2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

The Compliments Keep Coming

Search this Thread

Old 6/16/06, 01:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 115 Likes on 85 Posts
Thumbs up The Compliments Keep Coming

Even as we begin to see the first '07's make their way into circulation, people still love the Mustang's look.

I'm at the drive-thru for lunch today. "What a beautiful car! I just love that red interior!"

You think that after a few seasons the responses will wind down, but folks still have complimentary things to say.

A sure sign that HTT and crew really hit a home run with this generation. I feel very fortunate to get to drive this wonderful piece of machinery! It's nice to have a car I think of as "her" again.
Old 6/16/06, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep, I know exactly what you mean.
I had a state trooper pull up next to me at a light last week, I didnt look over, so he flashed his sirens real quick. When I looked over, he smiled, gave a thumbs up and said "love that GT" "thanks, I love it too" "I wanted to pull you over, but I wouldnt have had a good reason other than to look at your car". We both laughed and went our separate ways, really cool guy.

I still have what I call LBS, or Look Back Syndrome, everytime I get out of the car and walk away. I take a few steps and find a reason to look back in the direction of my car, just to get a look at it. Or if i have to go inside a building, get food or anything, I find myself constantly looking out the window at it, lol. Its a really beautiful machine.
Old 6/16/06, 02:24 PM
Team Mustang Source

I suffer from LBS everytime I get out of the car.
Old 6/17/06, 08:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Same here I have to make sure it is still there when I get out. I had a compliment this afternoon myself....

Guy: "You picked the right color."
Me: "I know, wouldnt have it any other way."
Guy: "Anything done to it?"
Me: "It has 345hp at the crank."
guy+me: <fist bump> and on our way.
Old 6/17/06, 08:23 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
It makes me smile when a carload of teenage boys pulls up next to me and yells out how much they like my car.
I bought it for me, not to show off. Oh to be young again!
Old 6/17/06, 09:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Not only LBS, but also RISWS (reflection in store window syndrome). Nothing like seeing the side of the car with you in it as you're going by. Just make sure to keep looking in front of you so that it's not SIS (stupid idiot syndrome).
Old 6/18/06, 12:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I too am still suprised how may heads this car still turns. I was in a BP gas station, having just gotten back in my car, and this guy, probably in his late 40's, early 50's looked in my car and said, "Alright, a 5-speed" Then he just continued to praise the color and the stripes my car has on them. Goes as far to say, that he may need to get one, as he missed his 68 he had. I think this car will get compliments for many many years, its that good looking, and the style won't just die like other cars in the past have suffered from. All in all, I am SO GLAD I wound up buying one. I love my car to death.
Old 6/18/06, 06:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by steevr
Not only LBS, but also RISWS (reflection in store window syndrome). Nothing like seeing the side of the car with you in it as you're going by. Just make sure to keep looking in front of you so that it's not SIS (stupid idiot syndrome).
Haha, yep I do that too. Actually, and this is kind of ridiculous, when I pull up at a light, and a car pulls next to me... I look at the other car sometimes... not at the driver, at the body of the car... so I can see MY car... lol.

I had another compliment yesterday on my way to the mall to pickup a father's day gift. I stopped at a light near the mall and this beautiful older blonde lady and (what I assumed was) her husband, pull up next to me slowly in another black GT, but with a convertible top and the 18" chrome wheels. As they pull up, I see them looking at my car and I comment "nice car!", and she smiles back and laughs and replies "Nice car too". We engage in small talk, and she ask if I did anything to my "tailpipes", I said "yes, I added a different set of mufflers to improve the sound", "I LOVE it, it sounds so much meaner than mine!" "yes but you have a drop top!" we laughed, and at the light I pulled off ahead of her to get over because I needed to make the next turn.. and she flashed her highbeams at me. That was a fun one.

I have to say, every other 05+ GT owner I have met down here have been extremely cool people. Always thumbs up, smiles, head nods, high beam flashes. I dont know what it is about this new Mustang.
Old 6/20/06, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Heh I had 8 year old kids doing their crossing guard duty by my house and his co-"worker" and him just staring at my car as I turned left through the crosswalk and the one said to the other That's a nice car!
Old 6/20/06, 01:39 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by steevr
Another entertaining reflection is with the trailers with the polished stainless steel tanks.
Old 6/20/06, 02:09 PM
GT Member

The fact that the car gets looks entering its 3rd model year, that tells you that it is a great design!

Tony D
Old 6/20/06, 03:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Yeah this car still turns heads. People are getting tired of the excuse for being late, "This guy/gal came up to me and started talking to me about the car..."

I was driving on a hwy the other day and noticed a gorgeous black Mercedes SLK entering from a gas station. Saw in my rear view the guy was weaving traffic to catch up. Gets next to me and says, "beautiful car" and gives a thumbs up. I say thanks and return the compliment. As he pulls away I read the trunk lid, SLK 55 AMG

Thank you HTT
Old 6/20/06, 04:26 PM
FR500 Member

i still get it at traffic lights and when i park...its an exotic daily driver!!!!!!!!!!!!