2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Crumb Bastard Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/04 | 01:24 PM
Bullitt Member

So my dad ordered his mustang (Redfire, IUP, Dk Chrcl, etc) on tuesday evening with X-Plan. The dealer put the order into the bank, printer out the order sheet. My dad signed the bottom with the X-Plan price ciricled.

Fast forward to today:

The dealer calls my dad and says they have changed their mind and they no longer want to sell him his pre-order at X-Plan. They want MSRP and not a penny less.

Can they change their mind after accepting his order like this? It seems like if they could do it now, they could do it when the vehicle arrives, and then what's the point of agreeing upon the price?

EDIT: He also gave them a $500 deposit on Tuesday, and they had no problem taking that off his hands...
Old 12/9/04 | 01:27 PM
Team Mustang Source

its a contract, they shouldn't do that! He could sue and possibly get the car for free!!
Old 12/9/04 | 01:31 PM
V6 Member

Did they sign the sheet agreeing to sell at this price. My suggestion is find another dealer, why do business with aholes. One more dealer needing a
Old 12/9/04 | 01:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah, he is in Miami tonight, so I am swinging by that dealership to pick up the check. He is going to the dealership I went to tomorrow to put the order in there. We originially had strayed from them because they were giving their X-plan orders lower priority. Now it seems better late than never is what we are going with today...
Old 12/9/04 | 01:34 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

No kidding...if its on paper with BOTH signatures (dealer and dad), then you have them dead to rights on that price.

Shoot...get a lawyer and get your dad's Mustang and YOURS for free...maybe more.

And on top of that, ya...find another dealer. Tell you what...instead of making a little money on the X-Plan price, how about no money 'cause I took my business elsewhere?
Old 12/9/04 | 01:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just so you know the EXACT same thing happened to me. I ordered under X-plan in June and when the car showed up in November they didn't want to sell me the car anymore. Only thing was my dealer was a little more decieving. They told me they "lost" the order. So I drove down there and saw my car right out front. I demanded that they sell it to me at x-plan and after a week or so of convincing they decided that it would be better to sell it to me at that price than loose all the possible business they would loose by screwing me over when I told everyone I know what they did. I am glad I got my car but still will never deal with that dealership again.
Old 12/9/04 | 01:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by GhostTX@December 9, 2004, 2:37 PM
Tell you what...instead of making a little money on the X-Plan price, how about no money 'cause I took my business elsewhere?
Haha...I'll have to include that in the speech tonight...the one where I let them know what I think of their service...

I think I will also include the words "crankshaft" and "exhaust pipe."

The funny thing is, I told the salesperson that we were coming over there because the people at the first dealership were giving us a hard time for having x-plan. Her response was "Well that just doesn't make any sense. A sale is a sale. Sure you make not make as much on x-plan, but the more you sell the more you get."

Old 12/9/04 | 01:41 PM
V6 Member

That is what we need instead of all these great pictures of people and there 2005's, I want to see someone take a picture of them kicking there "Crumb Bastard Dealer".
Old 12/9/04 | 01:47 PM
Bullitt Member

I've used the "instead of making a little money, how about no money" line a few times myself. From my experience they choose the no money option.

One dealer (sales manager) even asked me how he was supposed to feed his wife and kids (800 over invoice, was my offer, 1500 over was as low as they would go)

When I told them, its better that his wife and kids starve, than my wife and kids. He asked me to leave, and come back, when I had calmed down. (I've never set foot in there since, not even for service or parts.)

Needless to say, I went to a small town dealer, that was more than happy to sell me the car for 800 over.
Old 12/9/04 | 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

WHOA...talk about wierd.

Ok, so this whole post was based off a phone call that my dad recieved on his work cell phone that only a select few have. He had given it to the dealership because he always has it on him and he really wants this car. The phone call was from a Tim Johnson. He said that his X-Plan order from the dealership (he used the name) could not be accepted at X-Plan. They would only take MSRP.

Dad called them back. 5 minutes into the conversation, they say "Oh, [Bobby's Dad], your order is still in place. Furthermore, we do not have anyone named Tim Johnson working for us."

How weird is that? I am most confused. Now I'm waiting for a call back from my dad to get more details.
Old 12/9/04 | 02:01 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by RottenRonny@December 9, 2004, 2:50 PM
One dealer (sales manager) even asked me how he was supposed to feed his wife and kids (800 over invoice, was my offer, 1500 over was as low as they would go)

You should of told him to get a 2nd job, not your problem. Hey maybe these salesmen should quite trying to make a killing on one car and treat the buyer with respect, they may actually do more business this way.
Old 12/9/04 | 02:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by RottenRonny@December 9, 2004, 3:50 PM
I've used the "instead of making a little money, how about no money" line a few times myself. From my experience they choose the no money option.
Unfortunately, they know some moron will buy it for $2K over MSRP.

Most salesman have the career span of a housefly, so all they care about is the short-term win. They don't care about the long-term customer relation with the dealership.
Old 12/9/04 | 02:14 PM
I Have No Life

Originally posted by tekman13@December 9, 2004, 3:02 PM
WHOA...talk about wierd.

Ok, so this whole post was based off a phone call that my dad recieved on his work cell phone that only a select few have. He had given it to the dealership because he always has it on him and he really wants this car. The phone call was from a Tim Johnson. He said that his X-Plan order from the dealership (he used the name) could not be accepted at X-Plan. They would only take MSRP.

Dad called them back. 5 minutes into the conversation, they say "Oh, [Bobby's Dad], your order is still in place. Furthermore, we do not have anyone named Tim Johnson working for us."

How weird is that? I am most confused. Now I'm waiting for a call back from my dad to get more details.
That is messed up. I wonder who was playing a prank at the dealer...maybe someone's buddy was looking for the same car and if you guys cancelled he could sell it to his friend instead of him having to wait longer by placing a new order.
Old 12/9/04 | 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by adrenalin+December 9, 2004, 3:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (adrenalin @ December 9, 2004, 3:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-tekman13@December 9, 2004, 3:02 PM
WHOA...talk about wierd.

That is messed up. I wonder who was playing a prank at the dealer...maybe someone's buddy was looking for the same car and if you guys cancelled he could sell it to his friend instead of him having to wait longer by placing a new order. [/b][/quote]
That's what I was thinking. Looks like everything is fine at the one dealership, but the second dealership is ready to deal as soon as anything falls through.
Old 12/9/04 | 02:22 PM
mav
GT Member

Old 12/9/04 | 04:40 PM
V6 Member

all i can say is CRACK SOME SKULLS!
Old 12/9/04 | 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Sorry but the price is not set in stone on the order sheet it usually clearly states (at least in california) this is not an invoice.

So if it says that at the top right on your order sheet print out, it does not matter who signs it no matter how many times.

Its like the dealer saying well yeah we can probably do this price when your car comes in. But it leaves them a back door to say the factory charged us this or that option went up or its a new month and our discount scale changed from the factory therefore we can no longer honor that price on that car. But if you would like we will sell you this OTHER car for that price but it may not have the same options.

etc.... The order sheet is not a comittment from the dealer on the actual selling price of the vehicle, just a in the ball park price.

From a legalise stand point anyways