2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Which color is worth more

Search this Thread

Old 7/5/05, 10:11 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My take:

I would find out what color ford made the most of this year (for GT)...for future resale purposes,that color might be the easiest to resell.As wild as colors like sonic/lime/yellow are,they would probably be harder to sell.

I know when i go for walks at local automall there are a number of 99-04 stangs still on the lot...and it seems like it taking forever to sell the yellow and orange ones they have...where as the silvers ones all seem to finally have been sold...

That being said,i would buy the color you like the best... "vista blue"
Old 7/5/05, 10:21 PM
GT Member

The color that will be worth the most is the one with a All-Aluminum 427 lurking under the hood.
Old 7/5/05, 11:51 PM
Bullitt Member

I hate to tell you but, you're going to have to wait about 35 years for your car to even be worth what you paid for it today, thats if it's perfect...
That being said, the rarity of a color is not what increases a vintage car's value, it's the popularity of the color down the road. For example, Seafoam Green is a rare color for a '68 Mustang, but today, like in '68, no one wants a Seafoam Mustang. I love the Mustang color called "Emberglo", a rare '66 only color, but today, as then, red would be an easier sell. ICAP, with resale red or black would be my bet for popularity in forty years, both me and mine will probably long gone by then...
Paul
Old 7/6/05, 12:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@July 5, 2005, 9:18 PM

You guys are too much.

In three years you'll be lucky to get 50 cents on the dollar, and that is if you got the x plan.

Shoot, if thats true which one of you wants to sell yours to me in 3 years? Just be gentle with it alright?
Old 7/6/05, 12:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Which color is worth more?

Which ever one you plan on buying/already bought.

The color will be personally worth more to you from the moment it arrives!
Old 7/6/05, 12:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by aponyfan@July 5, 2005, 11:47 PM
Which color is worth more?

Which ever one you plan on buying/already bought.

The color will be personally worth more to you from the moment it arrives!
Great answer... I agree
Old 7/6/05, 01:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally posted by mr-mstng@July 5, 2005, 5:11 PM
Usually Red is the most popular color. Not sure if it will result in a higher resale tough. In the end, it all comes down to what someone wants and what they are willing to pay for. B)
I agree with you, but more than the color, it will be the condition of the car years down the road......and original paint is always a big, big plus.
Old 7/6/05, 02:49 AM
Mach 1 Member

Back in '68. Ford allowed the Colorado regional reps to offer "color of the month". The idea was to have a color for the different holidays. Februarys color was passionate pink (or the street label of Playboy Pink). It was an official Ford color, but when ordered by the dealer, the color code was left blank. There were 10 built. I'm sure to the right buyer, these would be worth lots-o-bucks. Be cool if Ford would do something like that today.

My opinion on the new '05 would probably go for LL or WB. SS, MG, SB will be the least sought colors. Resale red (Torch, redfire) will be in the middle with Black. Yellow, white. Of course, I believe that all of this changes with a vert. White and yellow go to the top.
Old 7/6/05, 03:22 AM
Dethroned Nascar Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Staying out of the rare = value arguement, but I believe the least made color for 2005 will be either yellow or white. Back in Feb, White was the least popular color among approx 400 TMS 05 owners.
Old 7/6/05, 04:52 AM
Cobra Member

Very good question, I would be inclined to say that most people believe the color they purchased is worth more. Not me. I didn't buy a Legend Lime 'Stang because I thought it would be more valuable than another. I bought it because my last 3 cars were blue and I wanted a change. I also think the color suits the bold styling well. I knew that a rarer color could be a double-edged sword. It could become high in demand because it's rare, or it could become undesireable because it doesn't spring to mind when a person thinks "sports car." The buying public has fickle tastes; they change with the trends and overall availability. Blah blah blah

Can't go wrong with red, black or blue...
Old 7/6/05, 06:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@July 5, 2005, 9:57 PM

Contrary to your oblivious observation and inflated contribution, this is neither a church encounter, a pep rally, or Fantasy Land. Don't expect to be french kissed every time you mouth.
Great, thanks for the inciteful comments! You are really contributing some great posts to this topic. You may call my contribution inflated, but at least I have contributed something other than stupid remarks and insults. And whatever the He#$ that is supposed to mean, sounds pretty sick to me.
Old 7/6/05, 06:11 AM
Mach 1 Member

there are 192,000 expected 05 mustangs...you're not gunna walk away with a rare car here regargless of color.
Old 7/6/05, 06:30 AM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Originally posted by moc1976@July 6, 2005, 8:13 AM
Great, thanks for the inciteful comments! You are really contributing some great posts to this topic. You may call my contribution inflated, but at least I have contributed something other than stupid remarks and insults. And whatever the He#$ that is supposed to mean, sounds pretty sick to me.
You can have your illusions, I'll stick to reality. You got what you asked for.

Anyone with half a brain and minimum knowledge of Mustang history will post the way the market is rather than have a penny stock approach.
Old 7/6/05, 07:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 1 BULLITT@July 6, 2005, 6:33 AM
You can have your illusions, I'll stick to reality. You got what you asked for.

Anyone with half a brain and minimum knowledge of Mustang history will post the way the market is rather than have a penny stock approach.
What are you talking about? Illusions, and what exactly did I ask for?
Old 7/6/05, 07:43 PM

1 Bullit...........thats GREAT!!!
Old 7/6/05, 09:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by 65gtfastback@July 6, 2005, 1:54 AM
I hate to tell you but, you're going to have to wait about 35 years for your car to even be worth what you paid for it today, thats if it's perfect...
That being said, the rarity of a color is not what increases a vintage car's value, it's the popularity of the color down the road. For example, Seafoam Green is a rare color for a '68 Mustang, but today, like in '68, no one wants a Seafoam Mustang. I love the Mustang color called "Emberglo", a rare '66 only color, but today, as then, red would be an easier sell. ICAP, with resale red or black would be my bet for popularity in forty years, both me and mine will probably long gone by then...
Paul
I agree that rare color will not be worth extra.

I disagree on your future price reasoning, based on history of the Mustang and other 35 year old vehicles in excellent orginal or restored condition. They are selling for ten fold and more. A perfect O5 GT in 2040 will be worth many times its orginal cost. And they built 300K 69's and 200K 70's and there were about 50M less people in the U.S.

I'm not saying an O5 GT will be worth 250K by then. A lot will bear on the cost of new comparable vehicle at that time. And how many O5's are still around. With that in mind I say that the O5 will bring a premium of many times todays cost in 2040. Unless the dollar goes bust.
Old 7/7/05, 12:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by Badsnke98@July 6, 2005, 10:46 PM
I agree that rare color will not be worth extra.

I disagree on your future price reasoning, based on history of the Mustang and other 35 year old vehicles in excellent orginal or restored condition. They are selling for ten fold and more. A perfect O5 GT in 2040 will be worth many times its orginal cost. And they built 300K 69's and 200K 70's and there were about 50M less people in the U.S.

I'm not saying an O5 GT will be worth 250K by then. A lot will bear on the cost of new comparable vehicle at that time. And how many O5's are still around. With that in mind I say that the O5 will bring a premium of many times todays cost in 2040. Unless the dollar goes bust.
Good point Bruce, but if you had bought a new Mustang GT for $3000 in 1968, you would need about $18000 in 2005 dollars just to break even! This of course does not include the cost of the restoration...
IMHO, we'll never get rich with a high volume car like a 2005 Mustang GT, might just as well drive the wheels of it.
Paul
Old 7/7/05, 01:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 65gtfastback@July 6, 2005, 11:08 PM
Good point Bruce, but if you had bought a new Mustang GT for $3000 in 1968, you would need about $18000 in 2005 dollars just to break even! This of course does not include the cost of the restoration...
IMHO, we'll never get rich with a high volume car like a 2005 Mustang GT, might just as well drive the wheels of it.
Paul
Exactly... personally, I couldn't care less what the future resale values will be. I don't plan on ever selling my 05. After I have used it for my daily driver and weekend racer for a 100K miles or so, I plan on a total drag-race rebuild with one goal in mind... a 9-second car! :w00t:

This car is not an investement to me... it is my toy.
Old 7/7/05, 03:48 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yellow...its the rarest most sought after and by far the screamingest!
There are no dancing blue things here, or black or red or any other common color.....

Old 7/7/05, 06:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

My 2 cents worth is that either mineral grey or sonic blue will be rarest. Because those are the only 2 not being produced next year. However, if Ford brings the colors back then that could change everything (like they did with Mineral Grey).

And even between those 2 colors I would put my money on the Sonic. I have seen all colors except the White, Yellow, & Sonic Blue.

Anyway, like I said that's my 2 cents worth. Laters

~*~ Kera ~*~

Quick Reply: Which color is worth more