2005-2009 Mustang Information on The S197 {Gen1}

C/U - AGAIN?

Search this Thread

Old 5/4/05, 06:45 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just received a phone call from Dave (aka Davids2toys), at work. He and I ordered our cars on the same day, and have been in a contest to see who gets their car first. He cruised by his dealership today and saw a totally filthy GT sitting in a back corner. It looked black, but being so dirty he wasn't positive. He checked out the sticker and found his name, as well as the paint color. It was black, and he had ordered M/G! bang: :bang: He's in shock, angry, and beside himself. This car is going to be a daily driver, so he knows he doesn't want to deal with the maintenance of a black car. He's supposed to go back to the dealer tomorrow and figure out the next step. I told him it seems to me they would expedite an order for him. So......it looks like Dave may be the "first" and "last" person from our build week to get his car!:bang:
Old 5/4/05, 06:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is with all the MAJOR errors on ordered vehicles?! :bang:

Best of luck to Dave on getting a pony in the right color with the right options!

I am keeping my figners crossed that my wife's pony comes in AS ORDERED! Here is a chop that Big D did for me of what it will look like with the mods complete.

[attachmentid=20168]

EK
Old 5/4/05, 07:06 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
moved by request
Old 5/4/05, 07:10 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's unreal . That's a real shame for Dave. I know he's got to be stressed beyond belief. I'd hate to be his dealer, I'm sure they're getting an earful right now. At least he'll get a good priority on the 'right' car. But Ford it'd be nice if Ford would throw in some type of freebie for him... like that'd happen.
Old 5/5/05, 01:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by 05GT-O.C.D.@May 4, 2005, 7:13 PM
That's unreal . That's a real shame for Dave. I know he's got to be stressed beyond belief. I'd hate to be his dealer, I'm sure they're getting an earful right now. At least he'll get a good priority on the 'right' car. But Ford it'd be nice if Ford would throw in some type of freebie for him... like that'd happen.
Priority means nothing, my priority has been 02, thats right 02, for 4 months, it was submitted by the dealer as a 10 but got changed somehow to a 02
Dave here, :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: , this has been just unbelievable, just wait until tomorrow. all I know is, I thought if I ever heard those dreaded two letters( C/U) again I would scream, well as crazy as it may seem, it might just happen.
The owner of the dealership is writing a letter to Ford tonight and expects an answer on what we are going to do about this situation. I am pretty bent on one thing though, if they are to build me another car, then I want it built next week and shipped immediately and I think they should definately throw me some sort of a bone, how about a credit from Ford for 1000.00 off the price. I told the manager I would take the black car if FORD would pay for detailing for the life of the car...lol. I also told him that if it is reordered that I want the price locked at what I was to pay per our agreement on Dec 7 04 and that if it was going to be built again, give me spoiler delete as long as it wont effect the price in any way!!!
I wonder if they will even have an expaination on what happened, this was not the dealers fault( at least I dont think so), all the paperwork, DORA etc said mineral gray. What kind of quality control do they have there at ford, does anyone know how this could have possibly happened?
One of my options for tomorrow mess will be to build me a 06 GT, titanium silver, same options as my previous order, first in line priviledge,same price as agreed upon on Dec 07 04...........yeah right, like this might happen!
well if they do build another car for me, then the dealer makes out doesn't he, he will sell the black car for MSRP or better instead of x-plan to me, and then get my 2nd new car and sell it to me... :notnice: , i should get a cut of his profit that he makes on the car, since my big rant to president of Ford cust relations got them the allocation in the first place........what BS!!!
No nanners for me...
So here is the best part, I never received any notice from my dealer about anything over the last three months, NOTHING, I totally found the car by accident.
And for those who care, there was 3.5 miles on the speedo and this car was not prepped yet, and yes, my name was on the window sticker and this is what my face looked like, , big time!!
I would appreciate any suggestions or constuctive critisism of my situation, thanks, Dave.
For a chevy guy crossing over to Ford, not been a good ride so far, NOT AT ALL! I will be giving the zone rep a call first thing tomorrow and he will be getting an earful for sure, this is the same guy who got my dealer the allottment and told me to call him if i had any further problems.