2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Carroll $helby....

Search this Thread

Old 2/4/08, 05:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1 BULLITT
an amazing feat which can only be accomplished by those exceptionally skilled in economics.
It's very simple. Each is a unique company (Corp or LLC). One could go bankrupt and have no effect on the others. They are separate entities under the law.

Just Business 101
Old 2/4/08, 06:17 AM
Service Manager

Received 447 Likes on 221 Posts
Originally Posted by JonW
Shelby stated in one of his rebuttals that the goal of his foundation initially is to raise money and build up a "war chest" if you will. And that is true with most any foundation. The goal of a foundation is to amass enough money so that the foundation can be self-perpetuating, and use further donations and interest gained from the endowment to distribute to charity. The endowment is left intact to continue to fund the foundation.
Exactly and it is really easy for everyone to sit back and throw stones and cry foul...but he is doing SOMETHING.....how many of you casting stones have started a charity?!? If you don't like how he is running his then perhaps you should start your own charity and show him how its done?!?

The man has made a difference and he is doing something positive...you can't take that away no matter how hard you try.

I am not defending Shelby or even trying to but facts are facts....he started the childrens fund and does a LOT to raise money for it....the fact that he is taking steps to ensure it's survival long after he is gone is responsible and something to be commended...not criticized. You know it would have been really easy for him to just take every bit of the money he has invested and raised with signatures and just put it in his pocket and not worry about the childrens fund. I would think that unless you have done something better then you have no dog in this fight and have no right to criticize the man for starting the charity and taking steps to ensure it's survival.
Old 2/4/08, 06:32 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LBJay
They do.
Did the place you got that quote say who owns GT-350? Just wondering. Ford made that Mustang in the '80s, then I remember there were some legal issues, but I don't remember the outcome. Even with all the special editions there's been no GT-350 since then though.
Old 2/5/08, 06:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SStang
Did the place you got that quote say who owns GT-350? Just wondering. Ford made that Mustang in the '80s, then I remember there were some legal issues, but I don't remember the outcome. Even with all the special editions there's been no GT-350 since then though.
Hello all, just to let you know that the owner of the Gt 350 ® is this guy... http://www.auto-design.ca/index_e.html and not Shelby or Ford.
Old 2/6/08, 04:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SStang
Did the place you got that quote say who owns GT-350?
Shelby

SHELBY THE DISTINCTIVE APPEARANCE AND SHAPE OF THE COBRA AND COBRA 427 IS A PROTECTED TRADE DRESS PROPERTY OF SHELBY AMERICAN MANAGEMENT COMPANY. SHELBY GT350 IS A TRADEMARK OF SHELBY MANAGEMENT COMPANY.

http://www.shelbylicensing.com/brands.htm
Old 2/6/08, 05:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Mathlin2000
Hello all, just to let you know that the owner of the Gt 350 ® is this guy... http://www.auto-design.ca/index_e.html and not Shelby or Ford.
He may have a trademark on GT-350 in Canada that hasn't been legally challenged yet.

The Shelby Trademark is for G.T. 350 (notice the periods)