2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Convertible Owners, C'mon In Here.....

Search this Thread

Old 7/2/07, 05:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Convertible Owners, C'mon In Here.....

I was at Larry from Webelectric Products place yesterday to install a couple of new prototype products he has developed in my 06 GT convertible.
1) One touch top down module-this thing is the cat's meow! Touch the top down button and the windows and the top all go down together. No more holding the button and waiting for the windows then the top. I'll have to time it but it's REALLY fast.
As a bonus the same module has extra connections for the optional lightbar with a brakelight (which I just installed).
Larry had me do the installation while he watched and took notes (he knows I'm electrically challanged). I took my time and went step-by-step and in the end everything worked!
I'm going to try to make a video of it in action.
This is a MUST have mod for the verts.

Video: http://media.putfile.com/Webelectric...-One-Touch-Top

2) The other product we installed was the one-touch turn signals, this is really cool and I used it all the way home while making lane changes on the highway.
Old 7/2/07, 06:30 AM

Nothing like spamming every forum on the Internet............
Old 7/2/07, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by uberPony
Nothing like spamming every forum on the Internet............
Sorry to spoil your fun but these are the forums i visit on a regular basis like you and when i see something that all of us mustang enthusiasts can use or might like, i like to spread the word, not spam.

thank you
Old 7/2/07, 08:03 AM
GT Member

I would think the windows were meant to go down separately to not overload the circuit or put excess load on the battery. I guess having them all work together isn't an issue? I do like the ability to just briefly touch the button for everything to work. Anyone who's had to sit there manually holding the button knows what a pain it is. How much is it for this system and how long is the install?
Old 7/2/07, 09:35 AM
Bullitt Member

What happens if you press it by accident when the top is latched?
Old 7/2/07, 10:31 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ponyonfire
I would think the windows were meant to go down separately to not overload the circuit or put excess load on the battery. I guess having them all work together isn't an issue? I do like the ability to just briefly touch the button for everything to work. Anyone who's had to sit there manually holding the button knows what a pain it is. How much is it for this system and how long is the install?
It's really a nice little feature to just touch the button and it all happens together, kinda like one touch windows we have on our cars.
Not sure on the price and the install is a little involved but very doable, you just have to go step by step, and i'm wiring challanged. If you've ever installed a stereo system in your car you could easily do this.
Old 7/2/07, 10:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by zaghloul
What happens if you press it by accident when the top is latched?
It's got a circuit built into the micro processor that will sense when the top is latched or if someone is sitting on the top when it's down that will not let it cycle.
Old 7/2/07, 12:23 PM
GT Member

the one concern i have is: if you push the button to put it up or down can you push the button midway to stop it if need be; the reason i ask is that one time when i was putting my top up in the garage i had to stop it because it was going to catch on the garage door pipe hanging down and the results would not have been pretty;

yes it is a cool gadget but something that i probably would not want in lieu of other things.
Old 7/2/07, 12:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by TRMN8TR
Sorry to spoil your fun but these are the forums i visit on a regular basis like you and when i see something that all of us mustang enthusiasts can use or might like, i like to spread the word, not spam.

thank you
maybe so but when you go on other forums and post in the talk section and then go to the gt section it is there again and so on then that is like spamming because it is all over.
Old 7/2/07, 02:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by vicmeldrew
maybe so but when you go on other forums and post in the talk section and then go to the gt section it is there again and so on then that is like spamming because it is all over.

again, please do not get confused with my posting on several forums. These are the few forums that I frequent and just like you or anyone else on these CAR ENTHUSIAST sites I get pumped up with new ideas for our cars.
And yes, you can stop the motion of the top in midstream should you need to.
Old 7/2/07, 02:32 PM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I wouldn't have known about it if you hadn't posted it here. Thanks TRMN8TR.
Old 7/2/07, 02:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TMSBrad

Thanks Brad.
Old 7/2/07, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
+1. I will consider it with the turn signal mod.
Old 7/2/07, 06:57 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
give the guy a break.I like the idea and will add to my mod list.. The windows go down too at the same time?
Old 7/2/07, 07:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by ponyonfire
I believe that the windows go down just so that you can't hit them with the top when the top retracts. (You're supposed to lower the windows when you lower the top, so it just saves you the hassle of having to do it yourself)

In terms of a PITA...definitely. It takes WAY too long to raise/lower the top. I think hardtop verts do it quicker.
Old 7/2/07, 07:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
give the guy a break.I like the idea and will add to my mod list.. The windows go down too at the same time?

yes all the windows drop at the same time and faster than normal i believe. the whole process is pretty quick now....especially at a traffic light
Old 7/2/07, 08:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Nice.
I'm all about saving time.
That's why I read the paper and drink coffe while taking my morning constitutional.
Old 7/2/07, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Love the idea of it because I hate holding the button, but convertible owners, correct me if I'm wrong. When I put the top down, I put down both front windows, then the back. Then I undo both latches. I press the button to start lowering the top and release it almost immediately. The reason....to be able to reach the latches to put them back into the locked position before lowing the top all the way. I don't know what would happen if you lowered the top all the way with the latches in the down & open position.

Same thing when the top goes back up. I stop it before it touches the header and then release the latches that were closed. I then finish putting the top up the last few inches and latch it closed.
Old 7/2/07, 08:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TRMN8TR
I was at Larry from Webelectric Products place yesterday to install a couple of new prototype products he has developed in my 06 GT convertible.
1) One touch top down module-this thing is the cat's meow! Touch the top down button and the windows and the top all go down together. No more holding the button and waiting for the windows then the top. I'll have to time it but it's REALLY fast.
As a bonus the same module has extra connections for the optional lightbar with a brakelight (which I just installed).
Larry had me do the installation while he watched and took notes (he knows I'm electrically challanged). I took my time and went step-by-step and in the end everything worked!
I'm going to try to make a video of it in action.
This is a MUST have mod for the verts.

Video: http://media.putfile.com/Webelectric...-One-Touch-Top

2) The other product we installed was the one-touch turn signals, this is really cool and I used it all the way home while making lane changes on the highway.
WTF That is the way my 07 GT/CS came from the factory hit the button windows drop first , I was told it's a saftey thing about the glass, no $ extra ?
Old 7/2/07, 08:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yes, Thanks Trmn8tr. Don't let the whiners get you down. Obviously they don't appreciate when a cool product comes out. You would think they would be thankful special parts are being made for our verts. Oh well, I for one THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!

Quick Reply: Convertible Owners, C'mon In Here.....