2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Clunky Auto Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/05, 07:04 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Robert@February 14, 2005, 3:54 AM
No answers for you, other than to say that I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about all the complaints people are having with the new Stang.

Why is it, exactly, that the domestic automakers are soooo far behind the imports in engineering, process and quality control?

Squeaks, rattles, shakes, shimmers, glitches and deceleration issues aside, several people are now reporting that the remote global up/down feature for the window doesn't work when you put your key in the door to raise the window. Ford's official answer: "We don't care and we're too stupid or lazy to fix it, so we'll just deactivate the module altogether."

THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN WITH HONDA, TOYOTA, MAZDA, BMW, LEXUS, et al. If they had an issue with something that didn't work properly, they would fix it, not turn their back on it...and consequently their customers as well. :nono:

It's one issue that Ford seems to have problems with quality (I understand the Ford GT was just recalled over some problem), it's another when their official customer service line is: "Dunno...don't care...don't bother us."

Poor quality interior materials...poor reliability...poor dealership experiences...poor customer service. I see little has changed with the Blue Oval. No wonder Toyota has surpassed Ford to become the world's number two automaker. You'd think that all the money Ford has been hemorrhaging in recent years would have taught them something. Quit worrying about building "halo" cars like the GT and Shelby GR-1, and get back to core basics: quality, reliability and service.

I really wanted a Mustang, but I become more angry and disenchanted with each new problem/complaint I see voiced on this site. And there are several!
Here's a newsflash for you. Go check the internet on problems with Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans. SURPRISE!! All cars have issues. Toyotas sometimes need transmissions, so do Nissans and Hondas. Some problems go unresolved to customers satisfaction. I've owned BMW, and witnessed at least 2 VERY angry people at the service desk.

Cars are cars. Whether you pay $18,000 or $80,000, they all have problems. This car is a HUGE improvement over the last generation. It's the first time out with this car and a ton of things the old car never thought of having. Check out the first year 350Z. That thing had enough issues to cause diehard Nissan fans to say "stay away".
Old 2/14/05, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hear the "clunk" wheni turn the wheel. Dealership said it was a flat bearing in one of the struts...I know nothing about this but they are fixing on monday (21st).
Old 2/14/05, 07:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt+February 14, 2005, 8:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(97svtgoin05gt @ February 14, 2005, 8:07 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Robert@February 14, 2005, 3:54 AM
No answers for you, other than to say that I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about all the complaints people are having with the new Stang.

Why is it, exactly, that the domestic automakers are soooo far behind the imports in engineering, process and quality control?

Squeaks, rattles, shakes, shimmers, glitches and deceleration issues aside, several people are now reporting that the remote global up/down feature for the window doesn't work when you put your key in the door to raise the window. Ford's official answer: "We don't care and we're too stupid or lazy to fix it, so we'll just deactivate the module altogether."

THIS WOULD NOT HAPPEN WITH HONDA, TOYOTA, MAZDA, BMW, LEXUS, et al. If they had an issue with something that didn't work properly, they would fix it, not turn their back on it...and consequently their customers as well. :nono:

It's one issue that Ford seems to have problems with quality (I understand the Ford GT was just recalled over some problem), it's another when their official customer service line is: "Dunno...don't care...don't bother us."

Poor quality interior materials...poor reliability...poor dealership experiences...poor customer service. I see little has changed with the Blue Oval. No wonder Toyota has surpassed Ford to become the world's number two automaker. You'd think that all the money Ford has been hemorrhaging in recent years would have taught them something. Quit worrying about building "halo" cars like the GT and Shelby GR-1, and get back to core basics: quality, reliability and service.

I really wanted a Mustang, but I become more angry and disenchanted with each new problem/complaint I see voiced on this site. And there are several!
Here's a newsflash for you. Go check the internet on problems with Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans. SURPRISE!! All cars have issues. Toyotas sometimes need transmissions, so do Nissans and Hondas. Some problems go unresolved to customers satisfaction. I've owned BMW, and witnessed at least 2 VERY angry people at the service desk.

Cars are cars. Whether you pay $18,000 or $80,000, they all have problems. This car is a HUGE improvement over the last generation. It's the first time out with this car and a ton of things the old car never thought of having. Check out the first year 350Z. That thing had enough issues to cause diehard Nissan fans to say "stay away".
[/b][/quote]

Too bad JD Power, Consumer Reports, Consumer Digest, Lemonaide and a growing percentage of the buying public don't agree with you. Too bad Ford is now the number three automaker (behind a rice brand, no less), when they used to be number two.

Like it or not, the vast majority of the buying public - on the whole - sees the following equation: imports = quality...domestics = crap.

Just shows what resting on your laurels for 25 years does for you.

And now there's talk of letting Chinese import cars into North America in the next ten years.
Old 2/14/05, 08:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Robert+February 14, 2005, 8:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Robert @ February 14, 2005, 8:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@February 14, 2005, 8:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Robert
@February 14, 2005, 3:54 AM

Too bad JD Power, Consumer Reports, Consumer Digest, Lemonaide and a growing percentage of the buying public don't agree with you. Too bad Ford is now the number three automaker (behind a rice brand, no less), when they used to be number two.

Like it or not, the vast majority of the buying public - on the whole - sees the following equation: imports = quality...domestics = crap.

And now there's talk of letting Chinese import cars into North America in the next ten years.
[/b][/quote]

The buying public on the whole are a bunch of SHEEP. That can be proven just by looking at Dell. Dell, the marketing masters they are screw together inferior junk stuff they buy at dirt prices and market it to Americans who buy it up like candy cause of price. Then something goes wrong and WOW...perhaps Dell isn't as great as THEY say they are.

Honda produces boring cars that are reliable.

Toyota produces boring cars that are reliable, and some have unreal fuel mileage.

Nissan builds some semi-exciting cars which are somewhat pricy.

Mazda (a Ford owned company) produces some decently entertaining products that have personality and win awards.

Let people keep supporting the imports. One more reason we're considered fat, dumb and happy as a country by other countries.
Old 2/14/05, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Let me start by quoting Tony,QUOTE]I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Do not make other people's problems your own![/QUOTE]. I didn't quit follow his rule, so while I was waiting for my car to arrive, I read the problems described on this forum. What did I do when my car arrived, waited for something to happen. Yes I was so glad when I finally could drive my own GT, but in the back of my mind I was like, when am I going to have this problem or that problem. You know what, I got over that because it is stupid to keep thinking that way if something happens then it happens, I was out to enjoy this car.
I have the automatic transmision in my car and it is bf far the best auto I have ever driven. I do not have any interior rattles and the noises I do hear are the noises of an American Muscle Car. This guy likes his Mustang GT. I knew what I was buying when I ordered it, I did as much homework as I could. I have loved the last two months of ownership. It meets all my needs in a modern muscle car. It may not be the fastest car on the road, but to me it offers plenty of appeal and performance. In closing, you will not find any car model, whether produced in large volume or hand build, without some kind of issue. So enjoy your Mustang.
Old 2/14/05, 09:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt+February 14, 2005, 9:11 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(97svtgoin05gt @ February 14, 2005, 9:11 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Robert@February 14, 2005, 8:57 PM
Originally posted by 97svtgoin05gt@February 14, 2005, 8:07 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Robert
@February 14, 2005, 3:54 AM

The buying public on the whole are a bunch of SHEEP. That can be proven just by looking at Dell. Dell, the marketing masters they are screw together inferior junk stuff they buy at dirt prices and market it to Americans who buy it up like candy cause of price. Then something goes wrong and WOW...perhaps Dell isn't as great as THEY say they are.

Honda produces boring cars that are reliable.

Toyota produces boring cars that are reliable, and some have unreal fuel mileage.

Nissan builds some semi-exciting cars which are somewhat pricy.

Mazda (a Ford owned company) produces some decently entertaining products that have personality and win awards.

Let people keep supporting the imports. One more reason we're considered fat, dumb and happy as a country by other countries.
[/b][/quote]

"...fat, dumb and happy" huh? You said it, I didn't it. But I do believe that those are the exact same things that happened to the Roman Empire a few decades before it was sacked by the Goths.

Hope we don't get sacked by the Chinese...