2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Clean and Unscheduled

Search this Thread

Old 2/15/05, 07:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm getting the relatively high stink factor as well. 3 months. Nothing. Thanks FORD!!!
Old 2/15/05, 07:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

So, question for the people in the know, what happens to my un-filled 05 order when the 06's start coming out?
Old 2/15/05, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by David@February 14, 2005, 10:07 PM
I think I have everyone beat. my car is M003 for my dealer, ordered 10/15 and is still C/U
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:
B)
hang in there David i ordered 10/25 and just got pulled last week so i am keeping my fingers crossed for ya
Old 2/15/05, 11:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Still c/u ordered 12-13-04
Old 2/15/05, 11:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

(negativity filter set to on)

As negative a person that I am, I know that my place in line (no matter how unfair of a line) will eventually be the head of the line. The car will come. It will be everything you want ti to be and more. Could be worse.....you could have ordered today or not at all!

Get what you want so you aren't regretting it later. Be happy you have the means to afford the car.

Thanks

(negativity filter now disabled)

PS - Anyway to get a smiley putting a bullet through its head or would that be too much?
Old 2/15/05, 11:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think a lot of people's disatisfaction comes from the way the order/allocation system works. Since dealers only get so much allocation for cars, an order at a dealer with less allocation will take longer to recieve than an order at a dealer with more allocation, all other things being equal. A lot of it is also that dealers get to set the priority of the orders that they submit. When people who ordered in october and november see people who ordered in January getting their cars built, it appears that Ford is skipping them in line to build other people's cars. A more likely situation is that the dealer they ordered from has a small allocation of mustangs, has set their priority lower than other orders (even possibly orders for the lot) or a combination of both. I can see a dealer setting a lower priority on a sold order as opposed to a lot order since they know that once the sold order comes in it is gone, while a lot order will bring more people into the dealership. This isn't very good customer service practice, but it is a reality. It kind of stinks to say this, but the people who are waiting forvever may have just picked the wrong dealership to order from.
Old 2/15/05, 11:53 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by jwede@February 15, 2005, 11:01 AM
So, question for the people in the know, what happens to my un-filled 05 order when the 06's start coming out?
I believe you are first in line for an '06.
Old 2/15/05, 11:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

I believe that is my case exactly jsheehan. It was my choice, my problem. I know the dealer has allocation, just waiting on the IUP thing still. I don't think the midwest region is getting the allotments of IUP as other regions.

I'm trying to keep my money local. It will pay dividends later I think.
Old 2/15/05, 11:59 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by jwede@February 15, 2005, 12:57 PM
I'm trying to keep my money local. It will pay dividends later I think.
That makes perfect sense in my book. When you take the car to be serviced where you bought it from, you are more likely to be treated better, and this is easier to do when you buy local. It kind of stinks that the order allocation system works the way it does, but I think there are reasons why it works this way (Karpro made a good point about this in another thread). I think the best thing anyone can do is be patient because it will get here eventually.
Old 2/15/05, 01:53 PM
Bullitt Member

My order was the dealers 3rd he gets one alow per month. I should be March
order 12-13-04 :scratch:
Old 2/15/05, 02:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

So if GT and IUP allotment is 30% and one of the prior two orders use the allotment....it could be longer.

You have to bank the IUP and GT allocations right?
Old 2/15/05, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by redstang@February 15, 2005, 2:56 PM
My order was the dealers 3rd he gets one alow per month. I should be March
order 12-13-04 :scratch:

Actually, I think the worse part of all this is the lack of information. A car is the second largest purchase most people make in their life (at least true for me). So here you are, you have made the decision to commit 28 grand to what is your dream car, everything you want, just like you want it, and then you wait, wait, wait, more waiting.... with nothing put a signed agreement and copy of your order confirmation and in some cases out a deposit. And lets face it, we are here because we LOVE these cars and it is the desire (right or wrong) that is killing us to own one.

Fortunately, I ordered from a salesmen that is a personal friend. That isn't getting my car any faster, but at least he keeps me posted of how many GT's they got in, where I am in line at least at the dealer etc. That is better than nothing. I couldn't imagine making this kind of commitment, then walking away for two months wondering what the heck is going on and neither should Ford expect that of thier costumers.

I have a friend that ordered a mini (ugly little car, but that is another subject for another time) and she got weekly emails, and pictures of her car coming down the line. Now that is just cool, I don't care what you say. I think Ford, or at least the dealers might want to consider and email system that reports the status of your order every couple of weeks, or hey we got modern technology, lets do like the folks building the mini did. Maybe not somthing that drastic, but it helps to know a your just a little closer to your dream.

Thumbs up to Brad, because without him I really would be wondering what the heck is going on. Great site Brad!

Oscar
Old 2/15/05, 02:39 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by jsheehan@February 15, 2005, 12:54 PM
I think a lot of people's disatisfaction comes from the way the order/allocation system works. Since dealers only get so much allocation for cars, an order at a dealer with less allocation will take longer to recieve than an order at a dealer with more allocation, all other things being equal. A lot of it is also that dealers get to set the priority of the orders that they submit. When people who ordered in october and november see people who ordered in January getting their cars built, it appears that Ford is skipping them in line to build other people's cars. A more likely situation is that the dealer they ordered from has a small allocation of mustangs, has set their priority lower than other orders (even possibly orders for the lot) or a combination of both. I can see a dealer setting a lower priority on a sold order as opposed to a lot order since they know that once the sold order comes in it is gone, while a lot order will bring more people into the dealership. This isn't very good customer service practice, but it is a reality. It kind of stinks to say this, but the people who are waiting forvever may have just picked the wrong dealership to order from.
Sorry if this reply is messed up. I'm a newbie here.
My complaint isn't that I have to wait longer than some other person for my car, because they went to a dealer/geography with a larger allocation.

My complaint is that I won't get the 2005 Mustang with the color and features that I want at all! It's too late to order from another dealer, unless I go to some place 100s of miles away - and that may be a worthless effort.

Again - it's not an issue in my geographic area that we have to wait longer -we are not getting our Mustangs. Period.

I did a search at another dealer, just to check - there are no 2005 Windveil blue Premium GTs in any dealer's stock in my 5 state area.

Ford has decided that other parts of the US are better markets for Mustangs (that's my opinion).

Brad
Old 2/15/05, 03:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

I just relate it to the PT Cruisers. Chrysler couldn't keep them on the lots, people were paying huge premiums for them. Six months later they are everywhere. Guess what buyers ended up with? A Neon hatchback for all intents and purposes. At least we get a Mustang out of the deal at a fairly reasonable price.

Please save all PT Cruiser flames for another forum.
Old 2/16/05, 01:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by David@February 14, 2005, 10:07 PM
I think I have everyone beat. my car is M003 for my dealer, ordered 10/15 and is still C/U
What is M003?
Old 2/16/05, 02:57 PM
FR500 Member

Originally posted by DeathMonk+February 14, 2005, 4:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DeathMonk @ February 14, 2005, 4:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-dave_bought_another_black_stang@February 14, 2005, 4:11 PM
clean means there are no errors with your order and unscheduled means you have no build date yet.
I was in the same status until today. The guy i ordered it from told me i got a build date of 2/28 or the first week in march effectively.
I ordered on 1/20, so not a bad turn around. I ordered with the IUP and all the goodies Auto Shaker 1000, side airbags and upgrade alarm. all for 27, 438. WOO HOOO
No fair. I ordered Dec. 6th.
[/b][/quote]

i have the most sympathy for u guys who have been waiting for so long. its a shame ford hasnt gotten to ur orders yet. have asked ur dealer about allocation?? i did and they said they had it
Old 2/16/05, 03:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88+February 16, 2005, 4:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RaGsHoCkEy88 @ February 16, 2005, 4:00 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by DeathMonk@February 14, 2005, 4:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dave_bought_another_black_stang
@February 14, 2005, 4:11 PM
clean means there are no errors with your order and unscheduled means you have no build date yet.
I was in the same status until today. The guy i ordered it from told me i got a build date of 2/28 or the first week in march effectively.
I ordered on 1/20, so not a bad turn around. I ordered with the IUP and all the goodies Auto Shaker 1000, side airbags and upgrade alarm. all for 27, 438. WOO HOOO

i have the most sympathy for u guys who have been waiting for so long. its a shame ford hasnt gotten to ur orders yet. have asked ur dealer about allocation?? i did and they said they had it
[/b][/quote]

I had a long conversation about allocations with my dealer. From what he tells me, the area where I live (upper midwest) has little or no allocations for Mustangs. They are being 'punished' for not selling enough of them in 03 and 04 (my words). I'd have to go to a region where allocations are big to get an 05, he's told me that I won't likely get the one I have on order (12/08/04). And to make my chances even worse, I'm doing business with the local guy as I live in a small town. But that ain't getting me a car....

At this point, I'm guessing it's all about allocations if you want a 2005 Mustang- you can tell where Ford is giving the allocations by looking at the posts and where folks live who are ordering in Jan 05 and already have a ship date.
Old 2/16/05, 03:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by No05ForMe+February 16, 2005, 5:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(No05ForMe @ February 16, 2005, 5:41 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by RaGsHoCkEy88@February 16, 2005, 4:00 PM
Originally posted by DeathMonk@February 14, 2005, 4:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-dave_bought_another_black_stang
@February 14, 2005, 4:11 PM

I had a long conversation about allocations with my dealer. From what he tells me, the area where I live (upper midwest) has little or no allocations for Mustangs. They are being 'punished' for not selling enough of them in 03 and 04 (my words). I'd have to go to a region where allocations are big to get an 05, he's told me that I won't likely get the one I have on order (12/08/04). And to make my chances even worse, I'm doing business with the local guy as I live in a small town. But that ain't getting me a car....

At this point, I'm guessing it's all about allocations if you want a 2005 Mustang- you can tell where Ford is giving the allocations by looking at the posts and where folks live who are ordering in Jan 05 and already have a ship date.
[/b][/quote]

I am also in the upper mid west. Right smack dab in the middle of it.
My dealer sings a different tune. I asked him about region and sales.
He basically said if a dealership can move them, they will get them.
Old 2/16/05, 03:56 PM
Cobra Member

What exactly is the upper midwest? I had always considered the Dakotas, Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota the "upper midwest", and Michigan, Ohio, and Indiana to be the North, as I grew up in KY. I am told by a friend in NJ that many even consider western PA the "midwest". It may be difference in defintion. I can see where "upper midwest" Michigan would have a lot more sales than "upper midwest" North Dakota, etc.
Old 2/16/05, 06:07 PM

[/quote]
What is M003?
[/quote]
3rd mustang order from this dealer