2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Custom Car Cover that's cloth top friendly!

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/06, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Car Cover that's cloth top friendly!

I got a Coverking custom cover for Xmas and tried it out yesterday. I was looking for something light weight for indoor storage that wouldn't leave a ton of lint on the cloth top and this one does the trick. It doesn't leave any lint on the top at all and it fits fairly well, the only issue I have is that the driver's side mirror pocket is a little large but other than that it's fine. When I ordered it I told them that I had the appearance pkg with the factory hood scoop but it doesn't look like they did anything special for that. It's also got an antenna grommet that I had to install myself. Here's a couple of shots of the car freshly waxed and with cover in place:
Attached Thumbnails Custom Car Cover that's cloth top friendly!-img_0026.jpg   Custom Car Cover that's cloth top friendly!-img_0029.jpg   Custom Car Cover that's cloth top friendly!-img_0038.jpg   Custom Car Cover that's cloth top friendly!-img_0040.jpg   Custom Car Cover that's cloth top friendly!-img_0043.jpg  

Old 12/30/06, 09:03 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I checked around earlier and the primary question and concern was shedding on the cloth top. I was advised by the car cover dealers that only the Technalon and Weathershield covers would not shed. The Technalon was heavier but would absorb minor dings and was about half the price of the Weathershield (approx $180). The WeatherShield was the lightest of the car covers and the easiest to use (approx $330).

I opted for the Technalon but I'm still waiting for my Torch Red '07 GT vert to arrive, should have been here last week.

From the rocket ranch

BB

Semper Fi
Old 12/30/06, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Centurion96
I checked around earlier and the primary question and concern was shedding on the cloth top. I was advised by the car cover dealers that only the Technalon and Weathershield covers would not shed. The Technalon was heavier but would absorb minor dings and was about half the price of the Weathershield (approx $180). The WeatherShield was the lightest of the car covers and the easiest to use (approx $330).

I opted for the Technalon but I'm still waiting for my Torch Red '07 GT vert to arrive, should have been here last week.

From the rocket ranch

BB

Semper Fi

Good luck with the car, I hope it comes in soon, you're gonna love the Torch Red!

The cover I bought was only $95 delivered with a free California car duster. It's pretty thin though so it won't provide much protection from dings. I could have actually used something heavier because my lawn mower shot a stick into the driver's door two days before Xmas, then my kids' trapoline fell on the car a few days later and left a small dent in the rear quarter. One quick trip to the PDR shop and $100 later and both dings are completely gone!
Old 12/30/06, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bob99b5
I could have actually used something heavier because my lawn mower shot a stick into the driver's door two days before Xmas, then my kids' trapoline fell on the car a few days later and left a small dent in the rear quarter.
Sounds like you had a nice Christmas!