2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Can't Decide

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/05, 04:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was wrestling with the same decision you are. I went with redfire. I'm still waiting for my car, but I saw another redfired at a dealership and I'm happy with my decision. Either way, you're going to get a beautiful car!
Old 1/28/05, 05:42 PM
Bullitt Member

I am going with Redifre when I order my Gt. I like the Black also but it would be hard for me to maintain the beauty of the black with my schedule
Old 1/28/05, 08:55 PM
GT Member

I have the redfire, and have no regrets, it is beautiful. My previous car was black and agree it was much harder to keep clean. But both look great with the 05.
Old 1/28/05, 09:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Redfire is gorgeous. Finally saw one in person 3 weeks ago at a dealership. So glad I chose this color for my V6. This one was a GT. And you know, after staring at it so long, I originally wasn't a fan of the fog lights in the grille, but they looked sweet to me now also. Car's still there after 3 weeks. Probably cause it only has I.U.P. "Lite" & an auto trans cause they're only asking for just over $26,000. My current Firebird is black & I've loved the color. After 10 years just want a change. I don't think you'll regret afterwards which ever one you choose.
Old 1/29/05, 09:06 AM
V6 Member

Unfortunately the dealer flaked on me and flat out refused to give me any of the pricing he had promised. after talking and arguing economic theory with the guy I walked out. We have bought our last two cars there and I thought he would treat us right. But apparently he doesnt want our continued buisiness over an argument on 1500 dollars in price, oh well. I dont even mind paying MSRP but just on principle alone I will only pay 500 over invoice. I wil be shopping around trying ot find a smaller less busy dealership and will report back once IU have more info....

Thanks again for all your input and I will be getting a redfire.
Old 1/29/05, 09:33 AM

There is the answer .
Looks very very nice .
Old 1/29/05, 10:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by gshub77@January 29, 2005, 10:09 AM

Get it in writing next time...you'll find one for right around invoice, be patient...good choice of colors
Old 1/29/05, 07:02 PM

I don't really like the red on mustangs, red looks really good on certain cars, but this red looks kinda burt reynolds to me or something, like magnum PI lol... no offence.

the 05 looks like a masculine car... and black compliments that really well. IMHO.

your car is an extension of your personality... choose what you think is best. I chose black
Old 1/29/05, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

black is my second favorite color. I love red, but never been a fan of the Lazer Red, which turned into Redfire Red.
not really. I have a laser red '95 GT, and I parked it next to an '05 redfire V6 to compare the colors, and the redfire is definitely a much darker shade of red. Redfire is awesome, but it almost borders on maroon. Check it out next to a Torch Red just to see how dark it is.

I was seriously thinking of ordering black, despite warnings from several friends and relatives who owned black cars and swore never to get them again. Then a couple weeks ago I went to see one INSIDE a showroom that was cleaned just that day, and it was already covered with a thin film of plainly visible dust. You couldn't see the dust at all on the other cars in the showroom - only on the black one. Then up close, it was fingerprint city! Smudges all over the thing. Yuck. Finally, the car looked like it had scratches all over it. Maybe they would come right out with a waxing, but maybe not...

Now, SurfinSoCal's black '05 GT is probably the shiniest car I have ever seen in my life, so there's nothing like them if you spend the time and do the clay bar thing and all of that. But with black you're making a definite commitment to being a car wash slave.
Old 1/29/05, 11:15 PM
Dan
Do You Remember Me?

Originally posted by doulos4JC@January 28, 2005, 12:30 PM
The redfire I saw had almost a "rose" appearance in bright sunshine. Pictures of this color don't do it justice. It's one of those colors that has subtle changes, depending on the outside enviroment. Get an up close look at it, if you already haven't.
Exactly. Pictures often make this colour look purpley in some lights. It DOES NOT at all look purple. Candy apple at night and looks great in the sun.

Extremely happy I went redfire!
Old 1/29/05, 11:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

I guess I'm the only one who's sick to death of Red Fire '05's! That's all I see in mags, books, everywhere! I'm waffling between black and silver myself... this colour choice thing is THE hardest thing to decide!
Old 1/30/05, 05:50 AM
Cobra Member

Black looks meanest factory stock. You won't have to worry about painting mirrors to match. No color is more intimidating at day or stealthy at night.
Old 1/30/05, 06:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by gshub77@January 29, 2005, 10:09 AM
Unfortunately the dealer flaked on me and flat out refused to give me any of the pricing he had promised. after talking and arguing economic theory with the guy I walked out. We have bought our last two cars there and I thought he would treat us right. But apparently he doesnt want our continued buisiness over an argument on 1500 dollars in price, oh well. I dont even mind paying MSRP but just on principle alone I will only pay 500 over invoice. I wil be shopping around trying ot find a smaller less busy dealership and will report back once IU have more info....

I went to Wayne Ford on Rt 46 just past Willowbrook mall. They were good to deal with. Smaller dealership. The salesman I dealt with name was Sam. Real nice guy. I got the redfire and as everyone has told you the color is BEAUTIFUL! When it's clean and the sun is shining on it you can't believe the depth in the color. Anyway that's my 2 cents. Good luck!
Old 1/30/05, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

I have an 05GT and my part time job is around Giants Stadium. If didn't have a Satin Silver, the color would definetly be BLACK. I seen an all BLACK GT a couple of months ago at the lot and it was hot.
Old 1/30/05, 10:18 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by exc911ence@January 30, 2005, 1:23 AM
I guess I'm the only one who's sick to death of Red Fire '05's! That's all I see in mags, books, everywhere! I'm waffling between black and silver myself... this colour choice thing is THE hardest thing to decide!
Trust me, you're not alone! While I'm not much on Black because it tends to drown out details like where the grille begins and ends, OR Redfire, because I'm not fond of maroon, I would have to go with Redfire. At least you can see the subtle design elements a little clearer because the body color is different from the black grille, trim, mirrors, etc.

Then again, you could go with Black on top and maroon, sorry, Redfire on the sides. There's a post here somewhere that involves a 2-tone paint scheme...
Old 1/31/05, 08:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Went w/ black... makes the mirros & molding body color. Besides, I would have spent valuable mod money on painting the hood,wing & rear panel black otherwise
Old 1/31/05, 08:55 AM
FR500 Member

[quote=Kahdir,January 31, 2005, 7:45 AM]
Went w/ black... makes the mirros & molding body color. Besides, I would have spent valuable mod money on painting the hood,wing & rear panel black otherwise

Same here, notice the "blackout" I didn't have done between the tail lights!