2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Convertible Owners, C'mon In Here.....

Search this Thread

Old 7/10/07, 11:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zaghloul
Since my wreck I've been driving a Ford Mondeo. Its designed for the European market and has many perks such as a proper fusion key and the one touch turn signals. I love the one touch turn signals, its addictive. The only difference I can see is that the one by webelectric does 6 flashes per touch, while Ford's system flashes only 3 times per touch. I think three is too short, and six is too long for a standard lane switch. Maybe they'll come up with an adjustable one.
I have had many cars in the past...and all of my VW's and Audi's have had the one-touch for many years...I was wondering why Ford's didnt do it yet, until I saw your post on the Mondeo...lucky you, we do not have those yet....I would love for the US to get Mondeo's and Ausie's Falcons!!!!
Old 7/19/07, 08:11 AM
Bullitt Member

Webelectric now has the one touch top down modules for sale on his site. Has anyone else installed one yet?

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm
Old 7/19/07, 08:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think three is too short, and six is too long for a standard lane switch. Maybe they'll come up with an adjustable one.

The webelectrics one is adjustable from 2 to 8 flashes, as per the website.
I just ordered the turn signals and one touch top modules! Thanks again TRMN8TR !!
Old 7/19/07, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
I just ordered the turn signals and one touch top modules! Thanks again TRMN8TR !!
Sweet... I'm getting that along with the sequentials once I get my car back.
Old 7/19/07, 10:08 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Webelectric now has the one touch top down modules for sale on his site. Has anyone else installed one yet?

http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm
Sweet! I am really thinking about getting this (along with the 1-touch turn signals), but am wondering how involved the install is... Is it plug and play like the sequentials or do you have to wire them in... Anyone who gets them or has done them can you share?
Old 7/19/07, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
Sweet! I am really thinking about getting this (along with the 1-touch turn signals), but am wondering how involved the install is... Is it plug and play like the sequentials or do you have to wire them in... Anyone who gets them or has done them can you share?
Actually, I got WEs wire-in sequentials. That was a snap to install. The one-touch rear window module was a simple wire-tap affair. I have a feeling the one-touch signals and top modules should not be too difficult. Guess I will find out in a few days. !!
Old 7/19/07, 11:58 AM
Cobra Member

That works!

As long as I am not needing to direct wire in like half a dozen wires, I'll be fine... I get nervous doing wiring work to begin with, so the less I have to deal with actual wires, the better!
Old 7/19/07, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

nice. the only complaint i have is now i'm used to having the one touch signals in the mustang and find myself trying to use them in my other cars
Old 7/19/07, 01:31 PM
Bullitt Member

That works!

As long as I am not needing to direct wire in like half a dozen wires, I'll be fine... I get nervous doing wiring work to begin with, so the less I have to deal with actual wires, the better!
it's actually not that hard. just go one step at a time and it's a breeze. believe me, i'm wiring challanged
Old 7/19/07, 02:08 PM
Cobra Member

>>it's actually not that hard. just go one step at a time and it's a breeze. believe me, i'm wiring challanged<<

That's what I like to hear!

I just ordered the 1-touch and the top switches!
Old 7/19/07, 02:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

>>it's actually not that hard. just go one step at a time and it's a breeze. believe me, i'm wiring challanged<<

That's what I like to hear!

I just ordered the 1-touch and the top switches!
Of course, I spent many many many years rewiring Air Force jets, so a few little automotive wires don't scare me.
Old 7/19/07, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

Of course, I spent many many many years rewiring Air Force jets, so a few little automotive wires don't scare me.
Show-off.....
Old 7/23/07, 06:04 AM
Bullitt Member

should be a breeze for you
Old 7/23/07, 09:51 AM
Meet Krissy, Our Star Racer

Since my wreck I've been driving a Ford Mondeo. Its designed for the European market and has many perks such as a proper fusion key and the one touch turn signals. I love the one touch turn signals, its addictive. The only difference I can see is that the one by webelectric does 6 flashes per touch, while Ford's system flashes only 3 times per touch. I think three is too short, and six is too long for a standard lane switch. Maybe they'll come up with an adjustable one.

Totally agree, i love using them, but 6 is too long!

Nevermind, just read it's programmable from 2 to 8! Horray
Old 7/23/07, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Woohoo!! My order arrived today! Guess I know what I will be doing tomorrow. I will try to take some pics of the install of both modules (turn signal and top).
Old 7/23/07, 05:46 PM
Cobra Member

I just got my order in today as well! (I am doing both the turn signals and top as well), so we'll see how well this will go! Hopefully tonight or tomorrow night I'll be able to get this done! I can't wait!
Old 7/23/07, 09:06 PM
Cobra Member

Well, like a kid with $5 worth of candy, I couldn't wait, I had to rip into it and install it tonight! LOL!

Being wire-challenged, I was a bit aprehensive going in, but I did the easy module first (the 1-touch turn signal) and tried it out and viola, it works perfectly! I even changed the blinks to 5 already (stock is 6)...

Then it was on to the 1-Touch drop top... A bit more involved, but other than a few close calls (I messed up on of the quick connects, but easily fixed it and on one of the wire looms, you need to connect to a black wire, and there is a black and dark grey wire that look VERY similar sitting right next to each other). After connecting everything, I did a test run and... PERFECT! I love it! It didn't seem to drop or go up any faster (although, I didn't have the car on either, just on to the ignition), but it works great! 1 touch! I couldn't be happier... The hardest part was putting the SJB back on the car... For some reason, it did not want to hook back in there, and there really isn't much room to work in that footwell!)...

I suggest having plenty of light (cause some of those wires are a bit close together and hard to tell apart), a lot of patience and enjoy the mints afterwards!
Old 7/23/07, 11:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, like a kid with $5 worth of candy, I couldn't wait, I had to rip into it and install it tonight! LOL!

Being wire-challenged, I was a bit aprehensive going in, but I did the easy module first (the 1-touch turn signal) and tried it out and viola, it works perfectly! I even changed the blinks to 5 already (stock is 6)...

Then it was on to the 1-Touch drop top... A bit more involved, but other than a few close calls (I messed up on of the quick connects, but easily fixed it and on one of the wire looms, you need to connect to a black wire, and there is a black and dark grey wire that look VERY similar sitting right next to each other). After connecting everything, I did a test run and... PERFECT! I love it! It didn't seem to drop or go up any faster (although, I didn't have the car on either, just on to the ignition), but it works great! 1 touch! I couldn't be happier... The hardest part was putting the SJB back on the car... For some reason, it did not want to hook back in there, and there really isn't much room to work in that footwell!)...

I suggest having plenty of light (cause some of those wires are a bit close together and hard to tell apart), a lot of patience and enjoy the mints afterwards!
wow, excellent! that sjb was the hardest part for me too. definately lots of light helps.
aren't those 2 mods the coolest thing?
Old 7/23/07, 11:22 PM
Cobra Member

They are definitely awesome! Nothing that I NEEDED, but will definitely come in handy!

And I went dor a drive and I love the 1 touch top! I can actually put my seat belt on, get in gear, etc while the top is going up or down so that when it's done, I am ready!

The only thing I am worried about is that when the top comes back up, the motor keeps going for about 7-10 seconds after the top connects to the frame... I get the latches on and it still goes for anouther 3-4 seconds... It's not a big thing, I guess I am fast at closing my latches...
Old 7/23/07, 11:37 PM
Bullitt Member

They are definitely awesome! Nothing that I NEEDED, but will definitely come in handy!

And I went dor a drive and I love the 1 touch top! I can actually put my seat belt on, get in gear, etc while the top is going up or down so that when it's done, I am ready!

The only thing I am worried about is that when the top comes back up, the motor keeps going for about 7-10 seconds after the top connects to the frame... I get the latches on and it still goes for anouther 3-4 seconds... It's not a big thing, I guess I am fast at closing my latches...
Man that worries me bigtime! 43 days after owning my car the top completly crapped out. Something in the frame broke, and as I was closing the top back up it just shredded itself, warped, and then got stuck up midway like a big parachute. I am convinced I caused this by repeatidly pressing open when the top was already open in an attempt to make it go lower. Luckily it was covered by warranty and I got an entirely new top assembly.

Quick Reply: Convertible Owners, C'mon In Here.....