2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the competition WILL be returning

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/04, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The newer, and uglier, corvettes! That's what!

Woah, wait a minute. Sounds like you are talking about the GTO here. Ain't no way Chrysler is going to use Holdens or anything with a Corvette engine in it.
I was commenting on that... And, I WILL have a 2005 Mustang before the end of this year., no fake charger for me
Old 6/4/04, 09:52 AM
GTR Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Woah, wait a minute. Sounds like you are talking about the GTO here. Ain't no way Chrysler is going to use Holdens or anything with a Corvette engine in it.
Sorry, wires crossed, come on it is 4.45pm on a Friday afternoon (one bonus of living here, I start the weekend at least 5 hours earlier !!!)

Sorry for the mistake..........................
Old 6/4/04, 10:38 AM
GT Member

everytime i go by a GM dealer,,,,,,all i see is rows of ugly trucks!!!!,,,,maybe a handfull of cars. The interior of some gm's i never got,,,,,,realy boxy and long,,,,,,just not my cake! The new stang interior i think is awsome,,,,,,,i dont know where he's saying ford needs to get it right,,,,,it is right!!!

The new dodge magnum,,,,,and chrysler 300 looks pretty kool IMO,,,weird seeing a large grill on a car again
Old 6/4/04, 10:47 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally posted by mkoesel+Jun. 4th, 2004, 7:22 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mkoesel @ Jun. 4th, 2004, 7:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-justgreat@Jun. 4th, 2004, 6:41 AM
wait a minute, zeta? isn't that the two seater 4 cylinder that pontiac is coming out with? jackg 90seville 94k
No, that's Kappa.

Zeta will underpin sedans, wagons, and 4-seat coupes and convertibles. 350k+ units/year worldwide. [/b][/quote]
and whats under the trucks??? Omega Psi Phi????? HAHA lol but it wouldnt surprise me if the new camaro is another holden import. GM just seems to be getting desperate and doesnt have any really good designs to use
Old 6/4/04, 11:10 AM
GT Member

Originally posted by BLAKE+Jun. 4th, 2004, 9:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLAKE @ Jun. 4th, 2004, 9:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-justgreat@Jun. 4th, 2004, 8:50 AM
i wouldn't be so quick to write off an attempt by gm to go head to head with the mustang. gm has made some amazing progress in the last few years in bring out product that the public actually wants to buy
LMAO! Like what?

(If you say SSR, you're fired) [/b][/quote]
My dad likes his Astro mini-van. Seriously though, you could make a case for the Monte Carlo. It's not much for performance, but it does look good.
Old 6/4/04, 11:11 AM
GT Member

I hope Chrysler does do a Charger that is a decent muscle car. Jeez, they need to have something.
Old 6/4/04, 11:33 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Dan+Jun. 4th, 2004, 10:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dan @ Jun. 4th, 2004, 10:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-DrunkenDragon713@Jun. 4th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Dodge Charger
Nuff said...
You'd take a charger over a stang? [/b][/quote]
Look at his sig, hes a Mustang brother

Ill stick with the namplate that never had to be RESURECTED as well
Old 6/4/04, 11:52 AM
V6 Member

If I wasn't getting the mustang I'd probably get a cadillac lol, that monte carlo does look nice too though...

But the 2005 it is for me.
Old 6/4/04, 12:37 PM

I heard that alot of car manufactures with the exception of Ford with the Mustang are trying to bring back their most popular vehicles from the 60's and 70's. I really think that is where the auto industry is going....alot of people like the old classic style cars but don't buy them because of the cost to restore them and maintenance that is needed to keep them running in good shape. Who would have thought you could get a classic looking car with all the luxury and amenities of today's modern cars.....
GM is thinking about a Corvette of that from the early 70's Stingray. This new Camaro will problably look like the popular car from the late 60's. HMMM...that would be something to look at...

Examples:
Mustang, GT 40,Chevy SS Truck,Prowler,GTO(just the name),Pt Cruiser,Minni Cooper...
With the return of the HEMI engine the Charger is very possible....
Old 6/4/04, 01:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Goat Rider@Jun. 4th, 2004, 11:14 AM
I hope Chrysler does do a Charger that is a decent muscle car. Jeez, they need to have something.
Chrysler has some nice looking vehicles. Unfortunally everytime they come out with something cool and sporty, they want a fortune for it (i.e. Prowler, Viper, Steath). At least they know how to make a decent looking vehicle though. GM has the worst looking vehicles IMO. Have driven past a chevy, saturn, GMC, buick, Olsmobile dealer lately? Yuck!

Seems like the retro-type look started with the 94 dodge ram.
Old 6/4/04, 01:29 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by JZInternet+Jun. 4th, 2004, 2:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JZInternet @ Jun. 4th, 2004, 2:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Goat Rider@Jun. 4th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Chrysler has some nice looking vehicles. Unfortunally everytime they come out with something cool and sporty, they want a fortune for it (i.e. Prowler, Viper, Steath). At least they know how to make a decent looking vehicle though. GM has the worst looking vehicles IMO. Have driven past a chevy, saturn, GMC, buick, Olsmobile dealer lately? Yuck!

Seems like the retro-type look started with the 94 dodge ram. [/b][/quote]
The original Miata started it to replicate the lotus elan of the 60's
Old 6/4/04, 02:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by kevinb120+Jun. 4th, 2004, 1:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kevinb120 @ Jun. 4th, 2004, 1:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by JZInternet@Jun. 4th, 2004, 2:21 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Goat Rider
@Jun. 4th, 2004, 11:14 AM

Seems like the retro-type look started with the 94 dodge ram.
The original Miata started it to replicate the lotus elan of the 60's [/b][/quote]
hehehe
Old 6/4/04, 02:27 PM
V6 Member

Kinda makes you wonder though....after all these years with automotive breakthroughs...it appears the forthcoming theme is "retro"...which so far hasn't really disappointed (in the Mustang at least) but what will come after that...will all Mustangs ever to be built in the remaining years of humanity be retro-ish or will an all new never before thought of design come into being?.....makes you think.
Old 6/4/04, 03:38 PM
GT Member

I really think all the classic models will be exactly remade with new technology in it. Give it about 20-30 years. Don't know why I'm so convinced about this. Call it a gut feeling.
Old 6/4/04, 05:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BLAKE+Jun. 4th, 2004, 9:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BLAKE @ Jun. 4th, 2004, 9:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-justgreat@Jun. 4th, 2004, 8:50 AM
i wouldn't be so quick to write off an attempt by gm to go head to head with the mustang. gm has made some amazing progress in the last few years in bring out product that the public actually wants to buy
LMAO! Like what?

(If you say SSR, you're fired) [/b][/quote]
Old 6/4/04, 05:50 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by My05Stang@Jun. 4th, 2004, 12:40 PM
This new Camaro will problably look like the popular car from the late 60's. HMMM...that would be something to look at...
Naw, GM keeps take shots at Ford by saying they are living in the past. The brass at GM wants to innovate when it comes to styling.

I guess they feel that a name alone carries enough strength to keep them coming in?

Like when they ressurected NOVA, because NOVA meant a a reliable car at an affordable price. I remeber that day when they did that. I think they had to rush every single Nova nut to the hospital for life support because they went catatonic.

Problem it seems with the Camaro, GM maintains that the F-body is the premier performance pony car, always was, always will be, no matter what Ford does and at reasonable price. However in the translation of that statment, they seem to build something that is uncompromised in performance at that price, but is compromised eveywhere else. like an interior that is designed for 4, but only seats 1 comfortable, a windshield raked back so far, if the seat is set anywhere beyond almost horizontal you are in danger of caving in your forehead. Forget a useful trunk. etc.

Okay, beyond that I think they forget about the good stuff too, like the visceral appeal of a good exhaust system, stock or not. Easy maintence and modification (okay Ford kinda forgot with the 4.6, but at least you dont have to crawl under the car to change the passenger side rear spark plug)

Everybody raise your hands, way back in the day when the 87 5.0 came out and somebody put a set of flows on it who didn't want one because they sounded bad ****. Heck even stock wasn't so bad either.

Then again when I think back, in 86 or 87, Mustang and Buick GN were the only real game in town, IROC Z's and Corvettes where down on power and high on weight, not mention not as repsonsive to mods.
Old 6/4/04, 06:08 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DarkStallion2K@Jun. 4th, 2004, 3:30 PM
Kinda makes you wonder though....after all these years with automotive breakthroughs...it appears the forthcoming theme is "retro"...which so far hasn't really disappointed (in the Mustang at least) but what will come after that...will all Mustangs ever to be built in the remaining years of humanity be retro-ish or will an all new never before thought of design come into being?.....makes you think.
I agree to a point..

I think the Mustang should never leave behind the original styling cues
-pony in the grille
-side scallop or scoops
-3-element taillamps
as for how the rest of the package comes together, I am sure it will follow trends

On to the competition:

GM has the new RWD architecture, the rumors point to the Impala, GrandPrix, GTO and Monte Carlo (renamed chevelle) and others, to be on this chassis.

The next charger will be a great performance car, especially with a Hemi R/T, but it will be much more expensive than a Mustang and will be a 4-door (at least initially).
Old 6/4/04, 07:44 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by My05Stang@Jun. 4th, 2004, 12:40 PM
I heard that alot of car manufactures with the exception of Ford with the Mustang are trying to bring back their most popular vehicles from the 60's and 70's. I really think that is where the auto industry is going....alot of people like the old classic style cars but don't buy them because of the cost to restore them and maintenance that is needed to keep them running in good shape. Who would have thought you could get a classic looking car with all the luxury and amenities of today's modern cars.....
GM is thinking about a Corvette of that from the early 70's Stingray. This new Camaro will problably look like the popular car from the late 60's. HMMM...that would be something to look at...

Examples:
Mustang, GT 40,Chevy SS Truck,Prowler,GTO(just the name),Pt Cruiser,Minni Cooper...
With the return of the HEMI engine the Charger is very possible....
That would be great. Wow a 70 vette, I like the idea of that, or a 69 427
Old 6/4/04, 08:11 PM
I'm people, and I like.

i would really love to see all the classic muscle cars come back. 'cuda, chevelle, camaro, charger. maybe a nova, a judge. i would really like to see a firebird looking like the 67-68. i just need to see more rwd cars and less fwd.
Old 6/4/04, 09:15 PM
Cobra R Member

Thumbs down

Mark my words, "The SUV craze is ending, Musle Cars are on the rise!"

Quick Reply: the competition WILL be returning