that.

If you want the skinny on why the status isn't easier to get, its simple. Ford isn't doing business with you. They are doing business with the dealership. The dealership has a couple nice databases they can look the car up in to get the status at any time. As far as Ford is concerned, that is plenty. And it is, because truthfully, the car isn't yours. You have the same right to know the status of the car as Joe Blow who just walked past your house.
Old 2/28/05, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Grantsdale@February 28, 2005, 3:27 PM
You have the same right to know the status of the car as Joe Blow who just walked past your house.
Whoa... I take offense to the Joe Blow comment.....

Years of horrible torment at school all comes rushing back....thanks Grantsdale....
Old 2/28/05, 02:32 PM
GT Member

Hey - I put a 500 dollar deposit on mine to order it - that baby is mine! And I feel I have a right to know when fruits of my labor are coming to me. As for Joe Blow, if he wants to know my status, all he needs are my dealer ID number, my order number or VIN, the model number, and the 800 number. Joe never did mind his own buisness... Its not hard to find that number, just google it (and don't post it publicly here!) Just use some common sense - get the number, don't call everyday like an OCD patient - its only updated fridays - and don't tell any ford operator you have the number and aren't a dealer. Am I the only one that remembers how to be sneaky?
Old 2/28/05, 02:38 PM
Banned

For those so very patiently waiting, my Ford Customer Service story:

I placed an order the day the coupe order banks opened with a dealership here in my city (Mantilia Ford for anyone in the area). I knew exactly what I wanted, gave them order codes and all. I was also ordering on D-Plan, so they did not have to worry about pricing and haggling and the like. Months come and go, and production starts. A few days after the start of production, I call looking for a VIN or order number or the like. I did not try to get the DORA, that was really my own fault and a bad decision. I never get a call back with either the VIN or the order number.

After numerous attempts at getting the information, I had no luck. I figured, forget it, and I went to another dealership (Ford of Branford). They are a great place, but small. Their allocation wasn't the greatest, so I was worried about how quickly I would get the car. I placed the order with them, on D-Plan, at the end of Sept. About a month went by, and I hadn't been pulled for production. Kind of upset to say the least.

I wrote a long and detailed email to Ford Customer Service, explaning the entire story. Two days later, I get a phone call back from a customer service employee, who explains that they have sent the story to the regional rep, and he will be contacting me shortly. An hour later, he called me, and apologized profusely for everything. Appearantly, Mantilia had done the same thing to previous customers in the past, and ordered what they normally do. Then when the car comes in, they would just say "oh this is what showed up" and try to sell that car to the customer, figuring they wouldn't have a problem selling it to anyone else if the customer didn't want it.

The regional rep said he would do what he could, and low and behold, my order was pulled the next day. My car was delievered three weeks to the day in which I talked to him.

If I hadn't emailed Customer Service, I would have been waiting another 3-4 weeks for the allocation to become available. Long story short, be polite, explain everything, and hope for the best.
Old 2/28/05, 02:39 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Cthulhu@February 28, 2005, 5:35 PM
Hey - I put a 500 dollar deposit on mine to order it - that baby is mine! And I feel I have a right to know when fruits of my labor are coming to me. As for Joe Blow, if he wants to know my status, all he needs are my dealer ID number, my order number or VIN, the model number, and the 800 number. Joe never did mind his own buisness... Its not hard to find that number, just google it (and don't post it publicly here!) Just use some common sense - get the number, don't call everyday like an OCD patient - its only updated fridays - and don't tell any ford operator you have the number and aren't a dealer. Am I the only one that remembers how to be sneaky?

Right, maybe the car is yours. However, Ford doesn't know that. They are simply selling the car to the dealership.

I think you got my point, though.

Quick Reply: Customer Service