2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Cost of 2006 GT

Search this Thread

Old 8/14/07, 01:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"You said that's the asking price? Then they probably have a little room there. If you like it, make them an offer. I just bought an '07 GT 5-speed witn only IUP and interior upgrade, and invoice was $26,990. If you take off the $2000 rebate, that's $24,990 for an '07. So they might be just a little high, but if you like it, go for it."

Sounds very much like the deal we struck a couple of weeks ago. For an extra $2,000 (find it somehow) you can get a brand new GT.
Old 8/14/07, 03:27 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Jayhawk
"You said that's the asking price? Then they probably have a little room there. If you like it, make them an offer. I just bought an '07 GT 5-speed witn only IUP and interior upgrade, and invoice was $26,990. If you take off the $2000 rebate, that's $24,990 for an '07. So they might be just a little high, but if you like it, go for it."

Sounds very much like the deal we struck a couple of weeks ago. For an extra $2,000 (find it somehow) you can get a brand new GT.
My hope is that if she stands pat at $20K and they want to move the car...
She can get almost new for $5000 less than a new one.
Depending on the situation they may have paid as little as $17,500 to buy the car. If it cost them $600 to recondition it for sale it is still a profit of $1900 or a "slim deal" as they would say.
They may hold out for a better price if they paid more, but a sale is a sale and better than no sale.
I've seen shops take a $500 total profit on a nice car if it helps to make the total sales look better. You never know unless you try.
Old 8/14/07, 03:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by boduke0220
thats a great deal in my view, well around my area a used one is 23-26k

Ditto here, and certified sounds pretty incredible. Used ones aren't typically much cheaper then new. We don't even bother buying used ones from the auction as they still get more then 22k for an 06 GT at wholesale. We've been completely out of 07 GT's for a while now. No way in hell you can get one even at Manheim for 18k. I can sell an 06 used GT for 23k in 5 days on ebay, if I can keep it on the lot that long away from other salespeople, that is. If you can get them to $22,500, I wouldn't pass on it. Our typical GT trade sells within 2 days of being here, and the customer has to wait for it to go through the shop and detail.
Old 8/14/07, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Ditto here, and certified sounds pretty incredible. Used ones aren't typically much cheaper then new. We don't even bother buying used ones from the auction as they still get more then 22k for an 06 GT at wholesale. We've been completely out of 07 GT's for a while now. No way in hell you can get one even at Manheim for 18k. I can sell an 06 used GT for 23k in 5 days on ebay, if I can keep it on the lot that long away from other salespeople, that is. If you can get them to $22,500, I wouldn't pass on it. Our typical GT trade sells within 2 days of being here, and the customer has to wait for it to go through the shop and detail.
Not around here.
This is a premium with less miles for the same price.
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...eadExists=true
Old 8/14/07, 05:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought 3.55s were a $100 option.
Old 8/14/07, 05:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I bought the car today!!! Yay I am now part of the GT club!! I ended up paying $20,300 for it. But I took a $1000 hit on my trade, so I really paid $21,300. Good bad or indifferent, it's done. I did feel kind of sad leaving my '05 v6 though. I will admit I drove home like a maniac, man that car hauls butt!!

Tony - the car was inside on the floor. I guess I could have told you that, huh? Sorry!! I will definitely look at those Blizzaks too - thanks for the heads up. OK local person, where can I get some over the top stripes? I understand it matters ALOT who does them because they are tricky to do over the bumpers? THANK YOU!!

I did experience a weird thing on the drive home, but I'll ask about that on the warranty & service forum.

Ya know I have to say you guys are really cool. Here I am a newbie who shows up out of nowhere and I've gotton all this help!

Thank you thank yo thank you I'm off to take another ride!!
Old 8/14/07, 05:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by awakeinAZ
Tony - Nice of you to help out a newbie.

Welcome Lynda! Tony is an old pro at Stangs....great local resource for you!

Well Hi Greg and thanks for the welcome! Lots of friendly people on this forum!
Old 8/14/07, 05:22 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by MustangLynda
Well I bought the car today!!! Yay I am now part of the GT club!!
Congratulations!!! Here's your nanner...

Post some pix! We wanna see...
Old 8/14/07, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Jayhawk

Ya know I probably could but I'm about 2/3 of the way through a total house remodel right now so I really have no business buying a car at this point to begin with! Got the itch I guess but I gotta keep it in control....

Tony, are you a project manager too? HAHA JK!
Old 8/14/07, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Congratulations!!! Here's your nanner...

Post some pix! We wanna see...
I feel honored. I got a nanner!

I guess I'll need to borrow a digital camera....I'll try with my cell but they will probably be bad pictures.
Old 8/14/07, 06:39 PM

Congrats Lynda...
I hope I helped.
Remember, right now it should still be under full FACTORY warranty.
Old 8/14/07, 07:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on the new stang! Based on the price of used 06's around here, you got a good deal.
Old 8/14/07, 08:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Ya know I probably could but I'm about 2/3 of the way through a total house remodel right now so I really have no business buying a car at this point to begin with! Got the itch I guess but I gotta keep it in control....

Tony, are you a project manager too? HAHA JK!
At work I am - hahaha!

Congrats on the new vehicle!! Post the pictures when you get them.
Old 8/14/07, 08:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by JonW
I thought 3.55s were a $100 option.
Not in 2005 or 2006...they became an option in 2007.
Old 8/14/07, 08:41 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well I bought the car today!!! Yay I am now part of the GT club!! I ended up paying $20,300 for it. But I took a $1000 hit on my trade, so I really paid $21,300. Good bad or indifferent, it's done. I did feel kind of sad leaving my '05 v6 though. I will admit I drove home like a maniac, man that car hauls butt!!
Excellent!! Sounds like a good price, based on kevinb120's information.

Tony - the car was inside on the floor. I guess I could have told you that, huh? Sorry!!
No problems...I shoudda looked there

I will definitely look at those Blizzaks too - thanks for the heads up.
Cool

OK local person, where can I get some over the top stripes? I understand it matters ALOT who does them because they are tricky to do over the bumpers? THANK YOU!!
There are 2 places I would recommend. One of them is a body shop that has a person who is Mustang enthusiast. He rebuilt a 2001 Bullitt, and he has worked on my cars, performing both collision and aftermarket appearance part work. It is Cincinnati Carstar in Blue Ash on Blue Ash Road. They do great work. The other recommendation is Signtec, which is in Deer Park. They install vinyl pieces on various cars (my wife's MINI has racing stripes - the dealership sends all their work over to Signtec).

Thank you thank yo thank you I'm off to take another ride!!
Enjoy!
Old 8/15/07, 02:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stangster
Congrats on the new stang! Based on the price of used 06's around here, you got a good deal.
Ya know what? I've owned this car less than 24 hours and I now see I would have paid more if I had too! No wonder they gave me $100 gas card - I'm going to end up using the whole thing up in a week!
Old 8/15/07, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

There are 2 places I would recommend. One of them is a body shop that....

Thanks - I'll definitely check them out. Tony I soooo appreciate all your help. You may have actually restored my faith in the human race
And the rest of you guys too...

I send you a pm (I think, if I get it to work!)
Old 8/15/07, 03:00 PM
Queen Of Nascar

Congrats!! I traded a 05 V6 2 years ago for a 06 GT, and have not regretted the decision one bit!!
Old 8/15/07, 04:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lynda...once you have the GT and throw for the CAI and tuner (I personally suggest Doug and Bamachips)...you will have more "getup and go" then you will know what do with...

Congrats on your new GT!
Old 8/15/07, 05:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mach
Lynda...once you have the GT and throw for the CAI and tuner (I personally suggest Doug and Bamachips)...you will have more "getup and go" then you will know what do with...

Congrats on your new GT!
No doubt I feel the illness coming on....I"ve already decided I want 18" wheels and polished fan blades. I don't know why the 17" bugs me so much on this car and it didn't on my '05 v6. Maybe because this one is silver and the '05 was black. I don't know but I see it coming...

Quick Reply: Cost of 2006 GT