2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Convertible Owners, C'mon In Here.....

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/07, 08:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There must have been a change from '05 to '07. When I push the top down button, the windows go down automatically and then the top goes down BUT if I let off the button, everything stops. I like the idea of the windows and top going down at the SAME time and also not having to hold the button. Great mod!
Old 7/2/07, 08:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
but on the other had if the light go's to green & you have to move while top going up or down and you get up to 5mph it stops cold turkey untill you get to a FULL stop, to contiue the process so I think it would be safer to let it at least drop than get ripped off by wind and decapitate the vert owner that may be behind you ?
Old 7/2/07, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
Yes, Thanks Trmn8tr. Don't let the whiners get you down. Obviously they don't appreciate when a cool product comes out. You would think they would be thankful special parts are being made for our verts. Oh well, I for one THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!
Lol................nah they don't bother me, I've raised 2 kids and heard plenty of whining over the years.
I just think it's pretty cool when stuff like this comes out. I don't "need it" I want it.

Thanks!
Old 7/2/07, 09:54 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
explane a bit more about the turn signals? also when is the one touch top going to be available and pricing?
Old 7/2/07, 10:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Dougxox
explane a bit more about the turn signals? also when is the one touch top going to be available and pricing?
the 1 touch signals are for lane changes and all you have to do is slightly depress the turn signal lever (do not click it) and it will blink 6 times. that is already available on their website http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

i'm gonna ask them if they make it for other ford vehicles too.

as far as the one touch top i think it will be very soon, i'll find out for sure.

also i'll bet that vista blue cs car you have looks great!
Old 7/2/07, 10:11 PM
Bullitt Member

i think the one touch roof is a great idea! ill have to consider that. i always complain when i have to sit there and hold the button forever. lol.
Old 7/2/07, 10:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TRMN8TR
the 1 touch signals are for lane changes and all you have to do is slightly depress the turn signal lever (do not click it) and it will blink 6 times. that is already available on their website http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm

i'm gonna ask them if they make it for other ford vehicles too.

as far as the one touch top i think it will be very soon, i'll find out for sure.

also i'll bet that vista blue cs car you have looks great!
Since my wreck I've been driving a Ford Mondeo. Its designed for the European market and has many perks such as a proper fusion key and the one touch turn signals. I love the one touch turn signals, its addictive. The only difference I can see is that the one by webelectric does 6 flashes per touch, while Ford's system flashes only 3 times per touch. I think three is too short, and six is too long for a standard lane switch. Maybe they'll come up with an adjustable one.
Old 7/3/07, 04:37 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by steevr
Love the idea of it because I hate holding the button, but convertible owners, correct me if I'm wrong. When I put the top down, I put down both front windows, then the back. Then I undo both latches. I press the button to start lowering the top and release it almost immediately. The reason....to be able to reach the latches to put them back into the locked position before lowing the top all the way. I don't know what would happen if you lowered the top all the way with the latches in the down & open position.

Same thing when the top goes back up. I stop it before it touches the header and then release the latches that were closed. I then finish putting the top up the last few inches and latch it closed.
+1. I do the same thing.

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
WTF That is the way my 07 GT/CS came from the factory hit the button windows drop first , I was told it's a saftey thing about the glass, no $ extra ?
Yes, all of the mustangs lower the windows. But, they do NOT allow a one-touch operation (ie-new sunroofs). that is the mod that TRMN8TR is posting about.
Old 7/3/07, 05:23 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by steevr
Love the idea of it because I hate holding the button, but convertible owners, correct me if I'm wrong. When I put the top down, I put down both front windows, then the back. Then I undo both latches. I press the button to start lowering the top and release it almost immediately. The reason....to be able to reach the latches to put them back into the locked position before lowing the top all the way. I don't know what would happen if you lowered the top all the way with the latches in the down & open position.

Same thing when the top goes back up. I stop it before it touches the header and then release the latches that were closed. I then finish putting the top up the last few inches and latch it closed.

Steevr...I can't speak for what the owners manual says as far as locking the latches back before retracting but I have not locked them back for 1 1/2 years and have not noticed any problems or issues related to not locking them back. I would not say the reason I don't is laziness, rather force of habit... it seems to me that if it was something important there would have been big warning tags hanging from the handles, if it was critical they would have put a pause in the lowering sequence for re-latching them. This also prevents the possibility of pulling the top back down on the hooks when closing it up because I forgot to stop and open the latches back up.

I just checked the Owners manual and it does not say anything about re-locking the latches. (ref p. 48 of owners manual)
Old 7/3/07, 08:31 AM
GT Member

While I have Your Attention- Shameless Plug

I figure there's probably nothing but fellow vert owners on this thread. For anyone that didn't buy one and wants one here you go.
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=67632
Old 7/3/07, 09:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know when I go to put my top down, I press the top down button once, and that lowers the front and back windows at the same time, I unlatch the latches and then press the top down button while the top goes down... The only thing I would want is that one press back windows up button that Web Electrics has, cause I occasionally forget about that, hit the back button once and the back window then doesn't go anywhere and when I pop my front windows up they bounce back...

I like that turn signal idea too, I think I may add that to my list as well...
Old 7/3/07, 11:14 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Sharky
Nice.
I'm all about saving time.
That's why I read the paper and drink coffe while taking my morning constitutional.
too funny we might be related!
As far as locking the latches before putting the top down,it is unnecessary.Unless it makes you lose sleep at night
Old 7/3/07, 09:17 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I timed my top today and just timed your video. I rolled my windows down first; I figure if you're going to go topless at a stop light, you'd put your windows down before you stopped.

My top went down in 13.0 seconds. In your video, yours went down in 9.5. Mine went up in 12.4; yours in 10.6. Your windows also go down extremely quickly.

Larry says mine's on the way.
Old 7/3/07, 09:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
I timed my top today and just timed your video. I rolled my windows down first; I figure if you're going to go topless at a stop light, you'd put your windows down before you stopped.

My top went down in 13.0 seconds. In your video, yours went down in 9.5. Mine went up in 12.4; yours in 10.6. Your windows also go down extremely quickly.

Larry says mine's on the way.
I'll have to time mine too just to see, but Larry said the windows will go down faster.
post up what you think when you're done Brad
Old 7/4/07, 06:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Sorry to go off-topic a bit, but I just emailed Larry about my malfunctioning one-touch rear windows module. I asked him what I needed to do to get a replacement module. He replied that he will send one out right away, no questions asked. You gotta love the customer service you get from Larry.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled topic...
Old 7/5/07, 10:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts
Wow, just when I thought I was done modding my car...

The "one touch" turn signal thing sounds like a winner.

So does this auto-lowering top. I also stop my top to retract the latches before continuing to lower it; I was under the impression this was necessary to prevent damage to the top.

Are you SURE that the latches don't need to be retracted before lowering the top?
Old 7/5/07, 10:54 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by mrkabc
Wow, just when I thought I was done modding my car...

The "one touch" turn signal thing sounds like a winner.

So does this auto-lowering top. I also stop my top to retract the latches before continuing to lower it; I was under the impression this was necessary to prevent damage to the top.
I promise it wont damage anything. I'm one of the most **** people on this forum, so I wouldn't do it if it was bad.I've been putting the top up and down since Sept 05.
Old 7/5/07, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

If you are worried about your latches when open, take a look at them when the top is down. They don't touch anything important -- no contact with the top at all, just the headliner. I was worried about that too until I looked.
Old 7/8/07, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k5GTC
If you are worried about your latches when open, take a look at them when the top is down. They don't touch anything important -- no contact with the top at all, just the headliner. I was worried about that too until I looked.

i have owned quite a few convertibles over the years and never closed the latches.
by the way, i am really liking the 1 touch top down button. super convenient
Old 7/10/07, 09:53 AM
GT Member

I despise holding the button while the top goes down, and would love this type of product.

However, I am concerned about the windows lowering at the same time as the top. I believe the windows lower before the top to lesson any stress on the windows. The owners manual for my old ragtop (Miata) stated that the windows should be lowered before unlatching the top. The current design by Ford lowers the windows before the top. Shouldn't the Webelectric solution do the same thing? I wouldn't mind pushing and releasing the button once to lower the windows (while I unlatch the top), and then pushing and releasing the button to put the top down.

Quick Reply: Convertible Owners, C'mon In Here.....