2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Can't Decide

Search this Thread

Old 1/28/05, 08:10 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am going today immediately after work to order my mustang GT… It has been a long time coming and I am giddy with excitement . I am getting as I said a GT Premium with charcoal interior, IUP, all the safety things, keeping the stock wheel, and not upgrading the shaker as 500 Watts is plenty for me. The only thing I cannot decide is the color, I am in love with the look of the redfire in dimmer pictures, but I am a bit tentative about how it looks in the bright light. I do not want a bright red car as I would have gone with the Torch (which is a beauty in its own right just not my cup of tea). So right now it stands at either redfire or black. If anyone has any input on if they were a bit disappointed or maybe surprised at how bright red it was in the sunlight I would appreciate any input.

I would like to thank this board, brad and all the participants for making my first impulsive decision involving more then computer gadgets. And I will report on the dealer and will have pics through out the process.

Incase anyone is wondering this is the third car my family is buying at this dealership so we were offered either Xplan pricing and 0% APR( this is the clincher) or 2500 over book on the tradein and 0%APR with those kind of deals how could I go anywhere else?

I am in North Jersey and this is Stadium Auto mall in Rutherford NJ.

once again Thank you for your input.
Old 1/28/05, 08:15 AM
Cobra Member

I have to say this was exactly my problem. I choose redfire, then after I ordered I test drove a GT auto in redfire. I loved the color as it was the first redfire GT they had, so I had never seen it offline.
Old 1/28/05, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I absolutely love the redfire on my '05. After a wash and wax, it truly is a stunning color, whether in daylight or under the neon. It also doesn't look to bad when its a bit dirty, which I would imagine the black would be otherwise. There are plenty of press photos that ford made using redfire. You may want to go through the pictures on this site just to make a final decision.

I would only get black if you were also getting red interior... such a nice combo.
Old 1/28/05, 08:20 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here's two threads on the same topic:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=13222
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=12678

Read what everybody said in there.

I think you should get Black, because I want less Redfires on the road.
Old 1/28/05, 08:22 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Both colors look spectacular - if you want a little less worry cleaning-wise, go Redfire. An amazing color.
Otherwise, Black looks outstanding and you'll be as happy as me and the rest of the 'Dark Horse club'.
Old 1/28/05, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was in the same boat and went Redfire. My previous vehicle was black and it was a pain to keep clean, even for just a couple days. I have no regrets, but both look great.

Jason
Old 1/28/05, 08:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I love the redfire. It is still a deep red in the bright sun light.
Old 1/28/05, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey qshub77, let me know what your dealership experience is like and what kind of deal you got. I am in the NJ area and I'm looking to order a new 05 by March. Looking for some good dealerships. Good luck with ordering

Go with redfire
Old 1/28/05, 08:58 AM
GT Member

Red oxidizes over time. Black doesn't. I will probably never have another red car.

Additionally red seems to attract police more than black.
Old 1/28/05, 09:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Red does oxidize over time but that is over a very long time. Helps if it is going to be garage kept.

Black is a bear to keep clean looking. Black also shows every nick, scratch and door ding much more predominately.

I went with redfire. Just got rid of a black car, won't have one again.
Old 1/28/05, 09:27 AM
Bullitt Member

The redfire I saw had almost a "rose" appearance in bright sunshine. Pictures of this color don't do it justice. It's one of those colors that has subtle changes, depending on the outside enviroment. Get an up close look at it, if you already haven't.
Old 1/28/05, 09:46 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by doulos4JC@January 28, 2005, 10:30 AM
The redfire I saw had almost a "rose" appearance in bright sunshine. Pictures of this color don't do it justice. It's one of those colors that has subtle changes, depending on the outside enviroment. Get an up close look at it, if you already haven't.
I have been trying to find a dealership or anything with a redfire for weeks now with no avail. I have seen black and its amazing. I see that most people are saying redfire and I am tending to agree. I know I wont be hurt with either but in twilight I think redfire is the greatest color.

And I will let you know how my shopping experiance is, hopefully tonight then if not I will tomorrow.
Old 1/28/05, 09:50 AM
Mach 1 Member

It really comes down to personal preference. I'm not a big fan of black cars. They look great cleaned up, but are very hard to maintain. I liked redfire from the moment I saw it on an '05 GT a year ago. It looks very nice under all lighting conditions, and I don't think it looks too bright under direct sunlight. It looks best IMO at sunset. Good luck. Either way, you are going to have a great looking Stang.
Old 1/28/05, 11:38 AM
GT Member

I'm in the ball park with most everyone else. You can't go wrong either way.

Thinking back, I have bought 23 cars over the years for my personal use. I hate to say it, mostly GM's (OK, I'm a slow learner). When ordering my '05, I knew exactly what I wanted; ...except color.

To me, nothing is a elegant as a well maintained black finish. Therein lies the rub; ..."well maintained".

I guess I'm lazy because my order went in as Satin Silver. Last week, however, I changed it to Redfire (Torch red is beautiful but a little too attention getting from a distance for my sometimes questionable driving habits). Presuming "T85, C/U" gets scheduled soon, that's the way I will go. Much longer and I may get bored enough to change again.

Again, you can't go wrong either way.

Old 1/28/05, 02:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You cannot go wrong with either of these colors. My choice too was between these two. I ended up going Black cause I wanted the ICAP, and black with ICAP is awesome.

I'd have to say with this choice, FIRST AVAILABLE. You won't be sorry either way.
Old 1/28/05, 03:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dark Horse member here, Black has my vote (Big surprise)

Mike
Old 1/28/05, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

My brother in law bought a Redfire and it is beautiful!! I'm ordering Performance White. Here a pic of the Redfire.
Old 1/28/05, 03:41 PM
Cobra Member

Originally posted by orthoguy@January 28, 2005, 4:36 PM
Dark Horse member here, Black has my vote (Big surprise)

Mike
I agree....black is my second favorite color. I love red, but never been a fan of the Lazer Red, which turned into Redfire Red.
Old 1/28/05, 03:48 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry...this is a test.
Old 1/28/05, 03:59 PM
Bullitt Member

go with redfire :worship:

Quick Reply: Can't Decide