2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Crap...It's Here!

Search this Thread

Old 2/28/05, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, before everyone who's been waiting weeks and months thinks I'm nuts, we all know that Mustangs aren't snow cars.

My Legend Lime beauty was built last week, on my birthday as it turns out (which was a really nice touch, I'll have to thank Ford). They told me it wouldn't be here till next week. I dropped into the dealer at noon to pick up my black Bullits so's I could polish them up before they went on the phantom Mustang. Jokingly (as I've done once a week since December) I asked Simone, my salesperson, where the car was. She said "Just outside in the back, let me get the keys". Right after I got up off the floor, and just as the "3 DAY FLIPPIN STORM" was getting underway, she showed it to me.

It was beautiful, but more white than Legend Lime. Cripes, sounds like it came off the line and was put right onto an express carrier to Hamilton.

Pic's will follow, she took a bunch after I made her promise a few weeks back to meet the truck and make sure they took it off gently!

So....she's sitting 10 km away now, at the dealership, not driveable for a few days, maybe more, and I'm very upset. I hate snow :bang:

Hey DarthBob - I guess I won brother....unless we change the rules to "1st 100 miles on the odometer". Darn this snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2/28/05, 03:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! Too bad about the snow?

So it took about 8 weeks to get huh? Not bad!
Old 2/28/05, 03:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Falchion@February 28, 2005, 4:21 PM
Congrats! Too bad about the snow?

So it took about 8 weeks to get huh? Not bad!
Yeah, not bad at all. I rushed in after Christmas 'cause I saw how long all my friends in the U.S. were waiting, plus the IUP delays, etc, etc.

So yup Falchion, just a little less than 8 weeks which I find VERY impressive. I hope I didn't sound like an ingrate.....it's just so much more frustrating to have it "so close, but yet so far" now. And by the way....our LL's rock!! (no matter if they're covered in snow or not).

Mark.
Old 2/28/05, 03:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congrats on it arriving! At least you know she's close by. Now go put some cones around it so the snowplow doesn't hit it!
Old 2/28/05, 03:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@February 28, 2005, 4:31 PM
Congrats on it arriving! At least you know she's close by. Now go put some cones around it so the snowplow doesn't hit it!
Oh thanks Tom, just what I needed to hear. (5 minute pause) OK, just had the dealer put those cones you suggested around her. Now I can sleep for the next 3 days

And PS. Upstate NY.......hmmmmmm, your dose of mother nature (and your carrier) should be along anytime soon now. Get that shovel out!!!

Mark.
Old 2/28/05, 03:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by outdoorstom@February 28, 2005, 4:31 PM
Not cones. If it was mine I would have it surrounded by those concrete jersey walls they use at construction sites on the highway.

Snowplows don't stop for cones.

Congrats on your new LL. Hope you get her soon.
Old 2/28/05, 04:05 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They are making mine now.
Only 5 days to deliver it eh? Sweeet

This is for you Mark:

Old 2/28/05, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

"Don't you worry 'bout a thing Mark. I'll be careful with my snowplow. Goin' right out there after my break."
Old 2/28/05, 04:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

That was funny.
Old 2/28/05, 04:32 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by Original Sin@February 28, 2005, 4:01 PM
I dropped into the dealer at noon to pick up my black Bullits so's I could polish them up before they went on the phantom Mustang.

Congrats!! And darn that snow! (I'm in Michigan, and we are getting another 4-6 inches today and tomorrow... would be nice if I had another car!).

As far as the black bullits go, I have a few questions:

Did you get the Ford 17" ?

Are you selling the stock wheels back to the dealer or keeping them?

Just curious... I've got the "upgrade" rims, and if I don't see any 18s I like soon, I may break down and buy either the silver or polished bullits.
Old 2/28/05, 04:37 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally posted by Original Sin+February 28, 2005, 4:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Original Sin @ February 28, 2005, 4:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-outdoorstom@February 28, 2005, 4:31 PM
Oh thanks Tom, just what I needed to hear. (5 minute pause) OK, just had the dealer put those cones you suggested around her. Now I can sleep for the next 3 days

And PS. Upstate NY.......hmmmmmm, your dose of mother nature (and your carrier) should be along anytime soon now. Get that shovel out!!!

Mark.
[/b][/quote]

I'm sure your baby will be just fine Mark. Yes, the storm is headed this way :angry: The carrier, now that's another story

Jim D. - your response was hilarious!
Old 2/28/05, 04:39 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Another Southern Ontarian
Where'd ya order? And congrats.

I hear ya. Its starting to snow here too.
This weekend was actually a good time to pick it up...this week is gonna suck.
Old 2/28/05, 04:42 PM
Bullitt Member

pix's pix's oh yea congrats
Old 2/28/05, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ah, you guys are the best!! I got a laugh (and I reeeeeealy needed it as I'm looking out the window at this white fluff coming down and I'm still depressed) from everyone, 'specially Ryan. And Darthbob brother & buddy & chum:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give me a PM with your phone #'s. I'll call you when I'm back to work on the 16th.

And everyone else......this is the BEST site I've ever been on and if it weren't for The Mustang Source and all you people, I'd 'of been a heck of alot more frustrated deciding on what to order, when to order, colors, etc, etc, etc. So THANKYOU very much.

Boomer - Airport Lincoln/Ford in Upper Hamilton....just down the street from where I work and live so it was convenient. Nice people too, no problems with X-Plan, so that's who I went with.

PICS are coming........but they're ugly in a nice sort of way

Mark.
Old 2/28/05, 05:09 PM
V6 Member

Congrats on the new arrival . as you see from my signature mine will be built tomorrow . just not sure when it will arive. hopefully for easter.

Mark
Old 2/28/05, 05:17 PM
FR500 Member

Congrats and good luck with the weather clearing. Hope when the storm goes you have some good Mustang weather. :drive: :drive: :drive:
Old 2/28/05, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Stop the wait! Just put four good winter tires on her and enjoy it snow or no snow... Congrats!
Old 2/28/05, 05:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Ryan, I forgot to answer your question......I got the black Bullitts from Ford Motorsports, I actually "wanted" the extra 15 mm offset difference 'cause I think the stock rims/offset put the stock wheels too far "inboard". Didn't have enough money to buy new tires/18 or 19" rims so I went with what I could get. I'll post pics (and my absolute candid opinion) on what they look like when this crap melts away and I pick her up (probably Monday or Tuesday next week).

I'm keeping the stock Bullitts for winter wear - already bought Michelin X-Ice tires which they'll be mounted on. I hate sounding like a snob but I just couldn't put black, steel rims on this car for winter. The dealer offered me $100.00 (Cdn) per rim but I told them to ....... well, you can figure out what the rest of the conversation was.

The pics will tell the story, I'll be sure to take very critical side angles. If I don't like 'em, they'll be off to E-Bay.

Mark.
Old 2/28/05, 06:55 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Get some good pic's of her Mark and congratulations on the new mustang
Old 2/28/05, 07:07 PM

Hey Mark we must be neighbours-my wife has her convertible ordered at Airport Ford too-same colour but V6. We ordered about 3 weeks ago and just got our VIN number on Friday. Your sig says you live in the Creek but we are at Upper Ottawa and Rymal-too bad about the weather but you know the old saying "in like a lion and out like a lamb" I'm hoping I'll be driving my Bullitt on April 1st and the convertible is scheduled to be delievered the first week of April.