2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Audio: Custom interior sub

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/14, 10:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Custom Audio: Custom interior sub

Any body have any good Ideas for a place to put a shallow either 6.5" or 8" subwoofer in the interior of your mustang?

I have the stock 4 speaker system which I upgraded major to some nice alpine components and rear alpine coaxial speakers, 2 12" Kicker CVR's in the trunk and a navigation dvd player in the dash.

Sounds great BUT I am trying to get even more midbass on the inside on the car, that even my amp-ed upgraded speakers aren't quite hitting.

The problem is that I don't have the built in 8 incher subs in the door panels and I really don't want to drill into them if there's another way I can get some good mid/sub bass into the inside of the cabin.

I was thinking somewhere in the footwell or under the backseats IDK.

I've heard of Q-Logic Kick panels and im not sure if they would work well with a sub since they arent enclosed;/

ANY awesome or creative advice would be appreciated! Post some pics of your set up!
Old 2/20/14, 05:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why not find a set of used door panels from a wrecked vehicle?
Old 2/20/14, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought of that but,

If you could find me a link to some, I would be impressed! I have looked around all over and can't find anything except for one pair of them on Ebay that are $450!

That's a bit out of the price range. And are we sure the GT door panels fit on the v6?
Old 2/21/14, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MartinPozniak
I thought of that but,

If you could find me a link to some, I would be impressed! I have looked around all over and can't find anything except for one pair of them on Ebay that are $450!

That's a bit out of the price range. And are we sure the GT door panels fit on the v6?
GT door panels will definitely fit on a v6. There's no differences to the panels on the interior.

Heck, now that I think about it, I might actually have a set of leftover door panels...