2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

Can someone explain X-PLAN, Z-PLAN, ETC.

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/06, 09:51 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone explain X-PLAN, Z-PLAN, ETC.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered a million times but I'm clueless here. Can someone explain what these plans are or refer me to another thread where it was already explained. Slap me with the IDIOT tag !!!
Old 7/26/06, 01:43 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A/Z Plan is for Ford Employees and their immediate family members which include the spouse, siblings (including step and in-law) and children, and grandchildren. They can also give out an X-Plan as well. These people can buy 4 cars per year with the plan (spread out among themselves or relatives above)

X-Plan is for all employees of companies that do business with Ford in a large scale. For example Merck & Co buys all their fleet cars from Ford. Dell sells Ford their computers. The number of companies is in the thousands. These customers get 2 car purchases with the plan per year.

D-Plan is for Dealership employees. We pay exactly $100 more than A-Z Plan customers.

Hope this helps And don't worry, no idiot tag necessary. Glad to help.
Old 7/26/06, 08:33 PM
V6 Member

There seem to be a lot of people making X-Plan purchases. How does one make such a purchase if they are not a member of a company doing business with Ford?

BTW, I give you an A+ on your explanation. Very thorough.

Wish I knew this info before I placed my order. I thought I was getting a good deal paying $500 over invoice. How much do people pay on the A/Z and X plans?
Old 7/26/06, 08:53 PM
V6 Member

X plan is about $25 bucks under invoice. You can go to another particular site and request a x plan pin. With this pin you can go to a dealer and get x plan. PM me if you would like the link.
Old 7/27/06, 06:18 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by COCHISE
There seem to be a lot of people making X-Plan purchases. How does one make such a purchase if they are not a member of a company doing business with Ford?

BTW, I give you an A+ on your explanation. Very thorough.

Wish I knew this info before I placed my order. I thought I was getting a good deal paying $500 over invoice. How much do people pay on the A/Z and X plans?
Ford is actually asked factory workers to pass out X-Plan PIN numbers to friends and family who can't get the A/Z Plan. For Ford, the more cars they can get, it helps with the total sales.

And Cochise, thanks for the A+. Glad it helps you out.