V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid $23k for an 05 with 13k miles, good deal
Old 8/15/07, 05:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by d*rock
I paid $23k for an 05 with 13k miles, good deal
I think it's at least partly a regional thing. When I bought my '05 I was also looking at an anniversary edition '04 in Indianapolis and couldn't believe how much higher their cars were in general.

Also I was at the dealer today to pick up an extra key and they told me the car was going to go to auction on thursday because they had it too long. Car fax says 2 months, doesn't seem that long to me. Anyway, that might have given me some leverage I didn't even know I had.
Old 8/15/07, 07:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangLynda
Also I was at the dealer today to pick up an extra key and they told me the car was going to go to auction on thursday because they had it too long. Car fax says 2 months, doesn't seem that long to me. Anyway, that might have given me some leverage I didn't even know I had.
That's why I told you what I did. You never know the story behind the story before you sign the deal.
I figured if they needed to move the car, you could move them on the price.
You did good on the trade too. At that store, it seemes like they have trouble selling Mustangs and that affects their offer.
2 months can be a long time in dealer years.
Old 8/15/07, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by karman
That's why I told you what I did. You never know the story behind the story before you sign the deal.
I figured if they needed to move the car, you could move them on the price.
You did good on the trade too. At that store, it seemes like they have trouble selling Mustangs and that affects their offer.
2 months can be a long time in dealer years.
You know I actually did tell them 20K after you told me that and I'm not sure I would have started that low had you not. I figured I would just tell them "because karman said so, that's why!" JK. Thanks though, I really appreciate all the input. I seem to be using that smilie a lot lately...
Old 8/15/07, 08:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I"ve already decided I want 18" wheels and polished fan blades.
Use the 17s to mount the snow tires and the 18s to mount the performance tires!
Old 8/15/07, 09:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Congrats Lynda - You know, you don't have to push the pedal to the floor EVERY time you stop....

It will get you better gas milage.

The dancing bannana is how we celebrate the arrival of a new
"philly" in the stable.

Be safe out there!
Old 8/16/07, 02:43 AM

2006-07 gt gear ratio

Can anyone help me out with this? I am looking for an 06-07 GT 5-speed. Do the 5-speed's automatically come with the 3:55 gear and the auto with 3:31, or can this be either combination based on how it was originally ordered?
Old 8/16/07, 07:47 AM
V6 Member

"Do the 5-speed's automatically come with the 3:55 gear and the auto with 3:31"...

Yes.

07-08, the 3:55's are an option on the stick cars. Autos still get the 3:31 cogs.
Old 8/16/07, 08:03 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Snow tires?!!?!?! Now THAT is scary.
Old 8/16/07, 08:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

I thought about that but wasn't sure if there were any issues with going back and forth with the 17's and 18's?

The other question is if I stuck with the 17's all year (w/separate rims for snow) do I need all 4 tires snow, or just the back?
Old 8/16/07, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Silverback
How come? I'm listening...
Old 8/16/07, 10:02 AM

I thought about that but wasn't sure if there were any issues with going back and forth with the 17's and 18's?

The other question is if I stuck with the 17's all year (w/separate rims for snow) do I need all 4 tires snow, or just the back?
I think you need all 4 tires. I read somewhere that it's actually more dangerous to have 2 snow tires and 2 regular tires, in the snow.
Old 8/16/07, 10:03 AM

http://www.snowtire.info/#four_snows
Old 8/16/07, 11:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

There should not be, although I believe if the cars come with 18s from Ford, there are some minor spring and steering gear changes to accomodate the larger tire/wheel combo. There are many other folks here who have upgraded their stock 17s to Ford 18s without issues.

You would need all 4 tires not just the back. It would cause instability with only 2.
Old 8/16/07, 11:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Silverback
Many high-performance rear-wheel drive cars with traction control can be driven in snowy conditions. It generally is scary if the driver is not aware of measured application of throttle and brakes, as well as leaving more room for slowing down and between cars.

Snow tires give the grip.

Where Linda and I live, we don't have that deep or frequent snow, so its fairly negotiable. I drove my Mach 1 during the winter on the stock Goodyear Gatorback tires. I also put 2 70lb sandbags in the trunk (one over the axle on each side of the trunk) to improve the weight distribution.

I am more terrified of the people with 4-wheel drive vehicles who drive as if they don't need to slow down.
Old 8/16/07, 12:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Wow thanks for that link! A forum totally dedicated to snow tires! I clearly see the answer (4) and why. Now that I've read, seems like it was a stupid question really
Old 8/16/07, 01:18 PM
V6 Member

Car fax says 2 months, doesn't seem that long to me.
I am a car salesman, and my bosses like to keep a 60 day turn around time on cars. Anytime after that, we'll try to wholesale it or put it up for auction. So yeah, 2 months is a good time to buy on a used car.
Old 8/16/07, 01:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Many high-performance rear-wheel drive cars with traction control can be driven in snowy conditions. It generally is scary if the driver is not aware of measured application of throttle and brakes, as well as leaving more room for slowing down and between cars.

Snow tires give the grip.

Where Linda and I live, we don't have that deep or frequent snow, so its fairly negotiable. I drove my Mach 1 during the winter on the stock Goodyear Gatorback tires. I also put 2 70lb sandbags in the trunk (one over the axle on each side of the trunk) to improve the weight distribution.

I am more terrified of the people with 4-wheel drive vehicles who drive as if they don't need to slow down.
I'm from Buffalo NY, so I'm used to the snow, but heck, they treat and plow the roads up there!

I'm not as concerned about control while moving as much as I am about getting flat out stuck. With my '98 v6 I got stuck alot, but my '05 v6 was much better, not sure why. The last (and only other) v8 mustang I had was a '89 5 liter, and man I was stuck ALL the time in that thing. Towed twice out of my own front yard trying to get up my driveway, wrecked it going under an icy underpass on the highway. Bad memories with the v8 Mustang + snow I'd rather just get the snow tires and not think about getting stuck. Or maybe I'm just getting old....

Tony your not kidding, people drive like maniacs around here in the snow and ice!!
Old 8/16/07, 01:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had an 89 4 banger, and I could get that thing stuck in 2 inches of snow, at a stop sign on flat level ground. The new Mustangs are SOOOOOOOO much better in the snow. Not that they are good by any means, but acceptable. If you get some snow tires, you'll be good to go.
Old 8/17/07, 06:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Congrats Lynda - You know, you don't have to push the pedal to the floor EVERY time you stop....

It will get you better gas milage.

The dancing bannana is how we celebrate the arrival of a new
"philly" in the stable.

Be safe out there!
Well today I decided to actually push the pedal to the floor. All I can say is I now have a much better understanding of the addiction. My name is Lynda and I...

Quick Reply: Cost of 2006 GT