Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Consumer Alert

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/06, 08:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Consumer Alert

DO NOT BUY FROM RPM0UTLET.COM I ordered a panhard brace, it gets here bent. I've been trying for a week to get ahold of them several email, no reply. Lots of phone calls I get a machine or a busy signal no call back. I finally get ahold of someone today and tell them about the damaged part and they tell me I will have to file a claim with UPS that its not there responsibility. I say well the package looked fine but you guys didnt pack it well but it doesnt show any damage to the box. She avoids my reasoning and says again I have to file a claim with UPS. Im already pissed its been a week so now im fuming, I ask to talk to a supervisor, "he wont be in till after 1" For all I know it was damaged before UPS even picked it up. It shouldnt be my responsibilty. A GOOD company would take it back and theyd deal with UPS if they really believe they bent the brace.

Alot of other members have had issues also with there customer service.

So once again DO NOT BUY FROM THEM.
Old 7/18/06, 09:38 AM
V6 Member

Ok, you’re angry. Let me be the voice of reason.

1. They cannot take the part back and work with UPS. The assumption is the item leaves in OK condition and gets damaged in shipping and is noticed by the RECEIVER, not the SHIPPER. Unfortunately, the receiver must initiate claims.

2. They are just playing the “delay game”. They make you jump through hoops hoping you’ll tire of the hassle and just accept the loss. It just as good as a sale to them. They point the finger at UPS, and you’ll have to show how it’s not UPS.

3. Solution, although somewhat painful: Take pictures of the undamaged box and any packing material. Submit the UPS claim. If there is no damage to the box supporting a damage-in-shipping claim, they will deny liability. Submit pictures and UPS damage rejection notice to original shipper, stating, “I filed the claim as you instructed, but there is no evidence of damage in shipping”. Since you paid by credit card - you DID pay by credit card, didn’t you - submit the same to the cc company and dispute the charges. The cc company will say the vendor has 30 days to give a refund however, so a dispute won’t do any good until they drag their feet for more than 30 days. If they do, then dispute it, it gets taken off your bill, and you don’t care how long the cc company has to mess with the vendor. If you did not use a cc, then your position is substantially weaker.

Getting angry won’t solve the problem, but I do understand the feeling getting jacked around. I offer this to help in your situation and for any others in the future.
Old 7/18/06, 09:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

I just found another problem. at the same time I ordered LCA relocation brackets. Well theres a left side and a right side bracket. They sent me two passenger side brackets.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/05Mustang/CAB005.jpg

notice in th above pic how there is a indentation for the sway bar, so that they do not hit or rub on each other.
Old 7/18/06, 11:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

UPDATE: Well since I couldnt get any real info from RPMOutlet I called BMR to confirm my suspicions. Come to find out my panhard brace is supossed to have the dent/bend in it. Its a recent change for clearance issues and the pictures do not represent the change. BMR's I.T. department is working on revamping there entire website including pictures and it will be up to date soon.

As for the LCA Relocation Brackets they did send me two passenger side ones as they are suppossed to be mirror images one indentation on the left and on the other on the right so as to clear the sway bars. Well I told BMR of my problems getting through to RPMOutlet and they are taking care of it for me and trying to work it out that I can ship them straight back to them instead of to RPMOutlet. I live near orlando and BMR is in Tampa so it would be a much faster shipping.

I expected RPMOutlet to give me the kind of service I recieved from BMR as I bought the parts from them! Not from BMR! But instead its BMR taking care of me! So +2 for BMR -2 For RPMOutlet
Old 7/18/06, 11:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Not surprised! I wouldn't touch RPMoutlet with a 10 foot pole. BMR are good folks, they will get you taken care of. Next time, just go straight to them! =)
Old 7/18/06, 12:15 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thanks for the warning!
Old 7/19/06, 05:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Update: BMR called me back they are shipping me new LCA Relocation brackets along with return shipping for the wrong ones. BMR didnt make me shell out anymore money for the part until they get the old ones back like RPMOutlet did to another forum member when they shipped him the wrong part.

On a final note still no reply from RPMOutlet no call or email or apology.
Old 7/19/06, 07:56 AM
GTR Member

buying stuff online is like a box of chocolates...............
Old 7/19/06, 01:57 PM
V6 Member

More than one thread on here about RPMoutlet.com. Searching first, saves you a little pain later.
Old 7/19/06, 03:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

You should file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in their state regarding their treatment of your issue. That should get their attention.
Old 7/20/06, 07:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Got the new LCA brackets yesterday right before I went to work. That was fast. Return shipping label inside as promised. Going to take the other ones up to the UPS store near by in a little bit as I have th day off. Another note. The parts shipped by BMR were much better wrapped for shipping.
Old 7/20/06, 07:53 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by FireFighterHill
Got the new LCA brackets yesterday right before I went to work. That was fast. Return shipping label inside as promised. Going to take the other ones up to the UPS store near by in a little bit as I have th day off. Another note. The parts shipped by BMR were much better wrapped for shipping.
So what have you learned Daneilson?
Old 7/20/06, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've learned next time I need to go straight to BMR and skip the middle man. Especially if that middleman happens to be RPMOutlet.
Old 7/20/06, 12:17 PM
Cobra R Member

I would suggest to take a digital pic of both the damaged part and the undamaged shipping box.......but in this case it appears that this bogus company that you're dealing with isn't going to care one way or the other. I'm glad that I like my Mustang GT just bone stock the way I ordered it, that way I don't have to deal with crap like this from any aftermarket companies. BTW, most all are probably legit, so I am in no way trying to tarnish the honest and hardworking ones......just the ones that rightfully deserve it.
Old 7/20/06, 02:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I've had issues with RPMOutlet as well as a bunch of other people. I will never do business with them again....