2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Connections on the Factory Stereo to use an Ipod?

Search this Thread

Old 7/15/04, 08:24 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The newest Dell player has more memory and longer battery life for a cheaper price than the Ipod. I don't know why people go so crazy over it.
Old 7/15/04, 08:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

I wonder why nobody did answer mammoth's question... but here you go:

The factory stereo has an auxiliary input. Whether it's easy to access or not is the question, but it definitely has one. You may also need an adapter etc, but at least your dealer should be able to install a cable for you that you can plug into your iPod's line out

P.S: anyone knows if the factory stereo can display song names etc in the message center?
Old 7/15/04, 09:20 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by Centurion@July 15, 2004, 8:27 AM
The newest Dell player has more memory and longer battery life for a cheaper price than the Ipod. I don't know why people go so crazy over it.
I agree. My friend has the Dell DJ and it's great. I think iPods are more popular due to the fact that they were the first truly great mp3 player to hit the market.
Old 7/15/04, 12:17 PM

Originally posted by Wombert@July 15, 2004, 8:35 AM

The factory stereo has an auxiliary input. Whether it's easy to access or not is the question, but it definitely has one. You may also need an adapter etc, but at least your dealer should be able to install a cable for you that you can plug into your iPod's line out

P.S: anyone knows if the factory stereo can display song names etc in the message center?
U FREAKIN REEKA Thanks man for answering my question! Glad to hear this although an Alpine stereo would be nice, hehe.

As far as the Ipod being desired - cause they are freakin sexy, cool looking, quality built, etc. Just like Apple's HD Cinema Displays for computers; those might be $2K, but they are so stunning and soothing to one's senses its ridiculous.
Old 7/15/04, 01:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by the mammoth car@July 15, 2004, 12:20 PM
As far as the Ipod being desired - cause they are freakin sexy, cool looking, quality built, etc. Just like Apple's HD Cinema Displays for computers; those might be $2K, but they are so stunning and soothing to one's senses its ridiculous.
way off topic here, but did you see the new 30' HD Display they put out? 2560x1600 pixels, so big it needed a completely new graphics card. i think it works with PCs too.
http://www.apple.com/displays/
Put one of those in the dash of your 05' GT alongside your ipod. That should have enough space to display song name and artist info...
Old 7/15/04, 01:55 PM

Originally posted by mustang_sallad+July 15, 2004, 1:03 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mustang_sallad @ July 15, 2004, 1:03 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the mammoth car@July 15, 2004, 12:20 PM
way off topic here, but did you see the new 30' HD Display they put out? 2560x1600 pixels, so big it needed a completely new graphics card. i think it works with PCs too.
http://www.apple.com/displays/
Put one of those in the dash of your 05' GT alongside your ipod. That should have enough space to display song name and artist info... [/b][/quote]
yeah I saw the new ones - aesthetically the older casing looks better. Yes you can use it with PCs BUT u cant adjust the monitors brihtness, color, black level, etc. without Macintosh software. And as we all know cant put that on a PC. yes u can use ur graphics card to change some settings, but the picture wont be as good as changing the settings in the monitor itself. Oh well! :bang:
Old 7/15/04, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

I've got the mach 460 with 6 speakers in my vert. speaker placement is two speakers near side mirrors, two below, two behind front seats. What would most likely be the speaker placement of the shaker 1000?
Old 7/15/04, 10:09 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Wombert@July 15, 2004, 8:35 AM

Where did ya hear this? I don't know of any factory head units that have aux spots...at least none I've ever seen...

And btw, if it does have an aux, all ya need to do is pull the head unit out, and wire it up, fish the wire to desired location and put the head unit back in...no need to remove the entire dash...
Old 7/16/04, 01:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by the mammoth car@July 15, 2004, 12:58 PM
yeah I saw the new ones - aesthetically the older casing looks better. Yes you can use it with PCs BUT u cant adjust the monitors brihtness, color, black level, etc. without Macintosh software. And as we all know cant put that on a PC. yes u can use ur graphics card to change some settings, but the picture wont be as good as changing the settings in the monitor itself. Oh well! :bang:
With DVI, you don't need to adjust settings.
Old 7/16/04, 03:51 AM

Originally posted by Decipher+July 16, 2004, 1:03 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Decipher @ July 16, 2004, 1:03 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-the mammoth car@July 15, 2004, 12:58 PM
With DVI, you don't need to adjust settings. [/b][/quote]
ummm, u need to adjust settings if you dont want to use the native resolution. yes u do! check out computer optimizing and building sites like tomshardware.com sometime.
Old 7/16/04, 04:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by FrankBullitt05+July 16, 2004, 6:12 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FrankBullitt05 @ July 16, 2004, 6:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Wombert@July 15, 2004, 8:35 AM

Where did ya hear this? I don't know of any factory head units that have aux spots...at least none I've ever seen...

And btw, if it does have an aux, all ya need to do is pull the head unit out, and wire it up, fish the wire to desired location and put the head unit back in...no need to remove the entire dash... [/b][/quote]
The head unit has an AUX button...
Old 7/16/04, 12:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by the mammoth car@July 16, 2004, 2:54 AM
ummm, u need to adjust settings if you dont want to use the native resolution. yes u do! check out computer optimizing and building sites like tomshardware.com sometime.
Depending on the panel, you shouldn't run it at anything but the native resolution, as most are horrible at interpolation.

Oh, and just to be clear: By settings I meant the kind you would have on a CRT like Colour Temp, Brightness, Contrast, Image position, Moire, Pincushion, Recall, Degauss, Geometry, etc.

<3 DVI. I wish my videocard on this craptastic computer had it, so I could get a pure DVI LCD monitor and not have to depend on VGA as a back up.
Old 7/16/04, 01:44 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by Wombert+July 16, 2004, 4:48 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Wombert @ July 16, 2004, 4:48 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by FrankBullitt05@July 16, 2004, 6:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wombert
@July 15, 2004, 8:35 AM
I

The head unit has an AUX button... [/b][/quote]

Aha...I stand corrected, just under the mute button...next to the menu button...
Old 7/16/04, 01:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Centurion@July 15, 2004, 9:27 AM
because of that dumb song and annoying commercial
Old 7/16/04, 03:17 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by kevinb120+July 16, 2004, 4:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ July 16, 2004, 4:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Centurion@July 15, 2004, 9:27 AM
because of that dumb song and annoying commercial [/b][/quote]
What? You didn't think this guy was cool?

OT: I ordered a Dell for a friend and instead of the promised 7-10 bus. days, its going to take around 1.5 months because of a few screwups with the website and with part shipments. :bang: